Best Furniture Buys

scduck

Mai at ThaiWod has always taken good care of me. Saved 40% on my U.K.-made mattresses for example.

Her furniture is WOOD, not sawdust and glue like some of the 'trendy' shops.

johnnyk, Could you please advise where ThaiWood is located and do they have a website.

Thanks

alloallo and burgernev,

Mai's showroom is directly across from the King's palace. As you approach the palace from town centre you will see very large portraits of His Majesty. The showroom is directly across from the 2nd portrait. Sorry I can never remember the soi number.

Mai also has a shop (ThaiWood) on Naresdamri Road at the foot of Dechanuchit Road (night market street) just walk north from the Hilton.

Mai speaks very good English and she has always been a pleasure to deal with. Tell her John sent you!

Edited by johnnyk

• 3 weeks later...

I just found a little shop near to the observer on the Cha-am side of the palace called Indoteak. They don't have a lot in the showroom, but the furniture itself is solid teak and of good quality. The prices are really reasonable.

I was talking to the farang guy who owns the shop who used to sell furniture that he got from Chiang Mai but he now imports and can still sell it at a cheaper price retail than he was buying wholesale from up in Chiang Mai.

Its definatley worth looking at. I dont know if he has a catalogue or whatever of other items he can get though.

For Bulk/Project ordering, i recently kitted out my 11 Villa's on Samui using a Company called Asia Solutions who are based here & have representation in Phuket & Pattaya for various Products i think. They don't retail but deliver all over Thailand including HH & even CM/CR & directly Import Water Hyacinth & Modern Furniture for A LOT less that the retail Shops would sell to you & i had a mixture of Modern in 3 Villa's & WH in the other 8 Villa's. I will be shipping 2 Containers back to the UK within 2 months with them & what was appealing was that i could mix & match the WH yet still retain the same prices. Realistic lead times, good quality Furniture & i was happy with the personalised service levels they gave me. The only thing i could fault was that i had to pay 60% deposit up front & also that they didn't install the Furniture but i could live with it because of their costings & the money i saved by using them. http://www.asiasolutions.us/

Credit where credit is due especially if you're looking to order for more that 1 Property.

• 1 month later...
We furnish all our places with Beautiful World furniture.

They've got a big diversity of styles, its all good quality wood and looks modern and stylish, if that's your taste ofcourse.

It's not cheap but its not expensive either for the quality you get, and they're always open to negotiation above the advertised discounts.

Staff and service is first class compared to most other places and they always deliver on time so far.

Other places:

W.O.L.F. used them before, quality wasn't there, it was 2 months late and customer service was abysmal. That was farangs.

Asian Living, great solid stuff a bit more traditional and less contemporary/fancy, but small selection and v. expensive. Swedish guy that runs it is very professional and helpful though.

Index/Winner - two bob, period.

Cabinet Company - good for kitchens for me (although some have have bad experiences), don't rate their furniture at all or prices.

Siam Old Teak - never been yet but heard good reports. Solid, sturdy stuff and reasonably prices people say. Worth a look.

The only other place I'd recommend is SB Furniture in back of HomePro, they have some decent attractive stuff, again quite contemporary/modern if that's you're taste. They're cheaper than Beautiful World although not the same 'solid wood' for want of a better description.

But this is just my opinion/taste (or lack of), they're all around town so go take a look and judge yourself.

Burgernev

We have managed to find a new shop called WANSAR just near the Observer magazine offices in Hua Hin(near Index) for teak outdoor furniture which is good quality and very good prices....over half the price of Index and WOLF...definately worth a visit.I think they have just opened a shop in Pattaya as well. :o Sarah

We have managed to find a new shop called WANSAR just near the Observer magazine offices in Hua Hin(near Index) for teak outdoor furniture which is good quality and very good prices....over half the price of Index and WOLF...definately worth a visit.I think they have just opened a shop in Pattaya as well. :o Sarah

We have just finished with the building of our villa on Palm Hills and bought all our outdoor furniture from Wansar.What I liked about them is they delivered it and put it up for us without charge and the girls were very friendly and helpful.

The prices were excellent value.We couldnt find them at first as they are a bit out of town but it was well worth it - they are opposite Hua Hin Hospital.

There is a new place that specializes in wood furniture located out on the east side of the highway in a row of new shophouses across from the land office and down a bit. Don't know the name but I know that the owner has one of the biggest furniture factories in Bangkok and will build furniture and cabinetry to order. All of our built-ins including the entire kitchen as well as our (solid Teak) interior doors came from his factory and the quality is good for the price.

• 10 months later...

Ive just finished my house in Bkk with furniture I brought from a new company I found called Nathan Rhodes Design. They have reproduction furniture of classic European designs.. Its from china, but its A grade. Far better than the Thai reproduction stuff.. at far less cost! www.nathanrhodesdesign.com

There is a furniture manufacturing district in Bangsu in BKK there are many shops mostly real Teak often at wholesale prices.

One of the best is STS the selection is amazing....................all solid teak.

Get the tube to Bangsu then ask a taxi driver.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I am looking for renovation company near Pattaya Jomtien for 1 room apartment.

If you had any photo to show, thank you !

Cheers.

Why are you posting this question on the Hua Hin forum and on this thread that is about furniture buys?