Woman stuck in Central Pattaya Condo Elevator

webfact

Woman stuck in Central Pattaya Condo Elevator

lift-2.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A 26 year old Thai Woman was subjected to a 1 ½ hour ordeal at a condominium in Central Pattaya early on Monday Morning which saw her stuck in an Elevator.

Rescue Workers were called to the Nine Carat Condominium in Soi Arunothai off the Central Pattaya Road just before 1am on Monday and determined the elevator was stuck on the ground floor and the doors could not be opened without some brute force being applied to the door mechanism.

Eventually Khun Gitaya was rescued and immediately broke-down in tears. She told Police, who also attended, that she had travelled down from the 8th floor

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/217927/woman-stuck-in-central-pattaya-condo-elevator/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-09-15

One and a half hours.........Really? OK I understand that can be distressing for some, but news worthy?

She travelled down from the 8th floor....... and sat on the 1st, in a lift for one and a half hours....... Big news!..... Someone travels down to the ground floor from the 8th floor in Pattaya in 3 seconds....... That's an accident!.

One and a half hours.........Really? OK I understand that can be distressing for some, but news worthy?

She travelled down from the 8th floor....... and sat on the 1st, in a lift for one and a half hours....... Big news!..... Someone travels down to the ground floor from the 8th floor in Pattaya in 3 seconds....... That's an accident!.

Obviously written by someone who has no idea what so evere of what claustrophobia can be like.

Typical type of response I have come to expect on here

stuck in a lift for 90 minutes and she's crying, calling the newspapers and everybody takes a photo? <deleted>???? It's not like she was assaulted or mugged, she was stuck in a lift for 90 minutes!! oh... and it's a "must read"... wow

And your response 'Sutty' is typical of TV snipers....FA to say on the topic, just try and take 'holier than thou' shots at posts.

Your saucer of warm milk is on its way, Table by the toilet!

Obviously written by someone who has no idea what so evere of what claustrophobia can be like.

Interesting ''DGS1244', (catchy name by the way!)

Obviously not claustrophobic enough to travel in a lift........ Can't use the stairs a? And I do understand what claustrophobia is, I don't have it. But I am fearful of other things..... So I avoid them!!!!

Fact is this is not a new worthy story.

Don't these smaller elevators have an emergency trap door in the roof that you can climb through?

Wouldn't be a nice place to be if the building was on fire.

Would you feel more comfortable on top of the elevator, in the dark elevator shaft, than inside the illuminated elevator?

About 2 months ago I was stuck in our condo elevator for about 10 minutes

I just pressed the emergy button and sat on the floor and waited

I had bottled water so big deal

I did not call the newspaper with my tragedy I did not even tell my dog about it cheesy.gif.

Glad that woman is not my wife OOOOOOOOH what a problem that would be

I did not call the newspaper with my tragedy I did not even tell my dog about it cheesy.gif.

Elevators do fail from time to time, you did not say how you were rescued? but 10 minutes is a bit different to 90...

Why was it news... simple emergency services were called, the condo management should be happy that in Thailand the ambulance chasers are the press and not lawyers.

What's an emergy button?

You needed water for a 10 minute wait?

This lady probably didn't call the newspapers either.

Newsworthy enough to keep you here for 6 hours!

I think you'll find that this was an incident, not an accident.

And your response 'Sutty' is typical of TV snipers....FA to say on the topic, just try and take 'holier than thou' shots at posts.

You think that your comments qualify as having something to say on the subject?

Sticks and stones stick and stones boy

Imagine if one was in a similar situation, and one had decided to entertain oneself with foul smelling rude noisessmile.png . Then, just after one emits a prize winning paint peeler laugh.png - they open the door!biggrin.png

Haha, wouldn't want to be stuck in an elevator with you.

I got stuck in an elevator/lift in Pattaya. Stayed in a large apartment on Beach Road. The lift serves just two apartments. Saturday evening decided to pop down to the shops and decided that I didn't need to take my mobile telephone with me. Small mistake. Elevator got stuck between floors. Slowly the horror of realising that the only people due to visit were the cleaners on the Monday. That's when you get an idea of whether you suffer from claustrophobia or not. Decided to get into the mindset that I might be there for up to 36 hours.

Happily a security guard from the hotel next door, heard me ringing the alarm bell and came to assist. Drama over. I didn't cry.

Archived