Thai Immigration launches 'new' crackdown on visa runners

webfact

The fast track service is legal

stop talking rubbish, further fast track passes are given to business class passengers, the service is advertised by AOT, even economy passengers can use the fast track if you pay the Thb 1200...its not tea money, the money doesnt go to immigratuon

Re-entry permits at SUV are above board its an immigration booth

Anothef know it all who knows nothing

No, no. Allow me to clarify because we are talking about two different things.

I am not talking about the fast track system that you benefit from being a business class passenger or Gold Member on Qatar Airways for instance.

I am talking about a booth called "Visa on Arrival" that you have never seen unless you belong to this group of countries.

The list of countries eligible to obtain Visa on Arrival

Andorra Bhutan Bulgaria China Taiwa Cyprus Ethiopia India Kazakhstan Latvia Lithuania Maldives Malta Mauritius Romania San marino Saudi Arabia Ukraine Uzbekistan

The price is 1,000 baht and you get 14 days on arrival. PAID.

On the left hand side, there is a counter called Fast Track that charges THB 1,200 for the service but if my memory serves me right only issues / issued the receipt for 1,000.

I thought that's what the general xyz meant when he was talking about the corruption in Suvarnabhumi.

As for the reentry permit, you may be right it is above the board, I don't remember if that receipt was for 1,000 or 1,200.

attachicon.gif14(3).jpg

And the fast track booth is to purchase a fast track voucher/limo/ golf cart/porter service same as business class get its thb 1200 dependent on the package you buy its nothing to do with the immigration visa on arrival booth, anyone can buy the fast track services, for business class its in the price of the ticket, its a legit business and nothing to do with immigration

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stop talking rubbish, further fast track passes are given to business class passengers, the service is advertised by AOT, even economy passengers can use the fast track if you pay the Thb 1200...its not tea money, the money doesnt go to immigratuon

I am not talking about the fast track system that you benefit from being a business class passenger or Gold Member on Qatar Airways for instance.

I am talking about a booth called "Visa on Arrival" that you have never seen unless you belong to this group of countries.

Andorra Bhutan Bulgaria China Taiwa Cyprus Ethiopia India Kazakhstan Latvia Lithuania Maldives Malta Mauritius Romania San marino Saudi Arabia Ukraine Uzbekistan

On the left hand side, there is a counter called Fast Track that charges THB 1,200 for the service but if my memory serves me right only issues / issued the receipt for 1,000.

I thought that's what the general xyz meant when he was talking about the corruption in Suvarnabhumi.

As for the reentry permit, you may be right it is above the board, I don't remember if that receipt was for 1,000 or 1,200.

attachicon.gif14(3).jpg

And the fast track booth is to purchase a fast track voucher/limo/ golf cart/porter service same as business class get its thb 1200 dependent on the package you buy its nothing to do with the immigration visa on arrival booth, anyone can buy the fast track services, for business class its in the price of the ticket, its a legit business and nothing to do with immigration

Again, the fast track I'm talking about and the fast track you're talking about are two different fast tracks.

You're talking about the complimentary pass given to passengers on Business, Elite Visas, whatever. That is to fast track you through immigration on your way in or out. I don't know if it can be purchased by Economy Class passengers. So that does not have a price.

The particular fast track I was talking about was for people that cannot get a free visa exempt chop and they don't have a visa from an Embassy, so they arrive in Thailand without a visa, but because they belong to that certain group of countries, they cannot get visa exempt for free, they have to pay, so they use a counter called "Visa on Arrival"

The official price is 1,000 baht. They get 14 days or 15 days.

There are 2 counters there. A normal one where they charge 1,000 and a so called "Fast Track" right next to it where they charge / charged 1,200.

The receipt issued though is for 1,000 baht only, so the difference of 200 baht is the tea money.

Again, I don't remember if the receipt issued in Suvarnabhumi for reentry permits is for 1,000 or 1,200. But I believe it is 1,200. Had it been 1,000, the difference would have also been tea money.

So everything above has to do with immigration yes and visas on arrival, and not the free complimentary fast track you're talking about.

attachicon.gif14(3).jpg

Again, the fast track I'm talking about and the fast track you're talking about are two different fast tracks.

You're talking about the complimentary pass given to passengers on Business, Elite Visas, whatever. That is to fast track you through immigration on your way in or our. I don't know if it can be purchased by Economy Class passengers. So that does not have a price.

The particular fast track I was talking about was for people that cannot get a free visa exempt chop and they don't have a visa from an Embassy, so they arrive in Thailand without a visa, but because they belong to that certain group of countries, they cannot get visa exempt for free, they have to pay, so they use a counter called "Visa on Arrival"

The official price is 1,000 baht. They get 14 days or 15 days.

There are 2 counters there. A normal one where they charge 1,000 and a so called "Fast Track" right next to it where they charge / charged 1,200.

The receipt issued though is for 1,000 baht only, so the difference of 200 baht is the tea money.

Again, I don't remember if the receipt issued in Suvarnabhumi for reentry permits is for 1,000 or 1,200. But I believe it is 1,200. Had it been 1,000, the difference would have also been tea money.

So everything above has to do with immigration yes and visas on arrival, and not the free complimentary fast track you're talking about.

Even if we are talking two different things fast tracking a visa is not usual in many countries you pay for it, even the UK offers fast track settlement visas so enough of the corruption and conspiracys on every corner

Even if we are talking two different things fast tracking a visa is not usual in many countries you pay for it, even the UK offers fast track settlement visas so enough of the corruption and conspiracys on every corner

Yes, and I am sure in the UK you get a receipt for the whole amount.

Last time I had the pleasure to visit Poipet and get a Cambodian visa on arrival, I have noticed what many other people surely noticed, a hand written carton that said

Visa 20$ +100 baht or 200 baht

Visa 800 baht or 900 baht if you don't have dollars. Or something like that.

The official cost of the visa is 20$. You don't get a receipt for the rest

Same with Laos on arrival. If you have 35$ cash, great. If you don't, it's 1,500 baht. You don't get a receipt for 1,500 baht do you? You get one for 35$

Similarly, in the past (I am not aware of what they are doing today), they were pocketing 200 baht there at Suvarnabhumi if I remember correctly. Maybe I used the term tea money incorrectly. It's pocketed money with the price in front of you.

Tea money is what they asked me one time after paying my Cambodian visa in Poipet, the officer comes back with the sticker already applied and he goes: Give me 500 baht.

I looked at him for about 5 seconds, I was like: No, thank you. He smiled and he gave me the passport back.

The only way to end this madness is for immediate reciprocation from western nations to make the sons and daughters of the Thai elite start visa running - with clear doubts over their re-entry being cast. Once these little darlings have been forced to leave their luxury dwellings to flit off to Calais or other migrant infested hellholes with no real idea when or if they will be allowed to return, there will be an awakening.

So funny, Then I guess Thailand in reciprocation of that should stop all visa exempt entries and make it harder to get a simple tourist visa, same as the West does.

Make us submit an application then wait 2-3 months to get an appointment to be advised if you will or will not get a visa but they still keep the $100 you paid for the visa application if you get a visa or not.

Some of you guys are so funny and dont realize how easy we have things. WE can simply decide today to go to Thailand and get on a plane. A Thai has to plan months in advance and jump through major hoops and prove they will return to Thailand. First time I took my wife to the USA with me it took several months to get her a visa.

The other day they were saying that the bomber bribed immigration officials to get in to the country.

Why would stopping people doing border runs stop a bomber from bribing an immigration official?

They just make any old shit up.

Look, as many other posters said, knowing what I know so far about the way things go around here it's a temporary situation.

They have lost face, they have to do something or at least pretend doing something to gain back credibility.

In my honest opinion, and I have affirmed this on another thread about the proposed 6 month multiple entry tourist visa, the money making machine is just generating way too much money for them to let it go.

In fact, all this crackdown is doing is just putting more money into that machine, because it's making people staying for free (visa exempt) pay tourist visas.

Although until now they still closed their eyes at the visa exempt (I think you were allowed to have like 4 or 5 in a row), since August last year (so in the last 12 months) the following happened.

What you are about to find out now is confidential information coming straight from Chaengwatthana. Shhhttt!

In 2014, they had about 20,000 tourist visa extensions @ 1,900 = 38 million baht for one immigration point (albeit the major one) for one visa category (Tourist). Nevermind the ED Visa extension business line.

In 2015, although after the bombs the daily number for Tourist Visa extensions dropped to half, they got to number 20,000 of tourist visa extensions processed at the beginning of September.

So we are noticing a revenue increase there, bearing in mind people were still allowed to do a few visa exempts and not pay.

Now, in the scenario of not allowing visa exempts anymore in-out, that revenue, as well as other revenues from other types of visas (ED, elite for the ones that are sick and tired of doing the tourist game etc) will dramatically increase from a percentage point of view.

OK. So the news is they are refusing those that immediately re-enter Thailand. So how long must one wait before they consider it Not immediate and let you re-enter Thailand? One day? One week?

It's all relative it will probably be a certain number of days within a certain period of time when things get more clear now everybody is confused including the immigration officers themselves I think.

Probably 1 day not to count as In-Out, probably a maximum number of them in a certain timeframe or a maximum duration when you add them up:

Eg: No more than 5 chops, or no more than 90 days in....(1 year?) maybe.

This is only speculation, they are yet to decide. It will be messy for a few more weeks I reckon.

In the meantime it's really trial and error (or success) based on what various people are trying as we speak at different borders around Thailand and then they post their experience on TV :)

Those usually dead eyes of George Soros must be flickering - as more brilliant schemes to slow down the economy are hatched almost on a daily basis.

Maybe it will be time soon, to short the Baht again and pick up some lovely assets for pennies on the dollar.

The punishment and cure for economic incompetence awaits.

Just a few more crackdowns...

OK. So the news is they are refusing those that immediately re-enter Thailand. So how long must one wait before they consider it Not immediate and let you re-enter Thailand? One day? One week?

It's all relative it will probably be a certain number of days within a certain period of time when things get more clear now everybody is confused including the immigration officers themselves I think.

Probably 1 day not to count as In-Out, probably a maximum number of them in a certain timeframe or a maximum duration when you add them up:

Eg: No more than 5 chops, or no more than 90 days in....(1 year?) maybe.

This is only speculation, they are yet to decide. It will be messy for a few more weeks I reckon.

In the meantime it's really trial and error (or success) based on what various people are trying as we speak at different borders around Thailand and then they post their experience on TV :)

The simple solution is to cap the number of days per year one can spend in Thailand unless your married, working or retired, or a legimate student say 180 days per year, upto 180 days do what you like come and go as you please,

hit 180 days by by Thailand till 180 days out of country has elapsed

The only way to end this madness is for immediate reciprocation from western nations to make the sons and daughters of the Thai elite start visa running - with clear doubts over their re-entry being cast. Once these little darlings have been forced to leave their luxury dwellings to flit off to Calais or other migrant infested hellholes with no real idea when or if they will be allowed to return, there will be an awakening.

So funny, Then I guess Thailand in reciprocation of that should stop all visa exempt entries and make it harder to get a simple tourist visa, same as the West does.

Make us submit an application then wait 2-3 months to get an appointment to be advised if you will or will not get a visa but they still keep the $100 you paid for the visa application if you get a visa or not.

Some of you guys are so funny and dont realize how easy we have things. WE can simply decide today to go to Thailand and get on a plane. A Thai has to plan months in advance and jump through major hoops and prove they will return to Thailand. First time I took my wife to the USA with me it took several months to get her a visa.

Totally true, developed countries have implemented more restrictive immigration systems and tough screening for the travelers.

It's absolutely true also that what you're doing in Thailand (long term tourism because you love the country so much) you cannot do in Europe, US, Australia.

However, you can do long term tourism at less hassle and less cost in Cambodia, Phillippines, etc, as some people are starting to notice.

So there are two types of posters: some that compare Thailand to the West: "Oh, look at the immigration rules in the US, why should Thailand be any different.

And others that say: "Why is Thailand doing these crackdowns when Cambodia or Phillipines treat their guests nicer?"

The first ones have a similar way of thinking to: "Central Bangkok 300,000 baht per square meter is veeeery cheappp. Look at Singapore or New York or Hong Kong."

Excuse me, but if I wanted to pay New York prices I'd go to New York. Bangkok is not New York.

And Thailand is not Schengen.

How does that make any kind of sense?

1.It's not the case that children of wealthy Thais stay overseas without proper documentation and visas.Why should Thai young people be penalised for the mistakes and omissions of usually middle aged foreigners?

2.The Thai Immigration system is a liberal one, far more so than most Western countries.

3.The visa run system is and always was a breach of the spirit of Thai immigration rules.

4.The fact that non qualified foreigners can remain "resident" through visa running is symptomatic of the Thai system's flexibility and generosity.

5.It was always a risk that the authorities would clamp down on visa runners in the event of a major security crisis.

6.I hope that there will be a relaxation but it cannot be guaranteed nor can it be guaranteed that after any relaxation there will not be another clamp down in the future.

7.It is a relatively simple matter for qualified foreigners to obtain proper documentation.The cost is not excessive.

8.The reality is that many thousands fail to understand Thailand is not a suitable retirement destination for those who aren't reasonably well off.

9.The tolerance of the Thai authorities - even now - as regards visa running should be seen as a privilege not as a right.

1. The bombers are as foreign to those affected by this crackdown as Thais, and that's if they have the right people. Besides, it was a corrupt immigration official that let them in, not backpackers trying to extend their holidays by teaching English.

2. This is a subjective assertion and incompatible with Thai exceptionalism.

3. This point is not compatible with #2, since in Western countries the letter of the law must be followed, not spirit. Pick one, not both.

4. This is again a subjective assertion about Thais being nice. Most see the system as dysfunctional and primarily intended to cause hardship.

5. That risk existed because the system is neither flexible nor generous but rather arbitrary and capricious.

6. You sure had me fooled. I was sure you were grinning smugly from your balcony in Sukumvidt while getting foot rubs with your Thai-Chinese wife.

7. It is not the cost, but rather the insane requirements, prohibited vocations and uncooperative sponsoring businesses. And for some, it is the cost. See #8.

8. Only because the only suitable visa for a young retiree directly costs several multiples of how much one could expect to live on very comfortably otherwise. Most other countries, such as the US have six month per entry, 10 year tourist visas for 1/100 of the price. That may or may not be relevant depending on what you've decided about #2.

9. Again, you make subjective assertions about Thais being nice. This is not a point, but a statement similar to "I like it here."

I am soo worried!!! I only have 1,000 baht to my name for the next 7 months!!!!

please Thailand, let me stay!!!! OK, i might get hurt or something, but I will spend this 1,000 baht!!!

Thailand needs the big crackdown.......500,000 in bank account, or no visa at all!!!!

i am sure 2% spend as much as 60% of those vegan backpackers!!!!

Go back home you freeloaders!!!!!!

coffee1.gif

so, why are people getting refused at the borders who are simply 'activating' the 2nd part of their 60 days tourist visa ?????

They are not - they have a valid visa.

Some countries passport holders are being refused re-entry at land borders even with

valid Tourist visas.

I saw this first hand with 2 Isreali nationals who wanted to activate their second entry on

on their Tourist visa.

It was at the Thai Cambodian border Ban Packard (Pong Nam Ron)

They were told they could leave but not re-enter.

Wrong continent.

The Hotel California is in Baja.

Also, if you plant ice, you harvest wind.

please Thailand, let me stay!!!! OK, i might get hurt or something, but I will spend this 1,000 baht!!!

Thailand needs the big crackdown.......500,000 in bank account, or no visa at all!!!!

coffee1.gif

I've just made a quick phone call to a friend of mine very high up. He is Thai. This is what he replied to your message he told me I have his permission to post.

"I totally agree with what you are saying puukao. To be honest with you, these foreigners seem to be forgetting they are guests in our country so we should periodically remind them who's the boss and that we are doing them a favor when we are asking them for half a million baht to get "hassle free" air breathing in Thailand. Because all we want ideally is loaded ATM machines that spend as much money in our country as they possibly can in the shortest period of time. But we know those whales only represent 2% of any country, so we should not ignore the rest of 98%. We get one dollar from each, that's a million dollars still for a million people no? Better let them stay, we will find ways to make money off them, we will be more innovative than the West and invent things that no other country has heard of: "reentry permit" = pay money to get permission to come back." and other variations such as "buy 30 days for 1,900 baht" (55 dollars - not really cheap if you take into account the duration and compare it even to western countries). Why are they unhappy and moaning all the time? Isn't this what they want? Are we not giving them what they want?"

#Update #3 This story was updated at 11.45pm on Sept 15, 2015: As of 8.00pm this evening Thailand-Cambodia border crossings at Ban Laem/ Daun Lem, Ban Pakard/ Phsa Prum, and Aranyaprathet/ Poipet were refusing to allow out-in or exit-entrance (border hop) visa exempt entries. Tourists able to show a valid travel itinerary, etc., are being allowed entry using the visa exempt method. People with a valid visa are being admitted. People with a valid multiple entry visa are being permitted to exit and reenter.

The Thailand-Myanmar border crossing at Phu Nam Ron/ Htee Khee is not admitting any people, including those with valid Thailand visas.

Police Lieutenant-General Sakda Choenpakdee is scheduled to visit Thailand-Cambodia border crossing tomorrow, September 16, 2015

Source: Bomber Blame Game Sees Thailand Immigration Abruptly Change Visa Rules (Update #3)

Oh, and don't forget the cattle call line in front of the US embassy regardless of weather conditions.

I remember the first time I had to go to the US embassy for anything and when I got there I saw 50 or so Thais waiting in line. It was hot as hell outside and I was getting ready to say "Screw this!" when a security guy came up to me and asked, "American?" I said, "Yes" and he escorted me right inside. Apparently, the line outside is for Thais wanting to apply for visas or take care of any other embassy business. Americans can go right in.

Can you imagine if Thais acted like we do? "They make us wait in the hot sun for hours just to come visit their country and give them our vacation dollars?" "Don't they want to help their economies by letting me go there and visit Disneyland?"

LOL

Oh, and don't forget the cattle call line in front of the US embassy regardless of weather conditions.

I remember the first time I had to go to the US embassy for anything and when I got there I saw 50 or so Thais waiting in line. It was hot as hell outside and I was getting ready to say "Screw this!" when a security guy came up to me and asked, "American?" I said, "Yes" and he escorted me right inside. Apparently, the line outside is for Thais wanting to apply for visas or take care of any other embassy business. Americans can go right in.

Can you imagine if Thais acted like we do? "They make us wait in the hot sun for hours just to come visit their country and give them our vacation dollars?" "Don't they want to help their economies by letting me go there and visit Disneyland?"

LOL

Mmmm....at some embassies they kind of do. Let us wait in the sun. Yes it's very hot indeed in Laos Vientiane at 8 am. Unlike the US embassy that had 50 Thai in a queue, the Embasssy in Vientiane Laos regularly has 300 foreigners queuing up.

So yes, sometimes we also wait in the sun for the privilege to stay in this country. Other times we take buses trains or planes to go to places that were not necessarily intending to go for a chop chop. So on one hand we are being told that by doing a visa run we are abusing the system and the Thai spirit, on the other hand we are offered, in true Thai spirit, to pay 15,000 dollars and have these problems go away. For 5 years.

As Budright was saying, the system is intended to cause hardship. Eventually, it will crack some. They will go the Elite way. But until then, many will probably become "local business owners", another area that has potential to flourish in Thailand over the next few years, shell companies and work permits attached.

LOL

Mmmm....at some embassies they kind of do. Let us wait in the sun. Yes it's very hot indeed in Laos Vientiane at 8 am. Unlike the US embassy that had 50 Thai in a queue, the Embasssy in Vientiane Laos regularly has 300 foreigners queuing up.

So yes, sometimes we also wait in the sun for the privilege to stay in this country. Other times we take buses trains or planes to go to places that were not necessarily intending to go for a chop chop. So on one hand we are being told that by doing a visa run we are abusing the system and the Thai spirit, on the other hand we are offered, in true Thai spirit, to pay 15,000 dollars and have these problems go away. For 5 years.

As Budright was saying, the system is intended to cause hardship. Eventually, it will crack some. They will go the Elite way. But until then, many will probably become "local business owners", another area that has potential to flourish in Thailand over the next few years, shell companies and work permits attached.

I love that you say the system is intended to cause hardship (or quote Budright in saying it). Yes, breaking the law is intended to cause hardship. That's how laws work!

I love that you say the system is intended to cause hardship (or quote Budright in saying it). Yes, breaking the law is intended to cause hardship. That's how laws work!

Let me correct you right there and state that we are not talking about breaking any law here. Taking advantage of certain loopholes in the law is not breaking the law.

What's funnier is that these loopholes were left there on purpose to generate money by them.

They could have closed these loopholes anytime they wanted but they didn't. What should one understand from this? That they generate money right?

Don't worry, the system is intended to cause hardship not only for people using tourist visas, many business owners over here on ThaiVisa will confirm to you the costs, hassle and technicalities of opening and running a business. Then residency or citizenship relating things, those two being hard to get. Some retirees that want to live their last days in Thailand would maybe tell you that the retirement visa procedure and renewal has its headaches as well.

The reality is the system is not perfect, which is understandable. The less developed the country, the more corruption and more lax regulations. However, they are starting to price it higher than it's worth, in my opinion, and I think we are already starting to see the effects and the counter measures. One of them being finally the BOT woke up from dreaming and started to devalue the baht.

It remains to be seen how friendly they remain on the Immigration side of things, my feeling is they will. The country is not in the best shape at the moment economically (deflation, low consumption, lower foreign investment, lower exports etc).

And then perhaps Thailand will require all tourists from say the UK, to have visas, as the UK requires of them.

That would be reciprocation too.

That would be absolutely FINE with me. The US gives Thais who qualify a 10 year visa with 180 day stamps for $160, 5800 baht. That's exactly what I want.

So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE just go ahead and make it reciprocal, rather than changing these nonsense rules every other month.

There is a paid longterm visa available for Thailand -- it's called the Elite card.

I guess you missed my pricing info. I'm asking for reciprocity, not a complete ripoff.

coffee1.gif

I've just made a quick phone call to a friend of mine very high up. He is Thai. This is what he replied to your message he told me I have his permission to post.

"I totally agree with what you are saying puukao. To be honest with you, these foreigners seem to be forgetting they are guests in our country so we should periodically remind them who's the boss and that we are doing them a favor when we are asking them for half a million baht to get "hassle free" air breathing in Thailand. Because all we want ideally is loaded ATM machines that spend as much money in our country as they possibly can in the shortest period of time. But we know those whales only represent 2% of any country, so we should not ignore the rest of 98%. We get one dollar from each, that's a million dollars still for a million people no? Better let them stay, we will find ways to make money off them, we will be more innovative than the West and invent things that no other country has heard of: "reentry permit" = pay money to get permission to come back." and other variations such as "buy 30 days for 1,900 baht" (55 dollars - not really cheap if you take into account the duration and compare it even to western countries). Why are they unhappy and moaning all the time? Isn't this what they want? Are we not giving them what they want?"

Tell me i am wrong, but seriously, I dont believe that these words came from a Thai Official. They just dont talk like that.

Tell me i am wrong, but seriously, I dont believe that these words came from a Thai Official. They just dont talk like that.

Firstly I never said Thai official, I said someone high up so I'm just playing with words, everybody can understand what they want.

Secondly, I don't have high up friends (whatever that would mean). I was being sarcastic in response to another comment.

Yes, they probably don't talk like that. Question is: Do they think like that? Or do they talk between themselves like that? When they talk about us?

We're in the LOS here, what people think and what people tell you they think are two different things.

Looking at the pricing structure that the Immigration advertises, the one who came up with all the ideas implemented had in my opinion a "milk them" attitude, that was approved by all the apparatus.

Also, I do think it's a rather nationalist country. I do believe that there was a culture implemented about "the foreigner"

Let's start with the word "farang". If you had an Asian GF and would take her to your home country your mum would never say "Hey where did the Asian go? Shopping?". There's a whole thread on this farang word topic and the GF example is not my trademark actually (apologies to the original poster:) )

On top of that, when you analize the whole Erawan story, and the way the officials came out with the type of comments that they did, it leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.

Only a short quote:

"Pol Col W...Y.., deputy commander..MinBuri....said the raid was part of a crime suppression measures as many foreigners rent apartments and houses in the area"

So we raid the place. Minburi (lol) because we know that foreigners rent there (lol) so we need to suppress crime.

Official statement. From an official.

And next day we are wondering why local people look at us in a stranger way and they don't smile as much as they did yesterday.

I find the whole thing rather unpleasant, to be nice with the wording.

coffee1.gif

Excuse me Puukao !!

I hate to point this out, but Not all vegetarians or Vegans are the poor bunch.

take a look around khao sarn road and see that the CHEAPEST tourists are meat-eating travelers, together with hippie-style travellers, and also the budget japanese travellers (in Soi Rambutree and Soi Tanao).

Now take a look at some of the Vegan and Veggie restaurants in Bangkok:

Did you ever go to the Metropolitan Hotel in Sathorn and check out their restaurant: "Nahm". its an upscale Vegan restaurant.

and what do you see there? wealthy Vegetarian and Vegan people.

look at Rasayana Vegan restaurant in Bangkok, and what do you see? Vegan and Vegetarian Business people in their nice cars.

i have been Vegetarian for 20+ years already, and not only very healthy and fit, but also not poor !

sorry,, your comment on Poor Vegans pushed me to stick up for these people that actually go out of their way to remove themselves from killing and eating animals.

when someone says they dont eat animals to a Thai person, they get massive respect because its a very commendable thing to do. But when someone tells a White Westerner that they dont eat animals, they are usually shunned.

I have quite a few Homeless Foreigners in thailand, (usually around Sukhumvit), and they are meat-eating alcoholic people. Definitely not vegetarian or vegan.

I would say that teh absolute worst foreigners here would NOT be the vegetarians or vegans (as they often have a caring attitude).

also, many vegans dont drink, so you wont find them at cowboy or bars or clubs.

its the cowboy, pattaya, bar, club foreigners that the middle class thai people hate.

recently I have been helping out someone for their Dental Treatment.. he is from America. and he eats meat. he is almost broke.

i have been travelling around for 20+ years. I have no fixed job. I work for myself online and I bring in enough money to travel, holiday, have a lovely condo, a good life and eat wherever I want (as often as I want).

the point being: dont label vegans as poor. Lol

they will most likely live longer than you. so you maybe you can learn from them, instead of putting them down.

(ok, admittedly, not all of them are healthy... some of them opt for the junk vegan lifestyle which makes them no healthier than a meat-eater).

anyway. I had to stand up for vegans after reading your comment wink.png

#Update #3 This story was updated at 11.45pm on Sept 15, 2015: As of 8.00pm this evening Thailand-Cambodia border crossings at Ban Laem/ Daun Lem, Ban Pakard/ Phsa Prum, and Aranyaprathet/ Poipet were refusing to allow out-in or exit-entrance (border hop) visa exempt entries. Tourists able to show a valid travel itinerary, etc., are being allowed entry using the visa exempt method. People with a valid visa are being admitted. People with a valid multiple entry visa are being permitted to exit and reenter.

The Thailand-Myanmar border crossing at Phu Nam Ron/ Htee Khee is not admitting any people, including those with valid Thailand visas.

Police Lieutenant-General Sakda Choenpakdee is scheduled to visit Thailand-Cambodia border crossing tomorrow, September 16, 2015

Source: Bomber Blame Game Sees Thailand Immigration Abruptly Change Visa Rules (Update #3)

What does "tourists being able to show a valid travel itinerary" mean? If I am a tourist that originally entered with the visa exempt 30 day, and am now making one border run to exit and enter, will they give me another 30 day exemption? I have a travel itinerary, outbound ticket, etc. I think that is the intent. I would not be a long term in country resident, not working or anything like that. I would be just doing the 30 day exempts for convenience.

Firstly I never said Thai official, I said someone high up so I'm just playing with words, everybody can understand what they want.

Secondly, I don't have high up friends (whatever that would mean). I was being sarcastic in response to another comment.

Yes, they probably don't talk like that. Question is: Do they think like that? Or do they talk between themselves like that? When they talk about us?

We're in the LOS here, what people think and what people tell you they think are two different things.

Looking at the pricing structure that the Immigration advertises, the one who came up with all the ideas implemented had in my opinion a "milk them" attitude, that was approved by all the apparatus.

Also, I do think it's a rather nationalist country. I do believe that there was a culture implemented about "the foreigner"

Let's start with the word "farang". If you had an Asian GF and would take her to your home country your mum would never say "Hey where did the Asian go? Shopping?". There's a whole thread on this farang word topic and the GF example is not my trademark actually (apologies to the original poster:) )

On top of that, when you analize the whole Erawan story, and the way the officials came out with the type of comments that they did, it leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.

Only a short quote:

"Pol Col W...Y.., deputy commander..MinBuri....said the raid was part of a crime suppression measures as many foreigners rent apartments and houses in the area"

So we raid the place. Minburi (lol) because we know that foreigners rent there (lol) so we need to suppress crime.

Official statement. From an official.

And people are wondering why I'm pi##ed off.

Seems you are are intending to leave Thailand very soon?

If not why not ?

I would not live in a place that p***** me off.......................

and what is a" visa runner"? there is no visa runner in my passport.!!! where is the legal definition of a visa runner in the Thai law?

could we stop to use this farang slang that means absolutely nothing at the end.?

what is a border run? run to border? , and what about a border walk?or a border swim through the meakong?

coffee1.gif

Are u saying u should have 500,000b in your bank before u can have a 60 day visa

Yeah that's going to help Thailand tourist instury

And I sure a lot of Thai business rely on backpackers would u like 2 see them go under

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Archived