BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

New Zealand father and son arrested at Phuket Airport over Patong restaurant bill

Nothing "retroactive" about it. The arrest warrant was issued in 2013 after they (allegedly) skipped on their bill. They returned in 2015 and were caught. No different than if a warrant was issued today but the suspect isn't caught until 2+ years later.

Unless you are trying to suggest that walking out on a restaurant bill isn't a scam but being arrested and held accountable for doing so is ?

Must have been a fairly substantial bill for the restaurant to file a complaint and an arrest warrant to be issued.

Accordind to NZ news reports 2 days ago the bill was 1500 BHT and has ben paid with the restuarant owners not wanting to press charges.

Nothing "retroactive" about it. The arrest warrant was issued in 2013 after they (allegedly) skipped on their bill. They returned in 2015 and were caught. No different than if a warrant was issued today but the suspect isn't caught until 2+ years later.

Unless you are trying to suggest that walking out on a restaurant bill isn't a scam but being arrested and held accountable for doing so is ?

Must have been a fairly substantial bill for the restaurant to file a complaint and an arrest warrant to be issued.

You are so wrong. This is Thailand where money buys these kind of things. Seriously, how about the guy who got blacklisted when he went toe to toe with a student who stole his writings and was blacklisted. The "student" had legal charges against himself and still managed to pay off an immigration official to blacklist the professor.

No way in hell does a person rack up a 15000 baht restaurant bill in Thailand unless hes at the top of the Conrad Hilton in BKK, it just isnt possible. And to blacklist a person for an "ALLEGED" crime, not substantiated is typical of the crazy tactics used in the country. Great example of the madness is the KT trial going on right now where the police are using DNA that does not match to try and convict innocent people.

You need to think about the whole picture before you spout off with your comments. They are incorrect.

Were you at the restaurant, have you seen they bill, do you actually know the persons involved, do you know anything about it other than reading the thread?

If the answer to the above is no, then your comment is incorrect as like most people on this thread, you also simply have no idea either.

Soooooo smart guy, have you seen any of it? If not then like you say "you simply have no idea either". Lol

No I haven't seen any of it at all. I agree that I have no idea but then again I never said that I did nor did and neither did I post that I did.

Now will YOU answer my question instead of changing the subject?

" Were you at the restaurant, have you seen they bill, do you actually know the persons involved, do you know anything about it other than reading the thread?

If the answer to the above is no, then your comment is incorrect as like most people on this thread, you also simply have no idea either."

Ok ill answer your question....nope wasnt there so, as I said before that makes both of our comments incorrect according to your illogic anyways

Accordind to NZ news reports 2 days ago the bill was 1500 BHT and has ben paid with the restuarant owners not wanting to press charges.

I can believe 1500. For sure wasnt 15000

If they were staying at the resort and the restaurant is part of it, they would normally ask to have it put on their bill, to be paid at their leaving. I stay at a large hotel in B'kok and I put everything on the bill to be paid at the end and that includes the resto. I read many of the reviews and many of them complained of (amongst other things) the complete incompetence of the Reception staff. Maybe it wasn't on their bill and the men didn't realise, or maybe they did but decided to profit by it.

maybe a complaint to the Military will derail the owners of the establishment ... they don't seem to mind busting a few heads

i wonder did the hotel keep the signed for receipts.

What are the "signed for receipts" you reference?

When is the reenactment, and where were the local Burmese migrant workers when this meal occurred? These are the questions burning in my mind.