Disabled German man left stranded in Thailand after being robbed by ladyboy

webfact

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just get one or two replacement credit cards sent over,then buy ticket,fly home

should be to hard

no sympathy

I don't know if that is so easy, depends on the post i suppose. I ordered a new ATM card from my bank in Germany, after 4 weeks and no card i E-mailed them to send another, another 4 weeks and still no card, i started to doubt whether they had sent one and started an E- mail argument with the bank clerk,he agreed to send me another one, one last time, 4 weeks went by and lo and behold the post delivered me 3 ATM cards on one day all with the 4 week interval dates where they had kept the other two so long i have no idea.

German bank sold me an ATM card that never worked, and then ran amuck when I complained.

Some bank never makes a mistake, some bank is the mistake.

The Yerman had 14,000 Euro's? How long was he going to vacation in Thailand? Staying in a Guest House I suspect he was going to become on of those "in-out," sort of fellows?

Wots a Yerman??? Is he from Yemen?

A pun on the Thai way of pronouncing 'German' as 'Yereman'.

Haha yes just realised after I posted.

Yes, he did a lot of foolish things, including not having a purchased return flight home and probably no travel insurance. On the other hand, this is a disabled gentleman who was assaulted by a ladyboy. I would hope that the CM police are quite harsh with the ladyboy taking advantage of a disabled man. However, they'll probably just take their share of the loot and turn this ladyboy back onto the street to assault another helpless victim.

B100 fine will be 'hard' on the lady boy.gigglem.gif

To everyone who has no sympathy for a wheelchair bound man getting beaten and robbed, i hope if you are ever at the receiving end people will not be so harsh as you!

It is his own fault he was robbed. Why would you have sympathy for some one who wears a "I'm an idiot, rob me" sign on his head?

Please explain why it was his fault he was robbed? I am sure Thai law states it is illegal, hence wrong.

If you think it's because he took a "working" man / lady back to his room, does that mean you would think it would be ok to be robbed by them? If so many many people are asking to be robbed.

To everyone who has no sympathy for a wheelchair bound man getting beaten and robbed, i hope if you are ever at the receiving end people will not be so harsh as you!

Crazy me....I thought it was an ALLEGATION of being beaten and robbed.

There has been a partial admission for no where near the same amount of money.

It's not like the police have the ladyboy behind a desk with a name plate and them all smiling behind for the group photo. No condemnation from the police at all, no suggest of drugs, no mention of hospital treatment, spending frenzy etc, they continue to examine.

He is an idiot and perhaps less than generous with the truth...go figure

If you want sympathy relative to his situation you will only find it (aptly it seems) between "shit" and "syphilis" in the dictionary

Ok, he was only partially beaten and robbed, that's ok then, nothing to worry about!

I just love the sympathy oozing from the very pores of many of the persons commenting on this unfortunate story. How judgmental and worldly wise you all are. Firstly, who are you to question his sexual tastes, maybe he didn't realise the accused was a ladyboy and if he did, so what, each to their own. In truth, whilst the victim here was naive, maybe he didn't know any better. Yes he should have taken better care of his valuables, yes he should have used the guesthouse safe, but he didn't and I bet he wishes he had now. However, does that entitle you to pour scorn and vitriol down upon him? How about some basic human compassion? No, that would be too much to expect from you ever so hardened and experienced Thai experts. I bet none of you have ever been 'ripped' off in any way? No, really? Or is the cause of your scorn the fact that you see your own stupidity mirrored in the unfortunate man.

Personally, I hope he gets over his experience, learns his lessons and next time takes a little more care and I extent my sympathies and best wishes to him.

14000 euros and he's staying in a cheap guest house? I think he's got something mentally wrong along with his physical disability. He did a lot of things that most people know better than to do. All it takes is common sense and do a little research on minimizing risks in your particular circumstances. It's easy to find out what not to do in Thailand. If I take a girl home my pepper spray is within easy reach. I never keep more than $300/10000 baht on hand, and my wallet is never exposed to pickpocketing or any other way. Maybe he's got a good income or a nest egg, I would think someone could western union him some money. On top of it all now the whole world knows he likes ladyboys

Stupid is as stupid does. ......A few times when I have been in a situation with a little to much cash on hand. I seperate the big wad and stash it in a place where nobody would think to look.........

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Is there anything more stupid than that phrase, or the people who quote it ad infinitum?

Archived