No more Out/In stamps on Thai-Cambo border - for anyone

Jonathan Fairfield

A real disaster for tourism.
The international press will write:
Granted Visas for Thailand are worthless.

That is very very stupid.

No there not, you just cant use those border posts thats all,

hardly a disaster for tourism as most toursits fly in have their holiday and fly back out
Also the tourist with multi entry or double tourist visas?
Many do a visit by land trip (car, bus, train, motorbike, walking, bicycle) to neighbouring countries.

We obviously have differing opinions as to what a disaster is

For genuine tourists it can be quite bad especially if they planned on hopping borders but I doubt many do a out in run... most will go into an other country for a while and then out not out / in like what is said here.

Exactly

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You pay for a tourist visa with multiple entries and it will be worthless?

You will get your money back then?

That runs clearly out of hand here.

Why useless?

Your 2-entry Tourist visa still allows you to enter 2 times, nothing changed.

They just want that you stay at least a few days (?) abroad between 2 stays.

Some kind of logical: it's for 2 stays of 60 days, not for 1 of 120 days

Why useless?

They just want that you stay at least 1 day abroad between 2 stays.

Is there an official publication?

That would make it a lot clearer.

One day, one week no problem, good to know in advance.

Why useless?

And you have gotten confirmation from immigration on this. I highly doubt it.

Great news - get rid of the riff raff whoremongers and unqualified English teachers and both.

A charming post.

The grammar is nearly right, very well done.

Why are the whoremongers riff raff ??

All of the ones I know are successful and have money, otherwise they couldn't, really, could they ?

It requires spare dosh and a forgiving wife, if married.

Interesting comment about teachers, don't all positions require some sort of certification these days ?

I thought the objective was to prevent terrorism, not punish those who contribute fiscally and physically to Thailand.

Why useless?

Is there an official publication?

That would make it a lot clearer.

One day, one week no problem, good to know in advance.

why not one half hour in this case ? in/out means well this too....

Maybe "a few" if not only "one", but the idea is that 2-entry Tourist Visa and Visa Exemption entry have never been intended to use for continuous stay. You are supposed to *travel* in another country before coming back.

Maybe "a few" if not only "one", but the idea is that 2-entry Tourist Visa and Visa Exemption entry have never been intended to use for continuous stay. You are supposed to *travel* in another country before coming back.

I recently saw in Suvanabum Airport a sign with a re-entry lane.

Is there the possibility without having to fly, simply emigrate, and then enter again?

Why useless?

i doubt it too

and as usual ,it will be differnt at every point of entry depending on the guard enforcing it

immigration are deliberately vague about whats tolerated and what will not be i think in order to

prevent people gaming the system

if i fly to singapore and fly back 2 hours later can i get my extension ?

or if i fly on the 16th before midnight and fly back on the 17th morning

is that enough for a extension ?

Is there the possibility without having to fly, simply emigrate, and then enter again?

No as far as I know that is not possible. Otherwise tons of people would have used it.

you mean turn around in the departure lounge and head for arrivals instead lol ?

somehow i doubt it .........:)

maybe fake a heart attack after being stamped out ,then you might get taken to a bkk hospital ? :D

No as far as I know that is not possible. Otherwise tons of people would have used it.

And how do you propose to get airside without a ticket ?

Its not possible without a ticket lest not forget they check your boarding card at least twice before hitting immigration

you mean turn around in the departure lounge and head for arrivals instead lol ?

somehow i doubt it .........smile.png

maybe fake a heart attack after being stamped out ,then you might get taken to a bkk hospital ? biggrin.png

Guess that would be too easy.

But I'm not complaining.

I enjoyed my flights to the Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.

Always have a lot of money spent there.

In Thailand I had to save then. biggrin.png

Do you mean buy a ticket and just turn around and go thru immigration,I have no idea,expat panel,what ya think??? Great Idea if it worked,but on occasion I've been asked for boarding stub

hardly a disaster for tourism as most toursits fly in have their holiday and fly back out

Many do a visit by land trip (car, bus, train, motorbike, walking, bicycle) to neighbouring countries.

Come on. the amount of legitimate tourists travelling over the border on bikes will not be a "disaster" to tourism. Its a disaster for poor farangs working illegally or living here without the correct visa.

okay , i want to follow the rules and the law : i'll get a tourist visa double entry , i plan to cross the border at o'smach and re entry thailand immediatly after (what i have done last year without any difficulties).

what will happen to me if they ll refuse my re entry next time ? my flight ticket (come back to europe) 2 months later... have my gf in thailand but she wont be able to help me in this case...

am i obligated to stay in cambodia 2 months alone ? and/or buy a new flight ticket (return to europe) from cambodia ?

i read : "even if you are in possession of a valid visa." : is this not CRAZY ?

scaring anyway, scary enough for big hesitation before coming back to thailand

There's going to be a few nervous TEFLer's about. :D

Remember the big tizzy 6 months ago about overstays - get caught an get blacklisted for 10 years. Is that still in effect?

It was never put into place but you never know recent events may reignite that one ;)

okay , i want to follow the rules and the law : i'll get a tourist visa double entry , i plan to cross the border at o'smach and re entry thailand immediatly after (what i have done last year without any difficulties).

what will happen to me if they ll refuse my re entry next time ? my flight ticket (come back to europe) 2 months later... have my gf in thailand but she wont be able to help me in this case...

am i obligated to stay in cambodia 2 months alone ? and/or buy a new flight ticket (return to europe) from cambodia ?

it is only on land borders ....., so you can FLY in PP>BKK and no problems there .

Come on. the amount of legitimate tourists travelling over the border on bikes will not be a "disaster" to tourism. Its a disaster for poor farangs working illegally or living here without the correct visa.

I was thinking more of the international press and the tour operators around the world, as well as to the national tour operators.

I'm almost certain that there will be a clarification tomorrow, towards harmonizing border controls and visa handling.

it is only on land borders ....., so you can FLY in PP>BKK and no problems there .

thank you... i ll spent then my money during one month in cambodia before the fly PP>BKK ... gigglem.gif I am not a billionaire (also not in baths) nor a beggar and if thailand push me to spent my money somewhere else , up to them , i will be ready for wai2.gifbiggrin.pngtongue.pnggiggle.gif

There must be lots of people with 1 year non immigrant O visas.

"O" = other = married, retired,...., NOT tourism.

Every 3 months they must do an out / in.

Now what?

They don't have to leave the country if they have the proper visa. I had the O based on marriage for years. Now I have the retirement and report once a year. Those that have to leave every 3 months shouldn't be here or accept they are tourists.

Now what?

yes, if they do not have 400,000 (married) / 800,000 (retiered) on a Thai bank account.

I hope no one here marry in panic.

Now what?

They don't have to leave the country if they have the proper visa. I had the O based on marriage for years. Now I have the retirement and report once a year. Those that have to leave every 3 months shouldn't be here or accept they are tourists.

It is a proper visa, sold by a proper Thai embassy - if I remember well, 120 euro.

This visa is explicitly NOT issued for tourism purposes. It is issued for married or retired foreigners.

Archived