No more Out/In stamps on Thai-Cambo border - for anyone

Jonathan Fairfield

There must be lots of people with 1 year non immigrant O visas.

"O" = other = married, retired,...., NOT tourism.

Every 3 months they must do an out / in.

Now what?

They don't have to leave the country if they have the proper visa. I had the O based on marriage for years. Now I have the retirement and report once a year. Those that have to leave every 3 months shouldn't be here or accept they are tourists.

I thought you have to do every 90 days a reporting?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now what?

They don't have to leave the country if they have the proper visa. I had the O based on marriage for years. Now I have the retirement and report once a year. Those that have to leave every 3 months shouldn't be here or accept they are tourists.

Those that have to leave every 3 months shouldn't be here or accept they are tourists.

So what is with this people married legaly.

They had to fly out to f.e. europe, australia, etc., must work there, to feed the thai family + extentions?

Now what?

Well lets correct this technically if you have an extension stay for marriage/retirement which is not a visa BTW one doesnt have to leave the country every 90 days - seems to be confusion between a "visa" and and extension of stay they are not the same thing

Now what?

Those that have to leave every 3 months shouldn't be here or accept they are tourists.

They had to fly out to f.e. europe, australia, etc., must work there, to feed the thai family + extentions?

Not true ...all it means is they dont qualify for the extension of stay, for example if someone who is married to a thai national and doesnt meet the finanical requirements for the extension will have to visa run evey 90 days

Now what?

Not true ...all it means is they dont qualify for the extension of stay, for example if someone who is married to a thai national and doesnt meet the finanical requirements for the extension will have to visa run evey 90 days

That i know.

So you can not fall in love with a poor farmer's daughter and hope that you can stay non stop with her in Thailand together.biggrin.png

if you have an O - Visa (married) you get it for one year, even multi entry.

If you want to stay you doing paperwork in Bangkok. (400.000 Baht in Bank).

if you get your one year stay granted , you must still report every 90 days to immigration.

if you're married, and do not work in Thailand can / want and do not choose the way for a one-year stay, you must leave the country every 90 days.

Now what?

Complete non sense on 2 accounts:

1/ Sawan Chan and others like him has to report every 3 months, not once a year

2/ The non imm O visa, a proper visa, is issued NOT FOR TOURISM but for married or retired

PS. The Thai embassy asked me for proof of income, 1.500 euro net monthly

Now what?

2/ The non imm O visa, a proper visa, is issued NOT FOR TOURISM but for married or retired

@ nidieunimaitre : retired then ?

Lots of people choose the non imm O visa because they travel yearly to their home countries.

Not because they do not have the 400.000 or 800.000 baht in a Thai bank.

Personally, I do not want to keep 800.000 baht in a Thai bank, I do not trust the euro / the European banks, but I distrust the baht / Thai banks even more.

Also, I do not want tea thirsty immigration officers visiting my house.

PS greetings from Madeira - our next trip to Thailand may not last 6 months as usual.

Now what?

@ nidieunimaitre : retired then ?

hehe retired and married - and before anybody asks, 4 years age difference, 60 and 64

Now what?

Agreed

shame that some have tunnel visions and can not understand the life style from others.

Lots of people choose the non imm O visa because they travel yearly to their home countries.

Personally, I do not want to keep 800.000 baht in a Thai bank, I do not trust the euro / the European banks, but I distrust the baht / Thai banks even more.

PS greetings from Madeira - our next trip to Thailand may not last 6 months as usual.

same for me if i had the idea to marry my thai gf..... also must say if having a health problem , better go back and take advantages of the cure/medical system of my country.... wink.png

same for me if i had the idea to marry my thai gf..... also must say if having a health problem , better go back and take advantages of the cure/medical system of my country.... wink.png

and before somebody ask me, my gf 40 , me 54... wink.pngwink.pngwink.png

yes indeed, after all, we paid taxes for that health system!

Every visit home starts with a medical check up, visit to dentist - and then there is the convenience of no problem banking, insurance etc.

Spring & summer in Europe, the dry cool season in Thailand - and the non imm O is / was perfect for that.

Is it correct that all this BS inconveniencing hundred or thousands of farang is simply a spite game between government officials because one caused the other to lose face ?.

Because there is no way this could be considered a security measure to stop bombers getting in.

Who would EVER make a firm commitment for investment or business to this country when they change the rules on a personal whim like this ?. Why are individuals allowed to make policy decisions ?.

Prayuth needs to knock some heads together and keep clear of all the sawdust which will come out.

Listen, look, it was CHINESE who were killed by that bomb. We've got to see ACTION. And does Thailand really give a ____ when a small number of other prople have a minor problem when this action takes place ? Got to put up some effort to let Beijing know that the main-land Chinese tourists are the VIPs. After all, China accounts for more and more of the foreign investment and tourism that is entering into Thailand.

Know which hand is feeding YOU.

These visas regulations are a science in itself,

what bothers me are the abrupt changes without advance warning.

For over 20 years I feel good here, but I can at many compassion.

And I think also in solutions such as Thailand could make it better and easier for many.

Now what?

Or every 150 days if they use the 60 day extension on every entry.

Reply to Chrisinth.

Yes you are right! I discovered this only recently.

We went to immigration in Chanthaburi - nice people, but they too were unaware of this.

They phoned BKK, and I got my extension.

So, 3 months stay + 2 months extension for being married (or have child), price 1.900 baht.

No need to offer tea to the Cambodians, no need to take a risk of out / in.

My schedule has changed..... from 6 months / 6 months it will now be 5 /7.

yes indeed, after all, we paid taxes for that health system!

Every visit home starts with a medical check up, visit to dentist - and then there is the convenience of no problem banking, insurance etc.

Spring & summer in Europe, the dry cool season in Thailand - and the non imm O is / was perfect for that.

I like it too. 8-9 months Thailand per Year. In between to Europe to earn money and for fun too, like Thailand 3 month, 1 month europe in spring (also with thai family on school holidays), 2 month in thailand, 1 month in europe in summer, etc. In the winter, then South East Asia tours.

My next winter trip goes to Macau.smile.png

Is it correct that all this BS inconveniencing hundred or thousands of farang is simply a spite game between government officials because one caused the other to lose face ?.

Because there is no way this could be considered a security measure to stop bombers getting in.

Who would EVER make a firm commitment for investment or business to this country when they change the rules on a personal whim like this ?. Why are individuals allowed to make policy decisions ?.

Prayuth needs to knock some heads together and keep clear of all the sawdust which will come out.

Listen, look, it was CHINESE who were killed by that bomb. We've got to see ACTION. And does Thailand really give a ____ when a small number of other prople have a minor problem when this action takes place ? Got to put up some effort to let Beijing know that the main-land Chinese tourists are the VIPs. After all, China accounts for more and more of the foreign investment and tourism that is entering into Thailand.

Know which hand is feeding YOU.

Fully agree, except:

It is not the Thai people, not Thailand that is doing all this.

It is some rich spoiled hiso that couldn't care less about regular Thai people or Thailand.

Well there is a way to kill business asap. How can they refuse if you have a valid visa? Doesn't this contravene international law?

Law? We are talking about Thailand, remember?

Well there is a way to kill business asap. How can they refuse if you have a valid visa? Doesn't this contravene international law?

As I understand here you can enter with a multi entry / double entry after one day out of Thailand again,

which has been so far not officially confirmed.

this is a border crossing not a bus service that you can turn off and on, they are seriously overstepping their authority, if someone arrives with a valid visa and everything is legal then you have no right to turn them away - do your job don't abuse your job

Time for the authorities to play hardball with these children who don't seem to want to do their jobs unless they get huge kickbacks

Decisions seem to be taken without justification or explanation, leaving everyone puzzled.

Are there any media left to ask WHY is the Cambo border suddenly shut?

Or are we definitely in a dictatorship were a deranged person can just make arbitrary decisions ?

this is a border crossing not a bus service that you can turn off and on, they are seriously overstepping their authority, if someone arrives with a valid visa and everything is legal then you have no right to turn them away - do your job don't abuse your job

Time for the authorities to play hardball with these children who don't seem to want to do their jobs unless they get huge kickbacks

A visa has never given automatic entry. everyone has always been at the mercy of the IO as he/she ultimately decides whether to grant permission to enter or not.

What a mess this country has become! How could they refuse people with valid visas at any of their borders without giving advance information about it to the tourist forking out their hard earned money for the Thai visas. I am not investing anything more here, no long term stability at all for foreigners.

Reply to Chrisinth.

Yes you are right! I discovered this only recently.

We went to immigration in Chanthaburi - nice people, but they too were unaware of this.

They phoned BKK, and I got my extension.

So, 3 months stay + 2 months extension for being married (or have child), price 1.900 baht.

No need to offer tea to the Cambodians, no need to take a risk of out / in.

My schedule has changed..... from 6 months / 6 months it will now be 5 /7.

As a matter of interest, did you have to do or were asked to do 90 day reporting when you used this method (90 + 60) at immigration? Or does the 60 day extension act as the reporting point for that entry? I know that may sound stupid on a single or multi-entry non-O visa, but you would have been in Thailand longer than 90 days.

Just curious, i am in country on an extension of stay and have never used the above.

A real disaster for tourism.

The international press will write:

Granted Visas for Thailand are worthless.

That is very very stupid.

No there not, you just cant use those border posts thats all,

hardly a disaster for tourism as most toursits fly in have their holiday and fly back out

this borders are hardly a tourist spot and the international press really don't care about that.

It is a disaster for the people working illegal here.

Archived