No more Out/In stamps on Thai-Cambo border - for anyone

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a border crossing not a bus service that you can turn off and on, they are seriously overstepping their authority, if someone arrives with a valid visa and everything is legal then you have no right to turn them away - do your job don't abuse your job

Time for the authorities to play hardball with these children who don't seem to want to do their jobs unless they get huge kickbacks

It has always been an immi officers right to not let you in,visa or no visa.

so can we say the border is officialy closed?

good for tourism, even with a valid visa, so what is the point ?

the terrorist came in illegally bribing a croocked immigration officer .... so why not a crackdown on corrupted official governemental people ?

just another nail in the coffin

Oooooh, the criminals who populate Thai Visa are in a tizzy. Their system of using the visa-free 30-day stay, pretending to be "tourists" (oh, puh-leez!!) to live (and, let's face it, work, via the internet, etc.) as ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS is OVER.

Excuse me if I don't shed any crocodile tears for you all.

I would also propose that there's a direct correlation between those bitching about losing their prime method of illegal immigration with those who bitch about illegal immigrants (or maybe all immigrants...especially the brown-skinned and Muslim ones) in their own country.

Payback's a bitch, isn't it, bitches?

post-170405-14398653985575_thumb.jpg

so can we say the border is officialy closed?

good for tourism, even with a valid visa, so what is the point ?

the terrorist came in illegally bribing a croocked immigration officer .... so why not a crackdown on corrupted official governemental people ?

just another nail in the coffin

Must be a bloody big coffin and lots of nails then ....been hearing "another nail" rubbish from farangs for the last 15 years, given all the nails Thailand must have cornered the world market on steel and coffin nail production

why are they choosing to make no changes to crossing the borders with Laos and Malaysia ?

Because so many people are pouring into Thailand from Laos and spending money at Central Plaza where they also get VIP parking on level 2 called Ladies Parking... It is far from that. The owners of Central Plaza would be very upset if they lose their VIP's from Laos. They cant stop Westerners but allow everyone else or can they? More attacks on tourism to follow?

this is a border crossing not a bus service that you can turn off and on, they are seriously overstepping their authority, if someone arrives with a valid visa and everything is legal then you have no right to turn them away - do your job don't abuse your job

Time for the authorities to play hardball with these children who don't seem to want to do their jobs unless they get huge kickbacks

This is true but then they are breaching the contract of sale of that visa and will need to make a full refund of the charges for it. When you apply for the Multi Entry O type visa it states re-entry via any other country and that includes Cambodia. I am going to apply for a new O type soon in London so I will ask them about this.

why are they choosing to make no changes to crossing the borders with Laos and Malaysia ?

The Cambodian border is where one of the bombers paid a $600 bribe to enter the country. The Cambodians claim that they arrested him and turned him over to the Thai authorities BUT Thai authorities claim they arrested him at the border. You choose who to believe.

Is it correct that all this BS inconveniencing hundred or thousands of farang is simply a spite game between government officials because one caused the other to lose face ?.

Because there is no way this could be considered a security measure to stop bombers getting in.

Who would EVER make a firm commitment for investment or business to this country when they change the rules on a personal whim like this ?. Why are individuals allowed to make policy decisions ?.

Prayuth needs to knock some heads together and keep clear of all the sawdust which will come out.

Ohh a junta lover FINALLY wakes up? well at least that's good news! welcome to the sane and informed!

He needs to do it quick as he goes to the big apple September 23. http://www.asianewsnet.net/Thai-PM-off-to-the-UN-so-world-knows-him-better-80654.html

He is in no hurry. He will let things stew/brew for a while. He is more than likely spending all his time at his tailors getting his new suits made up in rainbow colors for his big debut at the UN. He must after all make a big splash otherwise no one will notice him. He will have the biggest name tag there. I am sure a lot of diplomats will want to have an up close look at him and selfies as well. He will be a standout that is for sure.

I never understand why non-Thai who wish to live/work in Thailand follows the rule. In/Out border runs are just rediculous. Go somewhere else people, We do not want those who break the law (even the definition for 'breaking the law' is in the gray zone).

We are not welcome those phedophile who pray on valunerable Thai and those who can not get it up with their own kind, had to come to Thailand to get a blow job, very pity indeed. I have no sympathy for those who are robbed by lady boys or some prostitutes on the street. Living or retiring in Thailand is not that cheap (if you want to have the same standrad of living as in your own country) so stay home and just visiting Thailand, 30 days max.

wait...people who do out/ins are pedophiles now? thanks for the alert! let's meet up somewhere and chase down people in the street we think may be pedophiles, too.

Don't worry, it's obviously all right to come here for all the reasons which concern our prurient little "dogrun" as long as you limit your excesses to 30 days worth!

John: 11:35

Is it correct that all this BS inconveniencing hundred or thousands of farang is simply a spite game between government officials because one caused the other to lose face ?.

Because there is no way this could be considered a security measure to stop bombers getting in.

Who would EVER make a firm commitment for investment or business to this country when they change the rules on a personal whim like this ?. Why are individuals allowed to make policy decisions ?.

Prayuth needs to knock some heads together and keep clear of all the sawdust which will come out.

Ohh a junta lover FINALLY wakes up? well at least that's good news! welcome to the sane and informed!

Sane and informed - from the man who thinks Yingluck was a wonderful PM. clap2.gifclap2.gif

This is true but then they are breaching the contract of sale of that visa and will need to make a full refund of the charges for it. When you apply for the Multi Entry O type visa it states re-entry via any other country and that includes Cambodia. I am going to apply for a new O type soon in London so I will ask them about this.

I really wouldn't do that if I were you lest they think you are being a smartass and refuse to issue the visa...

Great news - get rid of the riff raff whoremongers and unqualified English teachers and both.

A charming post.

The grammar is nearly right, very well done.

Why are the whoremongers riff raff ??

All of the ones I know are successful and have money, otherwise they couldn't, really, could they ?

It requires spare dosh and a forgiving wife, if married.

Interesting comment about teachers, don't all positions require some sort of certification these days ?

I thought the objective was to prevent terrorism, not punish those who contribute fiscally and physically to Thailand.

Bible thumpers are allowed freedom of speech as well. Sodom and Gommorah could well be upon us. I was thinking of following Noahs plan and build an ark but much more rain is needed for that work. This BT could have money as well as he does not lie down with women of ill repute or partake of the devils elixirs. When looking at the world maybe we are in the last days. If we are sadly according to Revelations I could be one of the many that do not ascend into the skies. I sure hope I got my grammar right.

A real disaster for tourism.

The international press will write:

Granted Visas for Thailand are worthless.

That is very very stupid.

No there not, you just cant use those border posts thats all,

hardly a disaster for tourism as most toursits fly in have their holiday and fly back out

Also the tourist with multi entry or double tourist visas?

Many do a visit by land trip (car, bus, train, motorbike, walking, bicycle) to neighbouring countries.

We obviously have differing opinions as to what a disaster is

Would being married 3 times qualify me as a disaster. Surprised that after 3 marriages I have any moola left to stay in Thailand.

There must be lots of people with 1 year non immigrant O visas.

"O" = other = married, retired,...., NOT tourism.

Every 3 months they must do an out / in.

Now what?

yes, if they do not have 400,000 (married) / 800,000 (retiered) on a Thai bank account.

I hope no one here marry in panic.

Having been married 3 times I sometimes panic and wonder how I made it through.

Archived