2 hours ago, bangkokboy888 said:

Applied for Cambodia e-visa on March 23

Received e-visa today March 24th. have until June 24 2020 to use it.

the strange thing is that when applying for the evisa, there was no 'United States' or 'America' selection available in the list of countries. So I applied using "American Samoa" 

wrote to the Cambodia e-Visa people, let's see if they actually respond. Confirmed on third party sources that American Samoa and USA use the same passport just that Samoans are referred to as nationals in passport while continental Americans are referred to as citizens, apparently. 

anybody trying the same? 

Be careful, you might be turned away as their official travel restrictions specify that nationals from USA may not enter. Worse, you might technically be breaking their law for falsifying documents. I wouldn't want to know what the inside of a Cambodian jail is like.

CAMBODIA – published 20.03.2020
1. Passengers arriving from France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA are not allowed to enter Cambodia.
- This does not apply to nationals and residents of Cambodia.
2. Nationals and residents of Cambodia, diplomats and officials of foreign embassies and international organizations and their family members who have a Diplomatic Visa Type A and Official Visa Type B who live or have been in France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA in the past 14 days will be quarantine for 14 days.
- This does not apply to airline crew.

Source:   
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the problems at the southern Thai/Cambodia and the Kanchanaburi crossing I have the following suggestions. Their is also the fly out and back option to nearby countries. Border crossings that are

Well you are ignorant aren't you? And umm, Kennedy, 911? Please do stay on topic. You're making yourself look rather foolish.   Yes they are. International travel may never be the same again

I just got off the phone with KCI and was told no problem at the Choeng Chom border crossing. Private cars and bikes are crossing along with commercial vehicles. Only passport holders are allowed , no

Posted Images

3 hours ago, bangkokboy888 said:

Applied for Cambodia e-visa on March 23

Received e-visa today March 24th. have until June 24 2020 to use it.

the strange thing is that when applying for the evisa, there was no 'United States' or 'America' selection available in the list of countries. So I applied using "American Samoa" 

wrote to the Cambodia e-Visa people, let's see if they actually respond. Confirmed on third party sources that American Samoa and USA use the same passport just that Samoans are referred to as nationals in passport while continental Americans are referred to as citizens, apparently. 

anybody trying the same? 

Your e-visa is not valid. There is no United States selection because US citizens cannot get an e-visa. If you try to check in for a flight, the check in staff should hopefully catch this, and prevent you checking in. If they do not, best case is you will be denied entry on arrival and sent back. However, much worse consequences are possible.

• Like 2

March 22 Thai Airways denied my check-in because Cambodia didn't provide visa on arrival anymore. I was surprised because IATA didn't mention any of that (still doesn't). E-Visa wasn't an option because I had booked the flight after midnight for the next evening. So same day and e-visa can only be requested from the next day. I asked the Thai Airways staff at the check-in counter, the information counter and later the ticket office at Suvarnhabumi and they all stated that e-visa wasn't an option. Which again is strange because according to the same IATA info Cambodia doesn't deny any specific nationality entry and they only look at where you're traveling from. Thailand isn't on their blacklist. But of course I ended up not flying, got my money back and returned home.

Now I got an extra extension with a visa support letter from my embassy. I have to report back in in 2 weeks according to the stamp in my passport. It doesn't mention anything about an exit date. Perhaps it's an indefinite extension until immigration deems it possible again for me to leave. Not sure though about that and could just as well be a regular 30 day extension. At least I don't risk overstay for the time being.

IATA info as of today

CAMBODIA – published 20.03.2020
1. Passengers arriving from France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA are not allowed to enter Cambodia. - This does not apply to nationals and residents of Cambodia. 2. Nationals and residents of Cambodia, diplomats and officials of foreign embassies and international organizations and their family members who have a Diplomatic Visa Type A and Official Visa Type B who live or have been in France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA in the past 14 days will be quarantine for 14 days. - This does not apply to airline crew.

Edited by AgentSmith
10 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

IATA info as of today

New one done yesterday.

CAMBODIA – published 28.03.2020
Items 1 and 2 are effective 23:59 local time, 30 March 2020:
1. All visa exemptions, visas on arrival and e-visas are suspended till 30 April 2020.
2. All foreigners must:
- have a medical certificate, issued by competent health authorities of their country no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel, certifying that they are not tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID - 19); and
- have proof of insurance policy with minimum medical coverage of fifty thousand US dollars.
3. Passengers arriving from France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA are not allowed to enter Cambodia.
- This does not apply to nationals and residents of Cambodia.
4. Nationals and residents of Cambodia, diplomats and officials of foreign embassies and international organizations and their family members who have a Diplomatic Visa Type A and Official Visa Type B who live or have been in France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA in the past 14 days will be quarantine for 14 days.
- This does not apply to airline crew.

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

• Like 1

Scrap that. I overlooked that this rule only applies from the very end of March 30. That means I could've done my visa run last week after all. That really makes me wonder where Thai Airways gets their info that made them not accept me as a passenger as it obviously wasn't correct. Cambodia still accepts VOA (for now) and it also explains why the e-visa website hasn't been taken down yet.

8 hours ago, AgentSmith said:

Scrap that. I overlooked that this rule only applies from the very end of March 30. That means I could've done my visa run last week after all. That really makes me wonder where Thai Airways gets their info that made them not accept me as a passenger as it obviously wasn't correct. Cambodia still accepts VOA (for now) and it also explains why the e-visa website hasn't been taken down yet.

So what's your plan now?

3 hours ago, stament said:

So what's your plan now?

I got a visa support letter from my embassy that got me an extra extension. I have to report back in in 2 weeks. Supposedly it gives me 30 days extra but there's no exit date in my passport yet. I'll just wait and see what happens. At least I can prevent overstay for the time being.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am new here. I have a tourist visa until the end of may, I made the 30 days extension. I want to stay three more months in Thailand. How do you see getting a new visa on those dates? I mean in another asian country and go back to Bangkok. My plan would be go to another asian country at the end of may, and then comeback with a 2 months tourist visa, extendable for one more month. How do you see? Nowadays it would be impossible, but I hope in june will be different.

1 hour ago, jonga80 said:

Hello, I am new here. I have a tourist visa until the end of may, I made the 30 days extension. I want to stay three more months in Thailand. How do you see getting a new visa on those dates? I mean in another asian country and go back to Bangkok. My plan would be go to another asian country at the end of may, and then comeback with a 2 months tourist visa, extendable for one more month. How do you see? Nowadays it would be impossible, but I hope in june will be different

We are all guessing about the situation two months from now. My own view is that it will still be very difficult to visit Thailand as a tourist in early June. At a minimum, I think you will need heavy health insurance, plus tests confirming you are Covid-19 free. Once you leave Thailand, I think you should assume it will be some time before you can return. Further, even assuming borders open, I can imagine neighbouring countries having similar strict conditions before you are allowed to enter.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, BritTim said:

We are all guessing about the situation two months from now. My own view is that it will still be very difficult to visit Thailand as a tourist in early June. At a minimum, I think you will need heavy health insurance, plus tests confirming you are Covid-19 free. Once you leave Thailand, I think you should assume it will be some time before you can return. Further, even assuming borders open, I can imagine neighbouring countries having similar strict conditions before you are allowed to enter.

Thanks for your opinion Tim.

• 3 weeks later...

Could land borders between Laos and Thailand open before the air routes ? What do you guys think it's the most likely ?

Edited by RedReding
Typo
15 minutes ago, RedReding said:

Could land borders between Laos and Thailand open before the air routes ? What do you guys think it's the most likely ?

I think they will be opening at about the same time for the Thai side of borders. But the other countries might not be open.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, RedReding said:

If Thailand wants to enforce strict quarantine on arrival, they may restrict entry by foreigners to a couple of major airports in the first instance. Also, they are likely to want to limit the numbers arriving. However, it is all guesswork.