Border Run Alternatives

Does this all mean that I cannot do a same day in and out at Poipet for my 2nd entry? (I have a double entry tourist visa).

If not, then how long must I stay in the other country before being allowed to come back in?

I am in a panick here. My stamp says I must leave by Nov 11 and I have to do my 2nd entry by Nov 12. Not sure what I should do here, but I need to figure it out fast.

Does this all mean that I cannot do a same day in and out at Poipet for my 2nd entry? (I have a double entry tourist visa).

If not, then how long must I stay in the other country before being allowed to come back in?

I am in a panick here. My stamp says I must leave by Nov 11 and I have to do my 2nd entry by Nov 12. Not sure what I should do here, but I need to figure it out fast.

You will have not problem doing an out/in crossing at Poi Pet now. Everything has been back to normal for some time now.

• Like 1

You will have not problem doing an out/in crossing at Poi Pet now. Everything has been back to normal for some time now.

Nice. Thanks Joe. Sometimes it's hard to find updates burried in the pages or replies and topics.

Good to hear that (Y) I hope Mae Sai is ok as well... I have to make my second entry today :)

Good to hear that (Y) I hope Mae Sai is ok as well... I have to make my second entry today smile.png

if you have a valid visa at mae sai no problem;

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me whether I can still cross at Ban Phu Nam Ron (Kanchanaburi) with a non immigrant O multi entry visa to satisfy the 90 days exit/re-entry? From what I have read it appears ok with this visa, but not ok for visa exempt??

• Like 1

Hi guys, I have a few questions that hoped to be answered asap as I need to leave the country today. fyi, this is my first time doing this.

I have a double entry tourist visa that expires today (15/11), after reading several threads here, I'm still clueless and worried now.

Could anyone advise me the proper procedure if I were to take a flight or bus to exit and re-enter thailand.

1. Taking a flight to ubon thani -> bus to border -> bus to airport, flight to bangkok (will I have any issues without staying for a day at Vientiane (laos)) ?

2. Taking the cheapest flight to the nearby countries (cambodia/laos.. any other places? any issues as well? eg, do i need a re-entry permit?)

3. If anyone else has a better suggestion please offer some advise. I would like to exit and re-enter thailand on the same day with the lowest cost possible and shortest time taken too.

Thank you for the great help in advance.

Is it the tourist visa that is expiring or your admitted until date on the entry stamp that is ending?

If you have not done it yet you could still get a 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from the visa. If you go to immigration tomorrow you will not be fiend for an overstay since your permitted stay ends on a day immigration is not open.

You could do a border run to use your 2nd entry it you wanted to.

Flying out and back is also a good option.

Folks, my situation is similar.

I'm in Chiang Mai, hoping to get a 30-day visa exempt entry (as a G7 Canadian) at Mae Sai. I'm on a 90 day non-immigrant O that's expiring; planning to fly to Hanoi in a month for vacation plus get another 90 day non-immigrant O (timing isn't right for the one-year extension - should align with my kids' school year / education visas).

I don't have any 30 days visa exempt entries on my passport, just tourist visas and the latest non-immigrant O that was received in Canada in August.

I'd rather do the Mae Sai trip because it's considerably cheaper than flying, and my wife will have to do the same.

Do you think I could have a problem in Mae Sai? Would hate to be turned around and lose a day only to have to fly out a day later.

Just an update, today from Chiang Mai went over and back at Chiang Khong to Laos with a 30-day (G7) stamp without issue. Needed proof of flight out, however.

On the Thai side after exiting immigration their currency service was buying 39 THB for 1 USD. Not so good, but if you don't have USD is far better than paying THB 2100 for an equivalent USD 42 (for Canadians).

Appreciate your advice!

Just an update, today from Chiang Mai went over and back at Chiang Khong to Laos with a 30-day (G7) stamp without issue. Needed proof of flight out, however.

On the Thai side after exiting immigration their currency service was buying 39 THB for 1 USD. Not so good, but if you don't have USD is far better than paying THB 2100 for an equivalent USD 42 (for Canadians).

Appreciate your advice!

i think is case by case , when i go there , the officer they did not asking me for flight

Hey all, Im from the UK and currently in Phuket, if I fly to hong kong for a few days and return to Phuket, will I get a 30 day visa-on-arrival? Or would I still need to get a visa from an embassy?

You will get a 30 day visa exempt entry when you return. A visa on arrival is only for 15 days after you pay 1000 baht for it and it is only for those from certain countries.

Is the Sadao crossing still problematic for a border run with a visa exempt entry? Any updates?

You will probably be told you have to stay overnight in Malaysia in order to get one. You should be prepared to show at least the equivalent of 10k baht in cash when you enter.

Is the Sadao crossing still problematic for a border run with a visa exempt entry? Any updates?

You will probably be told you have to stay overnight in Malaysia in order to get one. You should be prepared to show at least the equivalent of 10k baht in cash when you enter.

This will be discussed with immigration upon exiting Thailand? Is it possible that one could be denied entry back into thailand even though the "ok" was given on the exit?

Some crossing do not do that close of a check on departure from the country.

Normally you would only be denied entry it you had more than a couple of back to back visa exempt entries.

The problem with border crossings is that they don't always follow procedures to deny an entry. The just tell you no and most people just turn around and go back to the other country. If they followed procedures they would have to do it under section 12 of the immigration act and do a stamp in your passport reflecting the clause used for denial. That is where having financial proof would come into play.

Quick update on Ban Phu Nam Ron border crossing. Went there on Monday morning to exit/re-enter to satisfy requirements of non immigrant O multi entry visa. Had to queue for about 10 minutes to exit. A lot of Burmese waiting. While waiting in line a customs official checked my passport and said I have a non immigrant O visa, so will have no problem. Sounded if no visa it may be a problem.

Anyway, whipped across to burmese immigration, went in with the driver, stamped me in and out and then back to Thailand. No problems re-entereing there either.

Price has been reduced from 910 baht to 710 baht for some reason. No complaints here.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I'm entering Thailand via Poipet with a UK passport, will I get a 30 day visa exemption?

Does anyone know if I can extend this by a further 30 days at the immigration office in Samui or will/can I fly to KL and get another 30 days?

Thanks in advance.