BANGKOK
ubonjoe

Border Run Alternatives

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The Laos visa on arrival varies according to your nationality. The minimum is $30, the maximum $42. A very few nationalities can get a free visa exempt entry.

hi thanks for the info

do you know of a link where i could check this visa fee according to my italian nationality?

1 hour ago, 72BKK said:

do you know of a link where i could check this visa fee according to my italian nationality?

I have seen this list:

Country      Price (US Dollar)

Australia         30

Canada           42

China              20

India               40

Sweden           31

USA                35

UK                  35

Others            30

According to this, Italy should be $30. Make sure you have clean, crisp US dollars. If you pay in Thai baht, it will cost much more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I have seen this list:

According to this, Italy should be $30. Make sure you have clean, crisp US dollars. If you pay in Thai baht, it will cost much more.

like i said i have been there 5-6 times and i have always paid $35 but maybe it was me just paying $5 more. Yes i'll change in dollars just before leaving at Superich checking that notes have no defects

thank you

Don't forget $1 for border crossing, maybe others who pay more than 30, don't get charged it, but I got charged with the Aussie passport 31US

like i said i have been there 5-6 times and i have always paid $35 but maybe it was me just paying $5 more. Yes i'll change in dollars just before leaving at Superich checking that notes have no defects
thank you

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, mcsiva8 said:

Don't forget $1 for border crossing, maybe others who pay more than 30, don't get charged it, but I got charged with the Aussie passport 31US

border crossing?? this is totally new for me. Never paid the $1 for border crossing 

so this could confirm that i had to pay $30 and not $35 as they never asked me the dollar for border crossing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcsiva8 said:

Don't forget $1 for border crossing, maybe others who pay more than 30, don't get charged it, but I got charged with the Aussie passport

That's probably the "overtime" charge that needs to be paid late in the evening, during weekends, on public holidays and etc.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 12:21 PM, 72BKK said:

Sorry but i have always paid $35 and not $30 for the Laos visa at the border.

Please can anyone confirm if now it's $30 or always $35 as the last 5-6 times i have been there?? 

cause i am going right in 2 weeks...

Because Australia paid half the cost of the Friendship Bridges (foreign aid by way of PM Keating) ,

Aussies appear to get a minor discount on visas. And very few hassles. Laos is a relaxed country anyway.

Stay a few days there if you can. Very good cheap food, accommodation and many varieties of Lao beer from dark to amber.

Aussies pay US $30 at the moment. My slightly used US money was refused. A new $100 US could not be changed.

The border official rubbed his fingers on a part of the bill and declared it to be genuine.

He wished me a good stay in Vientiane and charged my Thai Baht 1300. 

It cost 10,000 Lao kip to leave the country. Cheers mate

• Like 1

If I didn't have 30 US, I paid 1300bht at the border and 1400bht at the Laos embassy in Khon Kean, Thailand. I left at normal times and didn't pay to leave. I left each time before 2.30pm. Thanks for the info on Mr Keating, contributing to the friendship bridge, didn't know that.

Because Australia paid half the cost of the Friendship Bridges (foreign aid by way of PM Keating) ,
Aussies appear to get a minor discount on visas. And very few hassles. Laos is a relaxed country anyway.
Stay a few days there if you can. Very good cheap food, accommodation and many varieties of Lao beer from dark to amber.
Aussies pay US $30 at the moment. My slightly used US money was refused. A new $100 US could not be changed.
The border official rubbed his fingers on a part of the bill and declared it to be genuine.
He wished me a good stay in Vientiane and charged my Thai Baht 1300. 
It cost 10,000 Lao kip to leave the country. Cheers mate

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

So what happened wrt Canada, they failed to deliver?

• Like 1

No, Aussie contributed the lot 42mill dollars. Hahaha
Maybe Canada contributed towards something else, and China, well what can we say about them, only 20US they pay, but don't see that many, some at the Thai consulate getting visas.

So what happened wrt Canada, they failed to deliver?

1 minute ago, mcsiva8 said:

No, Aussie contributed the lot 42mill dollars. Hahaha
Maybe Canada contributed towards something else, and China, well what can we say about them, only 20US they pay, but don't see that many, some at the Thai consulate getting visas.

Well I wondered as Canada paid the most.

13 minutes ago, mcsiva8 said:

Unless resident in Laos, Chinese should not be able to apply for Thai visas in Vientiane. They can only apply back in China.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

Lets not argue over the bridges, this is not the post for that.

This is not a griping post. IT is ALL about information on border runs

• Like 1

cost this Canadian $42 to get into Laos and then +$1 for a Saturday entry...

note...have the correct change if possible and be advised that they will refuse older American money...they would not take a $50 that was a 1990 series (I think) bill...tried passing it off in a Laos bar, Laos hotel, and at the duty free airport store in Vientaine...said it was real bill but just "too old"...

Edited by jfeigel
  • Like 1