BANGKOK 24 July 2019 16:21
ubonjoe

Border Run Alternatives

On 2/11/2019 at 9:42 AM, BritTim said:

You might get the warning stamp along with a visa from Vientiane. Savannakhet has historically been pretty safe, but there have been a few worrying posts in recent months that suggest it might not be quite as safe as before. You could consider Yangon, where getting the visa is usually no problem. If you wanted to reenter Thailand by land, the way this is done from Yangon is by taking an overnight bus to the border at Myawaddy/Maesot. You can fly from Maesot airport (close to the border) to Bangkok. The required visa for Myanmar can be applied for online as long as you are flying into Yangon airport.

Thanks and one more question for you BritTim or anyone in the know.

Is  Chiang Mai airport considered "safe". I could buy a ticket from Vietnam to there and spend the night and fly back to BKK if thats the case. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

Is  Chiang Mai airport considered "safe". I could buy a ticket from Vietnam to there and spend the night and fly back to BKK if thats the case.

No reports of problems there.

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, ubonjoe said:

No reports of problems there.

Thanks Joe. That sounds like a safe way to go without the land borders. 

Anybody heard about having to make an appointment to get a visa from Vientiane online?
Started for feb1 2019.
Found an article on YouTube.

Thanks Joe. That sounds like a safe way to go without the land borders. 
Screenshot_20190222-071719_WhatsApp.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, mcsiva8 said:

Anybody heard about having to make an appointment to get a visa from Vientiane online?
Started for feb1 2019.

There was a long topic about it. You have to make an appointment now.

This is where you register and make the appointment. https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

Edit: I removed you other two posts since they were not needed.

• Like 1

Hi

Iam currently on a SETV (British Passport Holder) and already used re-entry and 30 day extension. Prior to that i had 6 VE for 10-20 days last year.  I am going to Saigon at the end of my expiry date of my SETV for 3 days and plan to apply for another SETV at saigon.  I am bit concerned flying back to BKK and not being allowed in.  I will bring with me my hotel accomodation and 20k baht in cash and a cheap outbound ticket to someehere in asia as iam not aware when i will go back to London yet, however, which is the most ideal?

1.  Nervous nail biting return into BKK

2. Go to Chiang mai from Saigon and take a later flight from Chiang Mai to  BKK.

Edited by pantsonfire

34 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Hi

Iam currently on a SETV (British Passport Holder) and already used re-entry and 30 day extension. Prior to that i had 6 VE for 10-20 days last year.  I am going to Saigon at the end of my expiry date of my SETV for 3 days and plan to apply for another SETV at saigon.  I am bit concerned flying back to BKK and not being allowed in.  I will bring with me my hotel accomodation and 20k baht in cash and a cheap outbound ticket to someehere in asia as iam not aware when i will go back to London yet, however, which is the most ideal?

2. Go to Chiang mai from Saigon and take a later flight from Chiang Mai to  BKK.

Based on your history of tourist entries to date, I think you can safely enter with a visa in Bangkok. If you decide to stay much longer in Thailand, you would be wise for later visa applications to arrange them in a way that facilitates land entry into Thailand.

So... can Chinese apply for a visa at a consulate in another country?

I am a Chinese student study in Thailand. I entered Thailand by travel sign three months ago and is about to expire. My school cannot be changed into a student visa in time. 
What should I do?Do I had to back China?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sonodaumi said:

So... can Chinese apply for a visa at a consulate in another country?

I am a Chinese student study in Thailand. I entered Thailand by travel sign three months ago and is about to expire. My school cannot be changed into a student visa in time. 
What should I do?Do I had to back China?

China is on the list of countries that can only apply for visas in their home country. 

See this list from the KL embassy website.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/listed country 2018_2.pdf  You should note that at the bottom of the page it states you can apply there but it takes 4 weeks to get the visa.

• Thanks 1

A few years back I did a border run to Malaysia via Chumphon, which was all handled by friends who came with me. I now have to do it again and I'm not sure of what to do when I arrive in Chumphon. Any help would be appreciated

22 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

A few years back I did a border run to Malaysia via Chumphon, which was all handled by friends who came with me. I now have to do it again and I'm not sure of what to do when I arrive in Chumphon. Any help would be appreciated

Not sure where you did your border crossing since Chumphon is not on the Malaysia border.

From Chumphon the nearest border is Myanmar. You can do the crossing to Myanmar at Ranong.

Posted (edited)

I'm having a bad day Joe, I meant Myanmar via Ranong, sorry. How do I get there from Chumphon?

Edited by delgarcon

38 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

How do I get there from Chumphon?

I found a topic for Chumphon on the Southern Thailand forum.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/509800-maats-guide-to-living-near-chumphon-town/

If mentions Fame Tours for the border run to Ranong. http://www.chumphon-kohtao.com/visarun-bigboat

I am sure though you could do yourself by van or bus from Chumphon city or wherever you are at there.

On 2/22/2019 at 3:39 PM, pantsonfire said:

Hi

On 2/22/2019 at 4:16 PM, BritTim said:

Based on your history of tourist entries to date, I think you can safely enter with a visa in Bangkok. If you decide to stay much longer in Thailand, you would be wise for later visa applications to arrange them in a way that facilitates land entry into Thailand.

If I may piggyback on this, I think I'm in a somewhat similar case: US pp, 6 VE since 2016, 3 TV old pp, 3 TV in current.

I'm considering a SETV at Yangon and taking a bus to enter land border to avoid the risks of entering via air. However, if air seems doable, I would prefer to go to Vietnam. What do you think about the prospects of flying into Bangkok or CM compared to the presumably safer Myawaddy/Maesot crossing?