BANGKOK 24 June 2019 18:07
ubonjoe

Border Run Alternatives

Report from Laos boarder

I back to Thailand at visa exemption via train from Vientiane , but at first immigration officer don't want let me entry, because he thougts I cross the land boarder two times in this year already, but these stamps was from last year 😄 After negotationts, he realize with mistakes and give me entry stamp 😄

• Like 1

Hi any help will very much be appreciated. I have a  " Multiple Entry Non O Marriage Visa "  that i got in Savannakhet in march and i will be doing a 60 day extention to visit my wife  at Hua Hin immigration next week then i will need to do a border hop 90 days after that but i have just been told that i can't do my 90 day at Phu Nam Ron near Kanchanaburi with a South African passport anymore even though i had done it quite a few times before . According to a person called Amornrat Mattioli they don't accept the SA passport. If this is true what would my next best option be to do a 90 day border run that would be nearest to Hua Hin. I got this message from Tod Daniels via Thai visa advice. I know it's still quite a long way from now but better to make sure. Thanking anybody with advice in advance.

Regards, Kyri Lambrou.

29 minutes ago, Kyri said:

Hi any help will very much be appreciated. I have a  " Multiple Entry Non O Marriage Visa "  that i got in Savannakhet in march and i will be doing a 60 day extention to visit my wife  at Hua Hin immigration next week then i will need to do a border hop 90 days after that but i have just been told that i can't do my 90 day at Phu Nam Ron near Kanchanaburi with a South African passport anymore even though i had done it quite a few times before . According to a person called Amornrat Mattioli they don't accept the SA passport. If this is true what would my next best option be to do a 90 day border run that would be nearest to Hua Hin. I got this message from Tod Daniels via Thai visa advice. I know it's still quite a long way from now but better to make sure. Thanking anybody with advice in advance.

Regards, Kyri Lambrou.

I would suggest you contact Tanya at Bangkok Buddy for a second opinion.

BritTim thank you very much for your reply. I don't normally use a agent as i normally drive and do my border run on my own as i like the outing for one or two days. Realy appreciate your response. I also don't know if a agent will be willing to just give info. Regards

Just back from Savanakhet today. The place was mobbed with an estimated 500 people wanting visas. Most of them Filipino. They kept the place open till 2pm for application and the buses on the way back over the bridge were mobbed. Seems like this place is soon to be "blown".

The guy who was herding the crowd said they are looking at going down the appointment route and limiting the number of serial "Tourist" visas. 

Additional documentation was required in the form of the Laos Visa stamp copy. And for non-o 12 months, I was asked to show proof of fund.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, paulfaz said:

Additional documentation was required in the form of the Laos Visa stamp copy. And for non-o 12 months, I was asked to show proof of fund.

On what basis were you applying for the non ‘O ‘, and how much money did they want to see?

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, paulfaz said:

Just back from Savanakhet today. The place was mobbed with an estimated 500 people wanting visas. Most of them Filipino. They kept the place open till 2pm for application and the buses on the way back over the bridge were mobbed. Seems like this place is soon to be "blown".

The guy who was herding the crowd said they are looking at going down the appointment route and limiting the number of serial "Tourist" visas. 

Well , that sounds like the end of SUV. as a good place for non 0 multi based on marriage. Predictable given the situation at Vientiane.

Anybody with a multi non 0 expiring soon would be well advised not to try and squeeze 15 months from it.

Go now while you can or face the consequences.

I was applying for a 12 months non-o for marriage. They asked to show money in the bank but didn't state an amount. So I showed them a 400k letter from Kasikorn which i took along just in case. 

• Thanks 1

Hi i know that i have posted this but is there anybody that knows anything about my question it will realy be very much appreciated if i could get clarification on this. Thanks again.

" Hi any help will very much be appreciated. I have a  " Multiple Entry Non O Marriage Visa "  that i got in Savannakhet in march and i will be doing a 60 day extention to visit my wife  at Hua Hin immigration next week then i will need to do a border hop 90 days after that but i have just been told that i can't do my 90 day at Phu Nam Ron near Kanchanaburi with a South African passport anymore even though i had done it quite a few times before . According to a person called Amornrat Mattioli they don't accept the SA passport. If this is true what would my next best option be to do a 90 day border run that would be nearest to Hua Hin. I got this message from Tod Daniels via Thai visa advice. I know it's still quite a long way from now but better to make sure. Thanking anybody with advice in advance. "

Regards, Kyri Lambrou.

6 hours ago, Kyri said:

Hi i know that i have posted this but is there anybody that knows anything about my question it will realy be very much appreciated if i could get clarification on this. Thanks again.

" Hi any help will very much be appreciated. I have a  " Multiple Entry Non O Marriage Visa "  that i got in Savannakhet in march and i will be doing a 60 day extention to visit my wife  at Hua Hin immigration next week then i will need to do a border hop 90 days after that but i have just been told that i can't do my 90 day at Phu Nam Ron near Kanchanaburi with a South African passport anymore even though i had done it quite a few times before . According to a person called Amornrat Mattioli they don't accept the SA passport. If this is true what would my next best option be to do a 90 day border run that would be nearest to Hua Hin. I got this message from Tod Daniels via Thai visa advice. I know it's still quite a long way from now but better to make sure. Thanking anybody with advice in advance. "

Regards, Kyri Lambrou.

That’s correct; a SA passport holder can’t use Phu Nam Ron. I don’t know about other Myanmar crossings — but assume the same.

Cambodia (use Ban Laem - not Aranyaprathet/Poipet) and Laos are okay.

Posted (edited)

Has money in bank for MEV non O based on marriage at Savannakhet a common requirement now. If so how much is required officially now? Has anyone else recently experienced this? Most reports tell of no requirements for money. I am thinking about just getting MEV and extending married visa locally in CM after my 12 months income has accumulated.

Edited by Danthai

Just for once we are eagerly awaiting a current report from Savann with news of numbers queuing and changes to documentation.

Has anyone done the Visa exempt entry border run at Phu Nam Ron border to Myanmar recently ? All information I could get was from a few months ago and noone has reported anything since. A response would be appreciated. 

17 minutes ago, Dennis89 said:

Has anyone done the Visa exempt entry border run at Phu Nam Ron border to Myanmar recently ? All information I could get was from a few months ago and noone has reported anything since. A response would be appreciated. 

No news is good news. Many, including visa run companies, are making that trip, and we would know immediately of any change.

• Like 1

I have just searched Malaysaia borders for SA passports and it seems because there is no visa required a train is just about the best and cheapest option. Return from Hua Hin to Padang Besar is about 2300.00 Baht. Leave Hua Hin about 7pm get to Padang Besar in the morning and return at about 5pm get to Hua Hin 6am back home. Second class sleeper coach with aircon. If same day return is allowed. I am just looking for other options seeing that with a SA passport it's not possible to go to Kanchanaburi anymore. 

What you guys think is this a good option for doing a 90 day border run for a non o multiple entry for marriage received in Savannakhet?