BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sencelebi

Starting a new farm bussiness

I'm just thinking wouldn't it be wise to start on a smaller scale, get some experience and then expanding?

That's how it should be... I started with 10'000...

Just think about it, I'm not the only one doing 500'000. You need to get a queue number for harvest...

Is there any Cobra farm ? Scopion farm ? in Thailand ?

suck out their venon and make big money .

hows my idea good or not ?

I don't know about that.

But if you want something exotic you can:

- raise crocodiles for leather, meat and blood. Yes, blood. You can tap it as us humans for blood donation. It's then processed to some kind of medicine and sold mainly to China.

- raise monitor lizard (hia) for leather

- breed some certain species of monitor for export as a pet to EU and US. A friend of mine once visited this mind of farm in Indonesia. And the retail price to the customer is around 500€ per juvenile animal

Is there any Cobra farm ? Scopion farm ? in Thailand ?

suck out their venon and make big money .

hows my idea good or not ?

I don't know about that.

But if you want something exotic you can:

- raise crocodiles for leather, meat and blood. Yes, blood. You can tap it as us humans for blood donation. It's then processed to some kind of medicine and sold mainly to China.

- raise monitor lizard (hia) for leather

- breed some certain species of monitor for export as a pet to EU and US. A friend of mine once visited this mind of farm in Indonesia. And the retail price to the customer is around 500€ per juvenile animal

He's thinking about "get rich quick scheme"...wasting time talking to him. laugh.png

Farming is about passion... and doing it right by having the right connection will allow you to create a bigger profitable output in commercial scale level. Just having the capital to invest big without knowing how to do it will not work out. I do agreed that finding the buyer is equally important.

I started catfish farming in the year 2000. It takes many years to reach my current production level and have been maintaining this current production level for 3 years already. There's no short cut in learning the trade... even with a mentor you're still learning... Hands on teaches every aspect and detail... May it be live stock or agriculture.

The first thing I would look at is who is going to buy all these Catfish or Pigs

I was going to produce,is there a local wholesale market,as fish and pigs

don't travel well.

regards worgeordie

The first thing I would look at is who is going to buy all these Catfish or Pigs

don't travel well.

regards worgeordie

That's what I'm asking on my first post.Looks like couple of farmers replied but I guess they don't want to give out any info.

And someone said American writes like a European. I can't see his post but yes buddy you got that right. I'm a European American . Is that a problem with farming? Trying to be a smart ass don't always pay.

That's how it should be... I started with 10'000...

Just think about it, I'm not the only one doing 500'000. You need to get a queue number for harvest...

I just want to rent or long term lease the 40 rai for the future use. That doesn't mean I will start with 35 ponds and 4 million fishes. I have read some posts on other forums from few farmers who harvest 2 or 3 million fishes in a year but their posts were about year old so i assume they don't log in since I never got a reply. Or they don't want to give any info for not to have competition.

don't travel well.

regards worgeordie

That's what i am asking on my first post.Where are the wholesalers?

You are too new to this forum and new members usually come to the farming forum looking for wholersalers contact...

Even in conducting business face to face, warming up the atmosphere with greeting and polite tone helps...and after a few more meeting when people are more comfortable with each other would then enhance the level of communication.

This farming forum of TV is not only about sharing information only... it is also a place for people with the same interest in certain farming topics to come together comparing notes or to have some casual discussion.

As for wholesalers contact, it's a high value information and closely guarded... because farmers go through a lot hard work and up and down to get to where they are and will never share easily.

A better social etiqette and softer tone approach would help to gain more support for your cause.

This forum and it's members can provide you with some information but if you think they gonna do your business plan for you, you are in the wrong place.

But in your case with sufficient money why don't you hire a consultant? There is a Thai company called SGS. They will do everything for you. From finding the right location, negotiations with locals and local administration and supply for feed, animal stock and wholesalers

Looks like most of you reply to my post is a financial advisor. Replies has no information about what I asked for. I don't need business advice since I am a successful business owner last 26 yrs. And I am planning to retire in Thailand and do the farm in a big scale as a hobby. The reason I want to do it in Thailand is alot less money then U.S. The farm I am planning to establish will cost me about $3 million in U.S. and employees will cost me much more higher than U.S.

You guys don't worry how much money I can loose or how much money I can afford to loose.

Please don't reply If you are not going to give me the right answers to my questions.

Officially one of the prohibited occupations for foreigners is farming. Try to get around that one the moment your successful and people want to stop you. Sorry but that would just make it so easy for the competition to put you out of the game.

I know all about the laws.This will be joint venture with my fiancé since she is an American Thai.But she has no clue about land and wholesalers since she is living in America for too long. I know there are 2 big corporations in Thailand and they control almost everything. I/we are not thinking about or have financial ability to compete with those guys. both of those corporations are nearly global corporations. We are thinking only either 2000-3000 pig farm or about 40 rai fish farm. If we decide to move there and retire.

How does a joint venture make it any less a prohibited occupation for foreigners ? Could you explain that to me.

It's not the right topic here but doesn't the law say that the direct occupation in farm work is not allowed. How if he's the farm manager and employs labor?

This forum and it's members can provide you with some information but if you think they gonna do your business plan for you, you are in the wrong place.

But in your case with sufficient money why don't you hire a consultant? There is a Thai company called SGS. They will do everything for you. From finding the right location, negotiations with locals and local administration and supply for feed, animal stock and wholesalers

Now I call this helpful information. Instead of BS.. thanks.