IP address tool - What is my IP address

george

While your IP address maybe hidden when browsing it is often still visible when downloading Torrents.

Here is a small free program to check your Torrent client is behind actually hidden from the world.

http://www.best-bittorrent-vpn.com/check-torrent-ip.html

Scroll Down.

Basically you copy IPMagnet into your client and that will give you the IP being used.

:smile:

• 1 year later...

Since the other thread about vpn is closed, I'll just ask here. Could anyone give me some recommendations about vpn? Which one should I choose? Some people I know are using NordVPN and they didn't have any issues, but I just want some more opinions. 

On 9/19/2015 at 1:26 AM, oilinki said:

According to that site I'm anonymous. According to my account name, what I say, where I act, what details I slowly leak, and much more - I'm not anonymous at all. That applies to most of us.

Most sites now have much more sophisticated tools - look up "fingerprinting". One forum site I use looks at the MAC address of the network card in the devices I use to access their site, part of the metadata they grab whenever I log on. It then looks across their database of users to build up a Venn diagram which can help them track down people trying to maintain two or more "identities".

Edited by ThaiBunny

On 6/3/2019 at 10:47 AM, alesandrtr114 said:

Since the other thread about vpn is closed, I'll just ask here. Could anyone give me some recommendations about vpn? Which one should I choose? Some people I know are using NordVPN and they didn't have any issues, but I just want some more opinions. 

I'm using nordvpn for a few years now and didn't had any issues and it's really cool that they're offering 24/7 customer support service through live chat that many other vpns don't have. But if you want more details, you can look up some info here https://tipsfromgeeks.com/vpn-comparison-by-us/
It's nice that you can look up comparisons made by the web editors and users, so it's pretty informative.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 8:28 PM, alesandrtr114 said:

Eventually I bought nordvpn and they sent me the promo code, so I'll share it here, if someone needs it ????

Good decision made, dude! I've been using nordvpn for a while and it seems to work just fine. I know it's not the best one according to many comparisons and stuff, but it's a really good quality for that price.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 12:17 PM, ddesoran9 said:

I'm using nordvpn for a few years now and didn't had any issues and it's really cool that they're offering 24/7 customer support service through live chat that many other vpns don't have. But if you want more details, you can look up some info here https://tipsfromgeeks.com/vpn-comparison-by-us/
It's nice that you can look up comparisons made by the web editors and users, so it's pretty informative.

That seems convincing. I also like that nordvpn is based in Panama and it looks like that might be the reason of they're good security.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Moncul said:
On 9/19/2015 at 8:10 AM, BKKdreaming said:

is there anyway to know where an email comes from if it goes through Gmail, yahoo, HotMail etc to get to you ?

Yes.
For you? Probably not.

WHY are you responding to a 2015 post???