Fake Degree Reporting

irishtoffy

me thinks

any of you that reply : snitches get stiches

they all are doing something illegal, websites or others

so: if there is a drug dealer in your old country and you see him dealing to youngsters, that is also, say nothing, do nothing ?

same kind of people when a person is getting beating by a gang, will do nothing, except report on fora as armchair warriors, right ?

if everybody has to play by the rules, the legal way, why accept or even insult others that think this is not fair ?

butter on your head ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this crap about it's not fair I worked hard and earned my degree and he didn't blah blah....so why those degree holders mucking about at the bottom of the pool competing for 30,000 bht a month jobs?

Go get a real salary...there is no way fake degrees will cut it at the top paid international schools.

Give him a break....he's only trying to make an honest living, but if he's an English teacher and doesn't know the difference between 'their, there and they're' (and there are plenty of them), throw him in the slammer. Or it may be 'I'd of' instead of 'I'd have'....six months again.

i have 11 degrees from Yale, 3 from Oxford, an honorary Knighthood by the Queen, and 102 Olympic gold medals.

Once I said 103, and they threatened to go to google....i knew that was too many

in your own country, do whatever you want....fraud is bad and i wouldn't want to work with a fraudster.

but here, leave it alone.

my 2 cents

I wouldn't want to work with a fraudster anywhere. However, as long as he/she doesn't harm my family or me, I don't really want to get involved. If he/she does, and unless he/she poses a danger to society as a whole (for example a fake medical practitioner certificate or the like), I would warn that person, before addressing the authorities. This refers to any country, my own, a country I may reside in, or just living there temporarily.

me thinks

any of you that reply : snitches get stiches

they all are doing something illegal, websites or others

so: if there is a drug dealer in your old country and you see him dealing to youngsters, that is also, say nothing, do nothing ?

same kind of people when a person is getting beating by a gang, will do nothing, except report on fora as armchair warriors, right ?

if everybody has to play by the rules, the legal way, why accept or even insult others that think this is not fair ?

butter on your head ?

me thinks

we have already covered the moronic nature of this statement and ones like it

illegal websites?? this lot on here?? Now who has been smoking drugs?? 555

another ridiculous analogy

stay off the morning Leo

SPOILER ALERT!!

In the average Thai government school where you have 50 students in a shitty classroom no real actual teaching goes on anyway. You could have a masters in TESOL and an engrish degree from Cambridge it would not help you as nobody really cares.

I arrived here as a young man (23) and thought I would look into the teaching option. I was green, and I didn't really consider whether what I was doing was going to be long term.

The nice people at the agency flippantly told me to get a fake degree at Kao San road, which I did, and then they successfully acquired a work permit and teacher licence for me.

Now as it happens I am lucky enough, whilst not having a degree, to have a rather good command of the language, and I worked my ass off to do the best damn job I could do (better than the Thai teachers half the time i don't doubt).

I gained the respect of the Thai faculty, students and the boss at my agency and frequently went above and beyond the call of duty to make quality materials for the class and lesson plans.

After being in the job for 8 years, I had built up a resentment against my being on fake credentials, I really disliked it, and in 2009 I moved from Bangkok to Krabi where i ripped up the old fake degree and told them what I had (online TEFL and 8 years experience) and the new school in Krabi got me a temporary teachers licence and work permit.

Over the years though, I have seen some bums who should not have been in the classroom, and I have seen teachers holding degrees (in various fields) who were just piss-poor teachers.

So it's by no means a black and white situation, and credentials do not necessarily make the teacher. Thailand would be best served to have their own evaluation system, bearing in mind they require teachers from kindergarten up to University and the money they pay is not conducive to the highly qualified.

I no longer teach, but I am proud of the work I did, and I was enormously relieved to be freed of the fake credential burden when I eventually changed jobs.

If the OP wants to report this colleague, unless this person is also drunk on the job or wildly inappropriate in some other way, just can it and keep your miserable nose into your own business you sad pathetic little man.

Try thinking it out first before you come down from your highly educated pedestal to mix with the plebs.

Is it possible this picture was taken doing a private home tutorial, then you might be able to let the casual clothing slide.

If it's in a school, then just no!

I think we established earlier in the thread that this questionable NES* is running a private tutor school.

Either way, TIT.

Is it possible this picture was taken doing a private home tutorial, then you might be able to let the casual clothing slide.

I think we established earlier in the thread that this questionable NES* is running a private tutor school.

Either way, TIT.

Ah sorry, I skimmed through, must have missed that.

Judging by the number of posters who vilified the OP for wanting to expose a fraudster, the number of those with fake/fraudulent degrees must be quite high. Why else would they give such scathing replies to one who wishes to clean up the mess.

Lots of people complain and laud the Brit for standing up to his claim of plagiarism against a government official. So why not walk the talk and support the OP? There seems to be some double standard here. It's okey - if the target is someone else but NOT when they are questioning your qualifications.

If you are qualified and I mean really qualified - then you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise - it probably be better for you to just shut your trap. Who knows? You just might get away with it... ha ha...

For all the peudo gangland hardmen out there with their "nobody likes grasses" and "snitches get stitches' remarks, consider this. Morons such as you should contemplate what your reaction to reporting illegal activities would be if, just for the sake of an example, a member of your family was assaulted and someone who knew who had committed the assault told you he would mind his own business and keep it to himself so as not to get the attacker into trouble. You would all be happy with this, yes? Unless you're all two-faced hypocrites you'd have to be.

And before some clown jumps in with "there's a difference between assault and falsifying qualifications" there is no difference in the principal, you are either happy to let people get on with their illegal activities or you are not, which one is it?

There are things that are "illegal" and not fair, also, just because a thing is law does not always make it right.

If you want to obey everyones law, then why bother getting up in the morning?

People in authority, MPs, people running big business, bosses in some jobs, make up rules to suit themselves, but it may not suit me.

As long as no ordinary person is getting put out in any way, I will do what suits me, and if anyone does not like it then too bad.

For the record, I was a school teacher here for three years, but I was legal and had a work permit. but IMO, it is wrong to use false

degrees to get a teaching job as that is affecting ordinary peoples education, and those who are caught using them deserve all they get.

Judging from the pics on the OPs website, it would appear that unshaven and scruffy apparel is the way to go!

I had a pic of it, but the moderators must have removed them. Shame. He certainly is a handsome looking chap!

A real growler by all accounts. Phew! I Pity the students.

Whats the site? And I am sorry if I missed something but how did OP's identity get revealed? Perhaps it's a nono to name identities but I am curious how it all went down. Was there a confirmation of his status running the language school? And what about that guy calling OP out...something about danny and getting run outta town in chiang mai and no longer welcome in ubon? Has all this been confirmed?

If he was a teacher teaching my kid and he was not legal and doing a poor job I would report him too.

I also would not want a dropout being my lawyer in court. But if they had all the fake degrees and other documents you wouldn't know the difference until it was too late.

It like paying for a shot of Johnny Walker Gold and getting a shot of cheap Thai crap, would you say never mind.

I have no respect for liars or cheats....

I have no respect for liars or cheats.... Neither have I, and among the biggest liars and cheats are MPs and those who run big business, that is why they are so rich

and it is mostly at the ordinary peoples expense.

THE TEACHER’S COUNCIL of Thailand (TCT) has updated its list of recognised native English language speakers – and the Republic of Ireland hasn’t made the cut.Under the new rules introduced earlier this year, citizens hailing from only five countries can automatically be considered native English speakers and therefore be entitled to TCT provisional teaching permit – those countries are named as: “The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, The United States of America, Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand and Canada”.

I would add that unless you are from Northern Ireland you are also being a fraud considering you are no doubt getting paid a salary indicative of being a native English speaker when in reality you may not be.

The Republic of Ireland people are as much Native English Speakers as anyone else, no matter what anybody in authority says, and if the Irish guy

is from the ROI, and has the credentials to teach, then good luck to him and to hell with the "new rules".

THE TEACHER’S COUNCIL of Thailand (TCT) has updated its list of recognised native English language speakers – and the Republic of Ireland hasn’t made the cut.Under the new rules introduced earlier this year, citizens hailing from only five countries can automatically be considered native English speakers and therefore be entitled to TCT provisional teaching permit – those countries are named as: “The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, The United States of America, Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand and Canada”.

I would add that unless you are from Northern Ireland you are also being a fraud considering you are no doubt getting paid a salary indicative of being a native English speaker when in reality you may not be.

The Republic of Ireland people are as much Native English Speakers as anyone else, no matter what anybody in authority says, and if the Irish guy

is from the ROI, and has the credentials to teach, then good luck to him and to hell with the "new rules".

So a false degree is wrong and he should face punishment but a fake NES who can't speak the Queens without sounding like an extra from Snatch is OK?

Gotcha.

Anyone know any schools hiring non degree holders for teaching positions prefer Pattaya or BKK ex Police so not a bad lad but some people might think other wise re police ?

As a former policeman I am advertising myself as someone who is willing to break the law in a foreign country whilst having previous for imprisoning people for doing the same thing in your own country.

And you wonder why some people hate the police. Clueless.

ACAB.

So a false degree is wrong and he should face punishment but a fake NES who can't speak the Queens without sounding like an extra from Snatch is OK?

Gotcha.

Extra from snatch. Nice.

Gotcha.

So if the Republic of Ireland were like Scotland, and did not want independence from Britain, then they would be Native English Speakers?

Gotcha.

Anyone know any schools hiring non degree holders for teaching positions prefer Pattaya or BKK ex Police so not a bad lad but some people might think other wise re police ?

As a former policeman I am advertising myself as someone who is willing to break the law in a foreign country whilst having previous for imprisoning people for doing the same thing in your own country.

ACAB.

That's a bit harsh Angsta. There's good and bad people everywhere, no?

Gotcha.

So if the Republic of Ireland were like Scotland, and did not want independence from Britain, then they would be Native English Speakers?

Gotcha.

I don't get this-

If the ROI were like Scotland, they would be part of Great Britain and as such the Thai government would recognise them as native speakers. They aren't so the government doesn't, but what does the wish to be independent have to do with it?

Meanwhile, this thread is hilarious, thanks everyone.

As I have said hundreds of times over and it even works from the USA.

Thailand Tourist Police.

They get my sense of humor and are always happy to help and laugh along with me.

I don't know what your motivation is? Just be polite. Its the International magic key.

If they don't know, they'll direct you or find out.

ACAB.

That's a bit harsh Angsta. There's good and bad people everywhere, no?

There are. My point is here is a man who is happy to ruin peoples lives as a copper but then goes abroad to openly flaunt the laws in a foreign country.

There are enough moronic bullies in the Thai education system so by rights this guy will feel right at home. smile.png

I taught English for 7 years. Most of the teachers I worked with had a fake degree or got help from the school to stay on. My degree may or may not of been legit.

Go on B..tch.. report me!

If the school is helping holders of fake degrees, it is no wonder then that the thai school staff and the students (and other thais), care a damn for the farang teachers as they know that most of them (as you mentioned) are on fake degrees.

This seems more like envy than anything. I remember a former marine came here and worked as a bartender, everyone loved him and was having the time of his life working in a very well known bar.

Another guy tried to befriend him and asked to put a good word in so he could work there as well. He said the manager didn't approve as he seemed like an introvert and would not fit in. Not long after, the manager and worker received a visit, as it was obvious that jerk called it in. It was more of an inconvenience, as everything was in order, but that guy was told to stay away from the bar.

Fake degree? Who cares. Just go on with your life.

Maybe if someone with a fake driving licence killed or injured one of your friends or family, you might be playing a different tune. Also I know if I had worked hard to get my degree and someone had theirs given I probably would be a little peeved. And why moan about Thai corruption when its happening in their own ranks?

Splitting hairs? How's an illegal degree the same as an illegal drivers license? Your argument does not hold much weight. When a recipient of an illegal degree physically hurts or kills someone then let me know.

For all the peudo gangland hardmen out there with their "nobody likes grasses" and "snitches get stitches' remarks, consider this. Morons such as you should contemplate what your reaction to reporting illegal activities would be if, just for the sake of an example, a member of your family was assaulted and someone who knew who had committed the assault told you he would mind his own business and keep it to himself so as not to get the attacker into trouble. You would all be happy with this, yes? Unless you're all two-faced hypocrites you'd have to be.

And before some clown jumps in with "there's a difference between assault and falsifying qualifications" there is no difference in the principal, you are either happy to let people get on with their illegal activities or you are not, which one is it?

That could be easily answered by pointing out the matter at hand is not about principle rather it is far more about pursuing illegal activities that have some substance to them....shall we say....some grave importance to them.

Very few people are concerned about a person who is teaching children while he or she does not have a specific degree or specific qualifications.....as compared to a person who is a heroin dealer or assaults someone or commits any number of serious crimes or participates in illegal activities that the overwhelming majority of people would be concerned about and would want the relevant authorities to enforce the laws and vigorously pursue those people perpetrating such crimes.

That is the difference and relevant to where the efforts of law enforcement should be focused upon.

Besides .....if it was so serious???? then the relevant authorities would be enforcing the laws pertaining to qualified teachers far more so than they are now while parents and other concerned citizens would be speaking out and demanding that the relevant authorities do something about this supposedly serious matter of foreigners without proper credentials teaching their children.....but they are not...and never have and probably never will.

Cheers

Archived