Fake Degree Reporting

irishtoffy

If a person without a degree thinks he is qualified to teach, why not simply get a degree.
After all, that should be easy peacy if you are qualified.
(Oh yes, do write about the spelling of peacy)

But, be so kind not to dilute the quality of teaching !

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a person without a degree thinks he is qualified to teach, why not simply get a degree.

After all, that should be easy peacy if you are qualified.

(Oh yes, do write about the spelling of peacy)

But, be so kind not to dilute the quality of teaching !

Quality and teaching are two words rarely linked within the Thai education system,

This seems more like envy than anything. I remember a former marine came here and worked as a bartender, everyone loved him and was having the time of his life working in a very well known bar.

Another guy tried to befriend him and asked to put a good word in so he could work there as well. He said the manager didn't approve as he seemed like an introvert and would not fit in. Not long after, the manager and worker received a visit, as it was obvious that jerk called it in. It was more of an inconvenience, as everything was in order, but that guy was told to stay away from the bar.

Fake degree? Who cares. Just go on with your life.

Maybe if someone with a fake driving licence killed or injured one of your friends or family, you might be playing a different tune. Also I know if I had worked hard to get my degree and someone had theirs given I probably would be a little peeved. And why moan about Thai corruption when its happening in their own ranks?
Splitting hairs? How's an illegal degree the same as an illegal drivers license? Your argument does not hold much weight. When a recipient of an illegal degree physically hurts or kills someone then let me know.

You said my argument does not hold much weight, so it must hold some weight? Either way I am entitled to my opinion and so are you, even though it is idiotic.

Anyone know any schools hiring non degree holders for teaching positions prefer Pattaya or BKK ex Police so not a bad lad but some people might think other wise re police

As a former policeman I am advertising myself as someone who is willing to break the law in a foreign country whilst having previous for imprisoning people for doing the same thing in your own country.

And you wonder why some people hate the police. Clueless.

ACAB.

You don't legally need a degree for non OBEC schools (mainstream). So language schools and universities are exempt from this teaching licence requirement.

Anyone know any schools hiring non degree holders for teaching positions prefer Pattaya or BKK ex Police so not a bad lad but some people might think other wise re police

As a former policeman I am advertising myself as someone who is willing to break the law in a foreign country whilst having previous for imprisoning people for doing the same thing in your own country.

ACAB.

You don't legally need a degree for non OBEC schools (mainstream). So language schools and universities are exempt from this teaching licence requirement.

Sure, but no 'decent' language school or university is going to hire someone who doesn't have a degree.

Eh, degree is pretty much mandatory.

Just to play devils advocate however, I believe technically according to labor law or work permit or whatever, one can only work for the employer who is currently sponsoring your extension of stay. Meaning, that even those with degrees who are working here are breaking the law if they do part-time work elsewhere. I bring this up as I know many people do just that.

I don't think we should be so quick to cast stones at one another.

ACAB.

Sure, but no 'decent' language school or university is going to hire someone who doesn't have a degree.

You were talking about laws.. That's the rules/law. Don't back peddle!

Eh, degree is pretty much mandatory.

Just to play devils advocate however, I believe technically according to labor law or work permit or whatever, one can only work for the employer who is currently sponsoring your extension of stay. Meaning, that even those with degrees who are working here are breaking the law if they do part-time work elsewhere. I bring this up as I know many people do just that.

I don't think we should be so quick to cast stones at one another.

You can have multiple employers on one work permit but they ALL have to agree. And many Labour offices can't be bothered doing the verification legwork.

But you are correct in reference to P/T work for a different employer. Police and immigration tend to turn a blind eye to it though as you possess a WP. But it's still illegal!

A lifetime degree isn't much different to one that was bought at Khao San rd. I know a few guys with a let's say "questionable degree" and a few on a 'lifetime degree."

The only difference is that the lifetime one is a little bit more expensive and yet not really considered as a criminal offense.

I don't know anybody who came to Thailand, planning to forge all sorts of documents, just to live here. The ones I'm on about are all married and have kids.

Not enough money to study for a real degree, too old and not enough money to take them to their country of origin.

I'd rather shoot myself, before I'd even think about reporting them. There're some honest and nice guys and I tend to believe that they aren't happy that they had to go this way. There're not too many other choices to find employment here.

OP, I don't think that all these guys are serious criminals, who deserve to stay in prison, then a deportation

. There're plenty of other people who do quite a lot harm to Thai woman and kids,beat the shit out of their wives/gfs,some might abuse kids, but nobody wants to talk about it.

Please think twice, before you report somebody.

A lifetime degree isn't much different to one that was bought at Khao San rd. I know a few guys with a let's say "questionable degree" and a few on a 'lifetime degree."

The only difference is that the lifetime one is a little bit more expensive and yet not really considered as a criminal offense.

I don't know anybody who came to Thailand, planning to forge all sorts of documents, just to live here. The ones I'm on about are all married and have kids.

Not enough money to study for a real degree, too old and not enough money to take them to their country of origin.

I'd rather shoot myself, before I'd even think about reporting them. There're some honest and nice guys and I tend to believe that they aren't happy that they had to go this way. There're not too many other choices to find employment here.

OP, I don't think that all these guys are serious criminals, who deserve to stay in prison, then a deportation

. There're plenty of other people who do quite a lot harm to Thai woman and kids,beat the shit out of their wives/gfs,some might abuse kids, but nobody wants to talk about it.

Well said Lst. There are indeed plenty of guys that beat the daylights out of their Gfs etc. I've seen it a few times and it's very unsettling to say the least. I intervened once, and I swore never again. Regular guy beating up on his pregnant partner. You know what happened next, so no point in boring you. Suffice to say that, as the shining knight that I was, no one gave a toss! In fact he tried to beat up on me and the gf didn't even try to remonstrate with him. Had the usual onlookers....mouth open in awe. Great days entertainment for them.

Sad day for society when this kind of behaviour goes unchecked. Or how about the gunman in my village? Some owner of a house up the street from me, keeps firing off his damn gun when he's had a few too many ales. Called the police many times, but they won't come out unless I identify the shooter. They meant for me to stand outside the house and point it out.sad.png You know, the one with "Billy the Kid" in it. Eh, I don't think so! That's not going to happen. This isn't a cheap village either, well what I mean is it's gated, security, no dogs etc..... Funny old world init? And then you come to TL! cheesy.gif

I think you are, when all is said and done, correct, LinIsaan. Having thought long and hard about whether or not this is the correct route to go down - I guess it is a step too far and not something I would like to live with.

Let sleeping dogs lie and all that.

Archived