BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonathan Fairfield

'Defrauded by my wife and criminals in Thailand' - BBC special report

Briton Ian Rance believed he had found the prefect place to spend his retirement when he moved to Thailand.

But his life was turned upside down when he discovered his wife of nine years, with whom he had three children, had helped to defraud him of his properties.

Mr Rance told the BBC's Jonathan Head about his fight for justice in a country where he believes the authorities are easily corrupted.

Release date: 18 September 2015

Would you trust Thailand and its people with your retirement savings i sure wouldnt.

Good piece by the BBC in covering this kind of corruption in Thailand.

It is very clear there is no law in this country.

Our dear PM should watch this - he might finally take some action on all this corruption he promise dot get rid off.

Its amazing just how balanced (unbitter) he is about the whole thing -- you get used to reading people ranting on here about the loss of half of a 2nd hand car when their marriage & relationship with their children is falling apart.

I do hope that shinning the spotlight on it once again (his case has been aired here before ---links to YouTube etc) gives him some help.

I have mentioned it before---its not fool proof but where are your (ownership papers) Chanuk--- its a lot more difficult to be cheated if they are in a safe deposit box, (or even with a friend)

It means new papers have to be applied for at land office----the loss has to be reported to the police--affidavit signed at land office .....etc ...etc.

Had the same thing happen to me. Two children.married 15 years. Trumped up some charges. Got me arrested and put in prison for nothing. Couldn't bail out because lawyers kept stealing the bail money. While she and her family stole and sold everything I owned. That's highly illegal in any country. But no arrests yet....

Nothing we do not already know about the authorities - only hope this video does viral for the world to see

Look at him, look at her.

Everyone can see what's gonna happen ........ except him.

Question from interviewer, "What would you say to people that want to come here?"

Answer from me, "Don't marry a woman 1/3 your weight and 1/2 your age and expect her to love you or be trustworthy"

This isn't rocket science.

found girl same age as you guys and not from pattaya or bar !!!!!!

Its amazing just how balanced (unbitter) he is about the whole thing -- you get used to reading people ranting on here about the loss of half of a 2nd hand car when their marriage & relationship with their children is falling apart.

I do hope that shinning the spotlight on it once again (his case has been aired here before ---links to YouTube etc) gives him some help.

I have mentioned it before---its not fool proof but where are your (ownership papers) Chanuk--- its a lot more difficult to be cheated if they are in a safe deposit box, (or even with a friend)

It means new papers have to be applied for at land office----the loss has to be reported to the police--affidavit signed at land office .....etc ...etc.

Was thinking the same thing. He sure knows how to take life's injustices in a good way.

Meanwhile on the opposite (Gulf) coast a court has discontinued proceedings in a case where a lawyer plundered the account of a deceased foreigner in league with a local slapper who also managed to hijack his funeral. Dave Allen or the Pythons could not have made this up!

Reason #842 never to buy property in Thailand.

husband: "honey, what as that just now on the BBC? I thought I saw Thailand."

wife:'"oh nothing, darling, I was just looking different channels. Here is today's F1 race."

husband" "love you,"

wife. "love you. i go visit "bother" now. see you later."

Just another example of never buying property in Thailand and never Invest any Money in anything here ...

criminal energy is not only in Thailand, happened around the World

Oh God, one of those ... gigglem.gifgigglem.gifgigglem.gif

You have one guess why this is called thaivisa and not worldvisa and oh, yes it happen everywhere just not at this frequency ...