retirement extension jomtien.

Will be doing my retirement extension at Jomtien in the new year.I rent my house and a copy of my rental agreement has sufficed as proof of address but since there have been reports of some offices requiring copies of landlords id and tabian baan has anyone had experience of Jomtien wanting this?

• 2 weeks later...

I just like to be as prepared as possible..I know things could change again before then : )

And lo and behold,now there is talk about needing your landlord to fill in form TM30.Don't think mine will give me too many problems but I can see this being problematic for some people.The onus should not be on us in a situation that is potentially beyond our control.

When I recently got my Non-Imm O visa based on retirement I had to submit copies of my house owners Tabien Ban and ID card. The IO was adamant that this was a new requirement. She also took great pains to inform me that when I came back to apply for my 1 year retirement extension I would need to bring those same copies again along with all the other usual documents. This was at Jomtien immigration.

A question that I have which nobody has been able to answer is if there are new requirements when you both own and live in your own condo, owned in your foreign name?

Previously I have only submitted a phone bill as proof of residence.

Long ago, they used to occasionally ask if I own my condo and said yes but they haven't asked for YEARS now.

When I recently got my Non-Imm O visa based on retirement I had to submit copies of my house owners Tabien Ban and ID card. The IO was adamant that this was a new requirement. She also took great pains to inform me that when I came back to apply for my 1 year retirement extension I would need to bring those same copies again along with all the other usual documents. This was at Jomtien immigration.

Thanks,maybe we will need a TM30 filled in by our landlord as well.Going down Jomtien 2morrow to see if I can confirm all this,

Thanks,maybe we will need a TM30 filled in by our landlord as well.Going down Jomtien 2morrow to see if I can confirm all this,

Let me save you a trip YES you will need one.

Thanx pal....god knows what anyone can do if their landlord is uncooperative.

Did mine in august needed one then as well as house book and I'D card of condo owner he refused to givee copies of house book and claimed TM 30 was my responsibility told immigration ladies this she asked me to ring him and she spoke to him quite loudly for several minutes. Told me to wait on chairs in lobby 5 mins later she came out and said all done. He emailed the said documents straight to her. And people say immigration officers don't help???

Must add this was for my first application for non o and based on retirement extension.

Edited by Sutty
  • Like 1

Did mine in august needed one then as well as house book and I'D card of condo owner he refused to givee copies of house book and claimed TM 30 was my responsibility told immigration ladies this she asked me to ring him and she spoke to him quite loudly for several minutes. Told me to wait on chairs in lobby 5 mins later she came out and said all done. He emailed the said documents straight to her. And people say immigration officers don't help???

Must add this was for my first application for non o and based on retirement extension.

Nice to hear.

Thanx pal....god knows what anyone can do if their landlord is uncooperative.

Like my landlord - totally ignored requests to do this so technically I have to go and do it myself. I haven't bothered though, if they ever fine me I'm taking it out of the rent.