Help me plan my itinerary

wellred

Hi folks,

So I've got 6 nights in Chiang Mai in January and would like to see some places I didn't get to see last time. One of the days will most likely be taken up at an Elephant camp. I'm not sure which one yet but most likely Patara or Chai Lai Orchid.

In terms of seeing the places listed below do you think most hotels will be able to organise transport to visit them? I don't mind being in a group but if I'm not ripped off I wouldn't mind maybe hiring a driver for the day. If I go for the latter will hotels know of some drivers or is it a case of taking a chance with a driver parked up outside the hotel? If anyone here knows a driver feel free to recommend them. If they are good and reasonably priced then I'd be happy to use them for 3-4 days.

Finally in terms of national parks or other outdoorsy places are there any other things that are worth seeing? The only requirement would be that it that would suitable as a day trip from chiang mai.

Thanks in advance

Doi Inthanon National Park

Khun Chae National Park

Huay Nam Dang National Park

Doi Mon Jam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before the animal rights people get here with invective, is there anyone in CM who can recommend a camp that uses tolerant breeding, training and accommodation practices.

It is so much better to see them in the wild ,but you would have to go to Africa for that awesome experience. Seeing a troup of elephants 80 strong with straggling toddlers cross your path 200 metres away beats the cr@p out of riding one or watching it paint flowers.

Archived