Good News: Parts of Thai-Cambo border back open for some Out/In stamps

Good News: Parts of Thai-Cambo border back open for some Out/In stamps

br4.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Thaivisa.com understands that Immigration officials at some checkpoints on the Thai-Cambodian border are starting to issue some Out/In stamps.

This latest update comes via Thaivisaservice.com who told Thaivisa.com that Immigration officials at Ban Laem/Daun Lem, Ban Pakard/Phsa Prum and Aranyaprathet/Poipet will allow Out/In stamps for “Westerners/Japanese/Russians” in possession of a valid double/triple tourist visa or multiple non immigrant visa.

However, people from ASEAN nations even with valid visas are still not be issued Out/In stamps.

Out/In stamps for visa exempt entries are still not permitted for any nationality.

There is no update from the Phu Nam Ron border in Kanchanaburi.

Last week, officials from Immigration Division 3, which includes the border checkpoints mentioned above, suddenly stopped issuing Out/In stamps, even for those people with multiple entry tourist or non immigrant visas.

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-22

RELATED:

Update 1: Thai-Cambo border check points closed to visa runners with immediate effect

Update 2: Bomber blame game sees Thailand immigration abruptly change visa rules

Update 3: Thai Immigration launches 'new' crackdown on visa runners

Update 4: Thai visa run crackdown: Latest update from Thai/Cambo border

Update 5: Thai-Malaysia border remains open for visa runs

The income stream is suffering. I knew this "crackdown" would wilt in pretty short order. Back to business as usual.

Absolutely. Also gotta figure that the Cambodian authorities were none too impressed with this little stunt- cut into their visa issuance revenue too.

Hopefully out-in stamps for ASEAN citizens will resume soon.

I don't think it will go back to the same as before for visa exempt entries. I think there will be serious restrictions on doing them back to back.

You may well be right. If so, I would imagine huge numbers will go under the radar as Laotians can live in Thailand fairly inconspicuously unless they are working in visible industries. My Laotian extended family number over 30 people, most of whom "live" in Thailand. The ones who are concerned about being legal have always done out-in border runs every 30 days, but if they can no longer do so, the option of being illegal is likely to be preferable to returning to Laos! My partner made a one night trip back to Laos last week, and when her 30 days expires I guess she'll have to do the same, if the Cambodian border run is not an option. It doesn't make it easy as we have a 6-month old son!

I don't think it will go back to the same as before for visa exempt entries. I think there will be serious restrictions on doing them back to back.

do you think it will spread to all borders?

do you think it will spread to all borders?

For Laotians there has been a report of some being denied entry at Nong Khai. Not enough info to confirm the reason. It has been suggested they spend a night in Laos if they are leaving here to get a new entry.

Yes I have a OA multiple entry and want to do a in/out just to have my one year permit of stay before the anniversary of my visa obtained in thai embassy on october 9th 2014.. Plan to go there on october 6th, as I have postponed due to the last news saying it was no more possible

Have a nice day

The income stream is suffering. I knew this "crackdown" would wilt in pretty short order. Back to business as usual.

What about Turkish nationals? Do they count as Westerners?

What income stream would that be?Those foolish enough to pay extra deserve to be ripped for being dumb.

I was down at Ban Laem yesterday for my 3 month multiple entry visa , i went across with my Thai wife (i am British) bought a little duty free ,not over the limit , all went very smoothly , no problem , on the way back at the 1 st army check point , i was asked to pull over and my truck was searched , from top to bottom , as i was within the legal limit there was no problem . I have travelled the border runs for 12 years and this is the 1 st time i have been stoped and searched .is this something new or have i been lucky in the past .

I have travelled the border runs for 12 years and this is the 1 st time i have been stoped and searched .is this something new or have i been lucky in the past .

Consider that no foreigner authored major terror attack had happened in the last 12 years before now.

Edited by paz