Good News: Parts of Thai-Cambo border back open for some Out/In stamps

UPDATE

Further good news, Thai-Immigration at Thai-Cambodia will stamp in/out all nationalities with valid visa, still no 15/30day visa exempt. Can not comment on Kanchanaburi.

Also informed that the Nong Khai crossing is allowing out/in visa exempt crossings for farangs and Laotians.

Also this update on Thai Visa Service's website.

"Update 24th September 2015 @08:00am.

Daily Visa Run Bangkok to Ban Laem will restart on Sunday 27th
September @ 05:00 am for people with valid double/triple Tourist or
valid multiple Non Immigrant Viva. For the time being still no 15/30
day visa exempt possible."

I was down at Ban Laem yesterday for my 3 month multiple entry visa , i went across with my Thai wife (i am British) bought a little duty free ,not over the limit , all went very smoothly , no problem , on the way back at the 1 st army check point , i was asked to pull over and my truck was searched , from top to bottom , as i was within the legal limit there was no problem . I have travelled the border runs for 12 years and this is the 1 st time i have been stoped and searched .is this something new or have i been lucky in the past .

Ranger/ Black Soldiers/ Tahan Phran about 1km from border or the Army Check Point further down the road?

The Ranger check point will check your car only when they get a signal from someone at border.

The Army check point, in place since the coup, is supposed the check all vehicles coming from border.

Still no good news for Laotians who want to do a 30 day visa exempt run to the Cambodian border.

Nothing yet. As I wrote before I don't think it will be be the same as before. As soon as I get news about them I will post it.

For now it may just be runs to Laos. They apparently have dropped the overnight requirement.

• Like 1

UPDATE

Report here that the crossing to at Khachaturian is open for a out/in if you have a visa to use for entry. Still no visa exempt out/in's. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/858739-kanchanaburi-border-reopen/#entry9902020

Edit: Just got further confirmation from Thai Visa Services.

Immigration from Kanchanaburi called us last night and

informed us that they stamp Westerners, Japanese n Russian, but no
ASEAN even with valid visa. And no OUT/IN.visa exempt.