Chiang Mai Short Term Rental

lotus eater

I'm trying to pin down a 1 month rental, almost any time in the next 2 months, in the 9 000-14 000 baht/month range, that'll give me a kitchenette, separate bedroom (or a huge studio room) and internet in the room on my laptop. Those are the essentials - any other positives will be appreciated but are secondary. It can be out of the city - within a 15 minute drive.

I'd really like to settle on something now while I'm at leisure with a fast broadband connexion, before I leave for Thailand. In several hours of searching, emailing etc over the last 10 days I've narrowed it to Flora House, Huay Kaew Res. and Galare Thong Tower (don't see a kitchen in this one) as a close fit.

Can I improve on these? Is one of them clearly the best of the three? (Never been to Chiang Mai myself.)

Is october-december going to be difficult for rooms? (I read something about a flower festival; and one place Vuangbai mansions were fully booked for the whole period.) Or can I safely take my chances on the three I mentioned and assume I can turn up and be sure of getting in one of them - or perhaps someone's better suggestion.

Would really appreciate help.