Confirmed: New multiple entry tourist visa for Thailand available from November

webfact

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds to me very similar to the current triple-entry tourist visa, except it costs 2000 Baht more and has multiple entries not 3 entries.

One major issue with the triple entry tourist visa is that (for Brits at least) you can only get one in the UK.

For me having to fly to the UK just to get a new visa makes the triple entry too damned expensive.

Of course I am presuming that you'll be able to get this new visa at any consulate around Asia.

Thanks but that mean every 60 days need to make border run ?

So your 10 year UK passport will last 3 years1 page and half used every 60 days. FANTASTIC NOT

Not quite,,, A dbl entry tourist visa, takes a single page,, then the exit/entries/extension stamps during that 6 months,, maybe another,, so pretty much 2, or the 1.5 you mentioned,,,, I don't know about UK passports,,, but USA passports come in "normal" amount of pages,, and double amount of pages,, And then pages can be added,, My old US passport, from 2002,, was a, "normal" one,,, back in about 08,, I had the US embassy here,, add pages,, actually DOUBLE,, you fill out a single form for each multi-page additions, and pay a seperate fee for each,,,, I asked at the time, "Can I add 3 sets?'' they said, "yes,, but it's a bit, "frowned" upon,,, So I had double added,,, It expired in 2012,,, so got a new one at US embassy here,, and got the "larger" one,, Which,,, if there's enough time left on it, prior to expiration,, can also have pages added to,,,,

This new visa appears to have only one advantage, 3 entries in 6 months vs. 2. But it's a lot more expensive. It seems like a very minor aka petty improvement. One wonders whether two of these can be used back-to-back, then once again. Or if this one visa establishes a 6 month-per-year limit on stays.

In the current climate I'd expect the latter.

Thanks but that mean every 60 days need to make border run ?

So your 10 year UK passport will last 3 years1 page and half used every 60 days. FANTASTIC NOT

Not quite,,, A dbl entry tourist visa, takes a single page,, then the exit/entries/extension stamps during that 6 months,, maybe another,, so pretty much 2, or the 1.5 you mentioned,,,, I don't know about UK passports,,, but USA passports come in "normal" amount of pages,, and double amount of pages,, And then pages can be added,, My old US passport, from 2002,, was a, "normal" one,,, back in about 08,, I had the US embassy here,, add pages,, actually DOUBLE,, you fill out a single form for each multi-page additions, and pay a seperate fee for each,,,, I asked at the time, "Can I add 3 sets?'' they said, "yes,, but it's a bit, "frowned" upon,,, So I had double added,,, It expired in 2012,,, so got a new one at US embassy here,, and got the "larger" one,, Which,,, if there's enough time left on it, prior to expiration,, can also have pages added to,,,,

Yes Quite true-----UK no buying of extra pages--------10 year passport 46 pages--------work it out. this is not including any other trips made to nearby countries for visits.... I get the correct visa required for a long stay and am penalised for it.

I can just go to Laos and get a visa for 2000 baht double entry.

save 3000 baht and get to travel at the same time and enjoy the best beer in the region in one of the most peaceful and relaxing countries

Because it's multi entry it benefits those travellers that do alot of country hopping.

This new visa appears to have only one advantage, 3 entries in 6 months vs. 2. But it's a lot more expensive. It seems like a very minor aka petty improvement. One wonders whether two of these can be used back-to-back, then once again. Or if this one visa establishes a 6 month-per-year limit on stays.

In the current climate I'd expect the latter.

i am wondering about this, too. How will my previous tourist visas be seen as when applying for this visa.

I'd think for long term stayers the issue is the expiry date.

If 6 months, it allows nearly 9 months stay-

2 entries extended then go out and back in again just before the six month deadline is up.

still a more expensive option but, of course its better than a triple entry with a 3 month use by date..which is pretty much useless for a long termer.

Lets just hope that this is an option..NOT a replacement of an existing visa (double entry)..then we would really hear some crowing!

Thai Immigration needs to completely drop the word 'Tourist' from any visa classifications. It is arcane and in this day and age, totally redundant. Most countries subscribe to a non-immigrant "Visitor" visa and sub-categories for business, investor, education, work, etc.. Clinging to this 'Tourist' label shows how myopic their whole view on the rapidly changing, totally dynamic nature of international travel and migration.

It would also serve to shut down the noisome debates that erupt frequently on TV between the pontifical over-50's that qualify for some form of domicile here and the younger, more mobile traveler, squatter, digital pikey, who can't retire, don't want to get married, invest or pay taxes, etc..

wow, that's a classic - generalizing about "pontifical over-50s" - seems like you're doing a fine job of pontificating yourself! So can we assume you're under 50?

So, based on this brief announcement:

--MFA isn't saying WHERE these will be available from, or any restrictions pertaining to that. Have to apply in your home country, or can apply at any Thai Embassy or Consulate? Will all of them be offering it? What about the many honorary consulates in the U.S.?

--What, if any, restrictions are going to be set for people making repeat / back to back use of this new visa type?

When those questions are answered, the reality of this new visa type will be more clear.

These rules are inflexible.

Are you the judge if I am a tourist or not?

I just want to stay in TH and stay at the beach/eat great food and live in peace until I die.

Am I a tourist according to you?

If so: Give me a tourist visa for the rest of my life.

Officially I am retied but I can't get a retirement visa in TH since they have a strange age rule.

Why won't TH government do exemptions for people who can prove that they are retired?

I personally bring in 1.2-1.5 million THB to the thai economy. I think that is better for TH than some tourist.

Imagine if TH scares away 1000 people like me. That is an impact of 150 million THB.

TH should see us as an asset. Not "evil people" who really are not "tourists".

I am in an almost identical position as you. I'd just like them to define how much they want to see as income from outside the country, or what I should keep on reserve. If it gets troublesome then I'll apply for Elite visa, but something just narks me about giving money away for the privilege of bringing in money.

this visa is good for people who travel a lot and not stay in Thai for the longer of the visa

i just counting 5000b visa and after 60 day 1900b that mean 90 day after border run 1500b minimum for hotel ; bus visa , again 60 day and again 1900b 30 day that mean 6 month u use 10 300 B whistling.gifwhistling.gif

The 3-entry tourist visa disappeared from many countries long ago. You're lucky ti still be able to get one.

I get my triple-entry tourist visa from the Liverpool Thai consulate every six months. Believe me, it is still very much alive.

It's what I said: You are luck because you are from UK where you can still get 3-entry tourist visa

Try France, Spain or Italy : no more such visa. The best you can get is a 2-entry visa.

I can just go to Laos and get a visa for 2000 baht double entry.

save 3000 baht and get to travel at the same time and enjoy the best beer in the region in one of the most peaceful and relaxing countries

Because it's multi entry it benefits those travellers that do alot of country hopping.

people who do a lot of country hopping can use 30 day stamps

Hopefully more details will come out shortly as to the requirements to apply for it.

But I would not expect to be able to apply for one on the 13th of November at an embassy or consulate. I think it will take awhile before that can be done.

Can you please explain me how is this new ( proposed ) type deferent from previous one?

Archived