Thai gf visa app to go to USA denied, have some questions..

@3BJ,

Interestingly after about 1 month being back here in the states I was tracked down by a former colleague friend of mine and they wanted me to join his start up company. After a long discussion, we decided to stay and that became another entire process to become naturalized. We got married and started the process for her to stay. The pressure was on us to show there was no intent to emigrate here and this entire thing was a scam. That process is a thread all by itself. I learned a ton of invaluable information about the process.

If you ever start a thread on that please let us know. sounds interesting smile.png

@3BJ,

Interestingly after about 1 month being back here in the states I was tracked down by a former colleague friend of mine and they wanted me to join his start up company. After a long discussion, we decided to stay and that became another entire process to become naturalized. We got married and started the process for her to stay. The pressure was on us to show there was no intent to emigrate here and this entire thing was a scam. That process is a thread all by itself. I learned a ton of invaluable information about the process.

If you ever start a thread on that please let us know. sounds interesting smile.png

If It would help others I would be glad too. We are in the last stages now then we can go about our grand plan.

Probably just got caught in the 'lie' regarding her name. Not saying this is true in your case, but an awful lot of people change their names here for 'luck' or 'magic/voodoo'-esque b.s. reasons (and of course there is then the group who do so because they think it allows them to escape bad credit).... and then they couple that with a lack of basic organizational skills to keep track of said paperwork. Then when it comes time to do anything official with the government or with foreign governments, they are kind of effed because it looks like they are hiding something.

Again Good Luck. in the end, while I do not have specific numbers, I suspect the applicant denied % is probably very high. I saw WAY more coming out upset, angry and even crying versus the handful I saw come out happy and ready to go.

Surpisingly, the B visa refusal rate for Thailand is only about 10% (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/statistics/non-immigrant-visas.html). However, that is overall, so once you start pulling out the obvious approvals for things like business sponsored visas, people re-applying after expiration, etc, the refusal rate will be higher for the remainder.

Well the OP himself is a bit sketchy, with being here 2.5 years on a tourist visa ( Are you really a tourist after being here 2.5 years?) and working online (illegally). OP should have his own company, a work permit while paying taxes and that would make him look a lot more credible.

• Like 2

Again Good Luck. in the end, while I do not have specific numbers, I suspect the applicant denied % is probably very high. I saw WAY more coming out upset, angry and even crying versus the handful I saw come out happy and ready to go.

Surpisingly, the B visa refusal rate for Thailand is only about 10% (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/statistics/non-immigrant-visas.html). However, that is overall, so once you start pulling out the obvious approvals for things like business sponsored visas, people re-applying after expiration, etc, the refusal rate will be higher for the remainder.

That is probably accurate Vaultdweller. I arrived in Thailand with a B Visa but it was all taken care of by my company prior to me moving to Thailand. However it did not stop my 90 day leaving the country requirement. I was driven to the border in the company van for the stamp and back to work. When we brought Thai production operators over to the US to train it was all taken care of quickly and no one ever got denied. Of course a B Visa is very explicit and tied to employment. A Tourist Visa(which the OP's GF was denied) is quite open and I would suspect comes under heavier scrutiny during the interview process.

Being I lived on Wireless road in BKK I was very close to the US consulate and used to see the line outside as I walked to go shopping at the Topps market. It was always interesting to see the people in line. If you were profiling you could screen quite a few and save them the effort.

Back to the OP, It is not easy to get a tourist Visa to come to the US. My GF at the time went to numerous Thai based forums researching it prior to applying and there were literally hundreds of threads of people denied. Initially she was very nervous about it.

Later after we got married here in the states and got her Greencard there are still lots of constraints. Once you apply for naturalization you surrender the 10 year Tourist Visa and if something goes wrong during the Greencard process or you do not adhere to the rules it can be revoked and the individual cannot ever reapply for a tourist Visa as the intention to emigrate is on file. So it is done meaning she cannot visit the US again(of course getting married in the US gives you some additional avenues but its a long arduous path). So once you commit to the Greencard to naturalization process stick with it until done. We are 3 months away from my wife taking the oath to becoming a US citizen.

Like I said my wife and I learned a ton doing this process by ourselves. You can hire an immigration attorney but they will bleed you dry IMHO. They make it sound so clean and easy. Its not. When we went on the initial Greencard interview there were people with multiple immigration attorneys in tow. None of that can be cheap and the clients looked stressed and frustrated.

Keep us posted OP on the next go round if you decide to try it again.

• Like 2

once you become a green card holder or a USA citizen you become a slave of the US system. banks will kick you out, you need to file w9 forms and a ton of papers , you need to comply with Obama care, you need to file fbar report, and you can not travel freely. you can even been killed by extremist, kidnapped, arrested by irs if you don't file your tax on time , whatever... and you must pay over 50 percent of tax to your uncle Sam and when shit happen to you , don't expect any help from the federal government. they prefer send guys to jail.

some want leave the USA forever, they can not. they are slave because born in the USA.

say thank you to the US embassy to not give you a visa and have a happy life in Thailand.

try Norway instead. :), they have oil too.

Edited by VIPinthailand

My gf was also recently denied along with her pre-teen daughter. The supposed reason, she didn't convince the interviewer she intended to return to Thailand. The interviewer did not even look at her packet of documents which included two chenotes for property she owns, one a nice home and the second a producing farm as well as tax records and utility bill records. We have a friend who has been denied four times for unknown reasons. Not being able to attend the interview and assist it is understandable she was intimidated by the process and unable to fully verbalize our intent.

DLClark

Did your GF have anything with her for the interview about YOUR status in Thailand? Working, retired, etc? YOUR bank accounts, vehicle, anything?

This is often a major point, that of the AmCit boyfriend/husband's status in Thailand, and his intent to return. The presumption being that the GF will return with him.

Mac

• Like 1

I will answer straight to you. don't be upset, I know what they think in US embassies.

she has been denied because she looks like a bar girl, has tatooes... whatever.

she has no babies who stay in Thailand, and you work on line, yeah sure....digital nomads, they don't like so much.

she has no real intention to come back.

for the USA you are the perfect idiot to fall in love of a thai lady, and once you both are in America first thing you do is to get married...

yeah yeah you think I talk bs, right? but why do you want present your girl to your parents. marriage, sex, boom boom, then she will call for her parents to come to live the American dream... then cousins. like Mexicans.

reapply if you want, they will deny you.

best for you is to apply for a K1 visa.

Speaking from very close experience you may have had ?

My gf was also recently denied along with her pre-teen daughter. The supposed reason, she didn't convince the interviewer she intended to return to Thailand. The interviewer did not even look at her packet of documents which included two chenotes for property she owns, one a nice home and the second a producing farm as well as tax records and utility bill records. We have a friend who has been denied four times for unknown reasons. Not being able to attend the interview and assist it is understandable she was intimidated by the process and unable to fully verbalize our intent.

One thing I have learned is when its a relationship and not married they will look at the "Sponsors" information as well.. If you are unemployed and here in Thailand on an AO Visa it might bode well because you will likely return and the GF will return back with you. If it shows other they might think its a path to never return. Again I had mentioned before, having a chanote, a car, etc is not a shoe in. They know because they are Thai and that the Chanote was passed off to them as most daughters get the chanote very early from the parents. So they presume based on her age that they know the parent(s) are still living there. The car is the car. The daughter coming along was probably the deal breaker IMHO. Had the daughter been staying in Thailand it probably would have gone OK (maybe). It was likely a combo of your status as the sponsor and her daughter coming along.

The interviewers are quite keen to the scammers and sadly some time the people on the up and up get whacked.. btw dlclark97, I am in no way saying that you are a scammer, its a general reference. The interviewers look for things.

For us...it was that I had no address in the USA, since 1995. (Yes ..20 years straight living in southeast asia). They also asked why I did not work (unusual, as I am retired military with some disability). We were told I needed an address in the USA for six months, and could reapply. My income is enough, and my wife is self sustaining..(owns property/car/business...and has a daughter in college ).

Worked out for the best, as I am waiting for my son's documents to be completed (in the Philippines). I will travel with him and setup a home in the USA until he obtains employment. The home will be leased in my name. Once he is stable, I can fly back to Thailand and apply for a tourist visa. Surprisingly, my (live-in "wife" of 5 years) has done her research, and is not thrilled with living in Oregon. Her married friends all want to come back here and live in Thailand. Her two daughters live here.. We save a bunch of money, and can live very well. My social security will start in two years....and we will have bought/paid for...all our requirements by then (debt free with 3500 usd a month). It is quite an adventure.

The US Embassy actually did us a favor, by turning her down. The exchange rate went from 29 to 36 since her refusal..and all the negative news in the USA has really turned us off. Her friends in farangland are soooooooo envious that she can stay and live with me here (for now).

Just wanted to say....sounds like your income/job description ...did not cut it. Perhaps she had applied for a visa recently with another guy? My guess is that she sounded vague, and they figured you wanted to marry her there.