The What Bar

Ed.Lee

Looks really nice from what I have seen. Located on Loy Kroh road opposite Angel travel 'The What Bar' has its official opening on the 29th September. They are doing a range of foods, I have seen the menu and it all looks really good, I hear the chef is very good to, everything from Burgers to Smoked Salmon being prepared in house.

The owners are an English guy 'Steve' and his Thai Girl 'Thum', nice folks and both determined to make a place which is relaxed, secure and enjoyable to be, meet friends, eat and drink. I wish them lots and lots of luck and good times here in Chiang Mai.

Maybe something a little different from the usual bars on Loy Kroh will be a nice change.

Like I said, opening Tomorrow evening (29th Sep), Will see you guys there if you make it.

I'll post back and review the food etc this weekend.

Blessings to all.

> Loy Kroh relaxed...well if thats what you call relaxed...I have a

> different memory painted in my mind..

Geography lesson: Loi Kroh goes on all the way past the Night Bazar to the river. The area that you are probably referring to is betwen the moat and soi 1. (200 meters?) Beyond that there are already quite a number of decent bars.

Keep walking next time. :o

Popped in last night and it was clean and well presented but not really any different from some of the other bars in the area. Good luck to Steve and Thum in their venture but I think it will struggle in much the same way as the other similar bars along the road. Time will tell.

It was a good opening night for them for sure.

My wife and I had a nice evening.

lopburiguy, no mate I dont work in advertising thankfully *smile.

I think they will do well, they have a nice place and I wish them luck. If your down that way stick your head in and take a look, personally I think it has a certain charm.

Not an easy business running a bar and restaurant, especially on Loy Kroh but they are certainly working at making the place relaxed, safe and enjoyable to be in, so good luck to them.

The rest as they say is down to personal choice.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Blessings to all.

It was a good opening night for them for sure.

My wife and I had a nice evening.

lopburiguy, no mate I dont work in advertising thankfully *smile.

I think they will do well, they have a nice place and I wish them luck. If your down that way stick your head in and take a look, personally I think it has a certain charm.

Not an easy business running a bar and restaurant, especially on Loy Kroh but they are certainly working at making the place relaxed, safe and enjoyable to be in, so good luck to them.

The rest as they say is down to personal choice.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Blessings to all.

This thread has all the aura of a paid political announcement..... Mr. Ed, if you have an interest, say so, and invite us all down like Thai Pauly did when he had his establishment...... If not , look at some of the many other places along Loi Kroi and give us a write up on them also... Don't hide behind a screen, we are all one big happy family ?????

On thinking about the last sentence...... :o:D

Ed.Lee's place doesn't seem much different from all the other bars in that area, but the more the better in my book. :o

Agreed Ulysses. :D The more the better so as not too far in the future each imbiber will have their own private bar with 3-4 (or more) staff to take care of them.

Ed.Lee's place doesn't seem much different from all the other bars in that area, but the more the better in my book. :o

Agreed Ulysses. :D The more the better so as not too far in the future each imbiber will have their own private bar with 3-4 (or more) staff to take care of them.

Great minds think alike. :D