Thai Customs seize 7 milion baht worth of contraband from parcels and air freights

webfact

Customs seize 7 million baht worth of contraband from parcels and air freights

1911-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Customs officials have seized more than seven million baht worth of illicit drugs, sex toys, sex stimulation medicines and old motorcycle frames sent to Thailand through parcel boxes and air freights at Suvarnabhumi international airport.

Mr Prayut Maneechote, director of Bangkok customs office, said all the contraband were seized after customs officials opened up several air freights and parcels sent from abroad through the airport.

The seized contraband include 671 kgs of Khat, a kind of leaves with addictive quality native to Africa and the Middle East.

Fresh Khat leaves contain cathinone substance, if consumed, can cause hallucination. It is popular among foreigners.

Possession of Khat for sale is liable to imprisonment from 5-20 years and a fine of between 100,000-400,000 baht or both and imprisonment from 1-5 years and/or a fine between 20,000-100,000 baht In possession of the drug for consumption.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/customs-seize-7-milion-baht-worth-of-contraband-from-parcels-and-air-freights

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-23

Fresh Khat leaves contain cathinone substance, if consumed, can cause hallucination. It is popular among foreigners.

Ah yes, those pesky foreigners ... Its popular in Middle East and East Africa, esp. Somalia (thats why somalis are impossible to integrate) but what would a thai know about the World ... Nothing I guess ...

Meanwhile in Thailand thousands of Youngsters use yabba on a daily basis and compared to Khat is way more dangerous but again, the knowledge here is minimal ... gigglem.gif

Ah yes, those pesky foreigners ... Its popular in Middle East and East Africa, esp. Somalia (thats why somalis are impossible to integrate) but what would a thai know about the World ... Nothing I guess ...

Meanwhile in Thailand thousands of Youngsters use yabba on a daily basis and compared to Khat is way more dangerous but again, the knowledge here is minimal ... gigglem.gif

Don't ever use knowledge when discussing "to know or understand" in Thailand - no compatibility what-so-ever..

The import rules on cars and motorcycles changed last year and its much harder now ,

before you took the motorbike apart , sent the pieces in a few containers and then put them back together in Thailand, the frames could have been the missing "parts" that did not get through customs when the law changed

" Fresh Khat leaves contain cathinone substance, if consumed, can cause hallucination. It is popular among foreigners. "

And yaba which means drug + mad is popular among thai citizens ;

which one is the most dangerous ?

Qat is consumed daily by millions in Yemen, Somalia, Ethiopia, Sudan and the northern part of Kenya.

how many foreigners in these countries? cheesy.gif

Hey if they caught any drugs, and other stuff, such as old motorcycle frames, stuffed with drugs, perhaps, the

the bust was a good thing. I agree that I have seen some foreign cars in Thailand, that maybe were brought

in and are running around, without the proper price being charged, but what the heck, that kind of thing

goes on in other places as well. Glad to see this kind of news, and the old roller running over illegal cds, and cassettes

and vdos as well when the police make a raid on some shop, and then crush the illegal products in a

photo op. Life goes on.

Made my day thanks for your comments!

I once had a blow-up doll with burkha.

That could be dangerous, never know what is lurking under the burkha, it could be a real blow up doll.

Mt thoughts exactly now I always look carefully at black bags/rubbish sacks etc.............what lurks beneath etc.

Archived