Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2015-16

SantiSuk

Well it had to come did it not? With a nod to naboo for the title.

Is Steve McLaren still in a job? Maybe not when he wakes up.

{they lost to Wednesday in the Milk Cup - nothing so bleak as a Geordie wind when the Magpies can't stop roosting}

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klopp has hinted he will be going to Bayern Munich, which means Guardiola will be going to ....??

To Bayern only over my dead body. That would be more painful than when götze went to Bayern.

I think klopp will go England...but not as said previously to a someone "who has the best squad in place"...the overall package has to be right. Hmmmm, Liverpool isn't doing to well right now.

If the steaming rolling rumour mill is correct, Rodgers is the man on the block. Apparently, the decision was made before last night. Again rumour, but gathering pace.

oh really? where did that come from? barcodes won't sack mclaren yet. advocaat is a massive fraud though.

Rodgers for me....just because he looks most like a rabbit.

do you mean literally looks like a rabbit or metaphorically looks like a rabbit in car headlights? the latter i could see. the former not so much. steve mclaren however looks like a ruddy-faced bald stoat with a shredded wheat balanced on its head.

do you mean literally looks like a rabbit or metaphorically looks like a rabbit in car headlights? the latter i could see. the former not so much. steve mclaren however looks like a ruddy-faced bald stoat with a shredded wheat balanced on its head.

Latter mate...but 18 months ago he was a smug git...funny I thought he might have been your next great manager but he lost the plot early.

Latter mate...but 18 months ago he was a smug git...funny I thought he might have been your next great manager but he lost the plot early.

he was never experienced enough. had the great season in 13/14 with suarez, sturridge and sterling running riot, gerrard's salad days, since then he's just looked like what he is, a young manager who has never won anything. about the same age as benitez was when he got the job but rafa had won 2 la ligas and a uefa cup already. brendan doesn't know how to win, doesn't know what it feels like, doesn't know what to do. i don't dislike the guy really but he's way out of his depth for what liverpool needs now. not sure the owners agree with me though.

Surely can't be long before he loses the dressing room - then the owners have to move.

Unfortunately your neighbours have already snaffled what is probably the best manager around that fits the needs of a private equity brief to find goodnotexpensive/develop/sell.

I hope for the sake of a great club, that most football lovers outside Manchester have a soft spot for, that they somehow hit pay dirt or have some other need to sell-out. IF I was PM I would be having a quiet word in someones shell-like!

If the steaming rolling rumour mill is correct, Rodgers is the man on the block. Apparently, the decision was made before last night. Again rumour, but gathering pace.

oh really? where did that come from? barcodes won't sack mclaren yet. advocaat is a massive fraud though.

Beecroft on talksport yesterday

Surely can't be long before he loses the dressing room - then the owners have to move.

Unfortunately your neighbours have already snaffled what is probably the best manager around that fits the needs of a private equity brief to find goodnotexpensive/develop/sell.

I hope for the sake of a great club, that most football lovers outside Manchester have a soft spot for, that they somehow hit pay dirt or have some other need to sell-out. IF I was PM I would be having a quiet word in someones shell-like!

I was chatting to my dad about that last night, in hindsight Martinez might have been the better option.

I was chatting to my dad about that last night, in hindsight Martinez might have been the better option.

mental thought isn't it?

there seems to be some momentum around michael edwards being the most influential guy at the club at the moment. he's the one who appears to be behind the club not approaching klopp. which would be worrying.

mental thought isn't it?

there seems to be some momentum around michael edwards being the most influential guy at the club at the moment. he's the one who appears to be behind the club not approaching klopp. which would be worrying.

Why should a bloke in charge of technical performance have a say in who should be manager? A IT man, not a football man. That's another issue with FSG, to many bellends with numbers and figures experience, but frig all football experience and knowledge from the ground up.

mental thought isn't it?

Why should a bloke in charge of technical performance have a say in who should be manager? A IT man, not a football man. That's another issue with FSG, to many bellends with numbers and figures experience, but frig all football experience and knowledge from the ground up.

catch tony barrett's piece in today's times. says the club has appointed www.askten.co.uk, a bloody 'leadership consultancy'. everything they do just confirms that they are a business and haven't a scooby how to run a football club.

mental thought isn't it?

Think you mean Michael Gordon....Edwards is just an employeecoffee1.gif

mental thought isn't it?

Think you mean Michael Gordon....Edwards is just an employeecoffee1.gif

from what i've read elsewhere it's edwards, the head of performance and analysis bloke and member of the ludicrous transfer committee. he seems to have influence way above his title and pay grade.

Jeez. Next there'll be the Away-Day to bond in advance of the decision. Then a few Powerpoint SWAT analyses. A brainstorming out-of-the-box session. Some psycometric testing for the candidates. Panel interviews. Final discussion with JWH2.

And the answer is:

A camel

Nah, my money would be on Ancelotti, the only high scoring yes man available: in fact the highest scoring yes or no man by some margin*

*http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

"from what i've read elsewhere it's edwards, the head of performance and analysis bloke and member of the ludicrous transfer committee. he seems to have influence way above his title and pay grade."

And your source is?????....It's <deleted> like this coming from our own fans that has caused me to stop posting on the LFC thread....You know absolutely SFA and are worse than the trolls!facepalm.gifwai2.gif

"from what i've read elsewhere it's edwards, the head of performance and analysis bloke and member of the ludicrous transfer committee. he seems to have influence way above his title and pay grade."

And your source is?????....It's <deleted> like this coming from our own fans that has caused me to stop posting on the LFC thread....You know absolutely SFA and are worse than the trolls!facepalm.gifwai2.gif

nah mate it's from a friend who'd know. doesn't sell wolf tickets. close enough to the club to not be a d*ckhead. not online nonsense.

^Glen Driscoll is Head of Performance.

James French Performance Analyst.

I'm confused

you're not the only one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11563643/Liverpool-may-ditch-transfer-committee-as-they-look-to-change-recruitment-policy-this-summer.html

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/06/liverpool-fc-transfer-committee-explained/

according to linkedin he's now Director of Technical Performance: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-edwards/17/89b/478

any which way the fact we're even discussing this is ludicrous. apparently he's the man making the decisions on merseyside now. more sway than that prick ayre. i don't even know what the edwards &lt;deleted&gt; looks like.

Archived