Managerial Merry-Go-Round 2015-16

SantiSuk

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable that the only thing delaying it was the chairman picking up his OBE.....for services to welsh football apparentlysad.png

Hopefully Monk will find a new job soon....and enjoy a reasonable pay off...as all managers do!thumbsup.gif

^WHY?

Try and think it through.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've thought it through.

That rule would have <deleted> our season completely.

I can't count the amount of teams that have been saved from relegation by sacking managers when they needed to.

If managers were being distracted by poaching during a season I would agree with Rijiit, but typically that's not the case and managerial changes are much less disruptive because it's fishing in the pool of the unemployed by and large.

It happens though santi. And the richer rule by the cheque. But that's not really my issue as more or less that's always gonna be. Its more about managers feeling secure enough to be able to give youth a chance, as it stands not many managers with cash will put their job on the line and give youngsters a Decent go, when they can go out and buy a 'finished 'article .if they had some security ie u can only be got rid close season or Jan, than we might see a few more youngsters coming through. The

Way it stands and the ready Supply Of cash around can't see clubs doing much about it so in the long term good of the English game something needs Doing.I'm not sayin it'll Cure all but it will defo Help.

Time this sacking merry go round was halted . Bring it in line with players managers only to be changed during transfer windows .

I guess there's an argument to made for this. Players AND MANAGERS dictate a clubs success or failure during a season. You can make changes to your players ONLY during January and summer, so why should clubs be able to change the manager as many times as they want during the season? Why not only permitted to change the manager ONLY during January and the summer, barring sickness and death necessitating a change (though I guess that might clash with employment laws?). Surprised the Managers Association or whatever they're called don't push for this to get more stability for the members.

Time this sacking merry go round was halted . Bring it in line with players managers only to be changed during transfer windows .

I guess there's an argument to made for this. Players AND MANAGERS dictate a clubs success or failure during a season. You can make changes to your players ONLY during January and summer, so why should clubs be able to change the manager as many times as they want during the season? Why not only permitted to change the manager ONLY during January and the summer, barring sickness and death necessitating a change (though I guess that might clash with employment laws?). Surprised the Managers Association or whatever they're called don't push for this to get more stability for the members.

There is nothing to say a club can't terminate a players contract any time they like, just like a manager.

There is no argument to made for this, football is a business.

I'm not sure that transfer windows are actually legal. They are a restraint of trade and if they were challenged in the courts they would come to an end.The Bosman ruling is a somewhat different example, but footballing authorities seem not to care about the law when setting their rules.

There is nothing to say a club can't terminate a players contract any time they like, just like a manager.

Think your first paragraph conveniently focuses on players and ignores the comments made on MANAGERS.

Agreed football is a business so why have transfer windows, FFP, and other restraintsof business.

^ just on keys and gray, didn't see them hosting the champions league the last 2 rounds I watched City...they still there/split it with that younger presenter?

They cherry pick the Champions League I think.

That squealing geordie is appalling.

Think your first paragraph conveniently focuses on players and ignores the comments made on MANAGERS.

Agreed football is a business so why have transfer windows, FFP, and other restraintsof business.

I didn't ignore, I made my point in an earlier post and in my opinion it is as cut and dry as mentioned in my post above.

We are digressing in to other areas now, it was about managers movements being restricted and in my opinion it's a daft idea, but as you mentioned transfer windows I think they are good for football clubs as a business, clubs/managers can plan their season, it gives stability and should also encourage opportunities for youth.

ah come on now jelly, be fair. nobody gets sacked these days. they either part company or leave by mutual consent.

Keelhauling in the Thames scheduled for Saturday Stevie. This time its different.tongue.png

just like to point out that i posted the above before chelsea fc's official statement came out which included both the terms "part company" and "by mutual consent".

ah come on now jelly, be fair. nobody gets sacked these days. they either part company or leave by mutual consent.

Keelhauling in the Thames scheduled for Saturday Stevie. This time its different.tongue.png

just like to point out that i posted the above before chelsea fc's official statement came out which included both the terms "part company" and "by mutual consent".

Apparently the agreement calls for one year of Mou's salary.

Mou ought to take some time off and find himself a good shrink.

Archived