90-Day Report In Another Province

I understand that it's a general rule that you have to do your 90-day reporting in your home province (where you did it before and/or where you obtained your visa or extension) but apparently it can be done elsewhere. A friend of mine (long term CM resident) is off touring the southern areas and indicated he filed his 90-day report two days ago at Pattaya Immigration without problem. In his words:

"At the Pattaya Immigration I had prepared myself with a receipt on my paid stay at my hotel and even brought proof of my permanent address but she wasn't interested in looking at

anything of it. I gave them my hotel address in the TM 47. She was very quick, it didn't take a minute and she had no comments. This is the first time I made my 90 days outside CM and it

was a pleasant surprise. I have no idea of what is a normal procedure but for me it worked without any problems at all."

So apparently it can be done.

• Like 2

I have made a 90 day report in Mae Sai in the past. It has been a couple years and at the time they did tell me they could not do my extension there. I haven't tried since then and I did it then because I was in Chiang Rai at a function.

You were lucky to of been able to do your report at Pattaya,

Since January when a directive was made by immigration you can only do them where you got your extension unless you formally change your address to where you are doing the report.

There has been reports of people being turned away when they tried to a report at a different office.

I suggest anybody traveling around the country to do the report before starting the trip (15 day early rule) or be prepared to do it by mail or online.