Five children slain in Chiang Mai

metisdead

CHIANG MAI
Five children slain

THE NATION

30269685-01_big.jpg?1443391687918

CHINAG MAI: -- FOUR boys and a girl aged from five months to eight years were slashed to death yesterday by a man suffering from schizophrenia in Chiang Mai's Chai Prakarn district. A woman who was the mother of three of the children was injured.

Asapa Siwua, 22, who police said had been released from Suan Prung Psychiatric Hospital in Chiang Mai a month ago, allegedly went inside a house next to his house with a large knife and killed the children. They were identified as Wasant Sae Ying, Ahow Sae Ying, Singju Sae Ying, Hao Sang Sae Ying and Theerawut Denwipailertlam.

Yikor Sae Jern, the mother of two boys and one girl who were killed, sustained a knife wound from her face to her ear. One boy was Yikor's nephew and another her neighbour's son. Some of the children suffered deep throat wounds.Pol Lt Col Sombat Kalasuk, an investigator from Chai Prakarn police, said they suspect the children were playing and making noise, which drove Asapa to become psychotic and brutally kill the children with the knife.

After allegedly killing the children, the man went back inside his own house with the knife. People from the neighbourhood learnt about the incident and surrounded his house but did not go inside, fearing he may attack them.

But when police arrived and got the suspect out of his house, people outside bashed the suspect, injuring him.

The bodies of the children will undergo an autopsy to determine the cause of death. Police will probe to find the suspect's motivation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Five-children-slain-30269685.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-28

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Death penality only

Rest IN Peace Litle Angel <3

This is a horrible tragedy and my heart goes out to the families.

Please bear in mind though that it's called mental illness for a reason. This is not the dark ages.

Death penality only

Please bear in mind though that it's called mental illness for a reason. This is not the dark ages.

oh yeah he sick so why they let him out last month ? kill him much better

Death penality only

yeah... I wouldn't call it a 'penalty'.

such people need to be put away for safety.

then comes the question if they should ever be released and if society wants to pay for 50 years+ of therapy without a hope for a positive outcome together with the risk of these persons being freed and killing again.

RIP little ones... what a tragedy !

cutting onions here... what a senseless loss of beauty and life... I'm afraid that death penalty would be in place... for one, the sense of justice for the ones left behind, the rights to closure by the ones left behind takes precedence for his right to continue living, secondly, to prevent it from happening again in a society where they can't cope with mentally deranged, and thirdly, for his own sake, when he is deranged, it doesnt make a difference, but in his few moments of clarity, he will have to come to terms with his actions, a faith possibly worse than death, and lastly, for the culprits family's sake, I know that no door in Thailand will be open for him after this, and it will bring relieve to his relatives too if he is taken away so they dont have to live with the stigma and dilemma... I believe he should be allowed to commit suicide or strongly encouraged to do so, and if he refuses, he should be put to sleep, he is one sick puppy, and that is what needs to be done with sick puppies !

Death penality only

Of course this is heinous but the guy has a mental illness.

Are you suggesting the death penalty is correct for mentally sick people who are convicted of such crimes?

It is certainly not going to be a deterrent and only about revenge.

Revenge you have no association with.

In the US, the gun nuts would say, "take away all the knives". What this issue really highlights is mental health, and the lack of available help. Such a shame this happened to those poor children, but good on the vigilantes to beat him AFTER they knew their own safety wasn't in jeopardy any more. Real heroes they are....

Clearly not well enough to be released.

So why was he?

Psychiatric services often struggle in western nations. One can only imagine the standard and quality of service in Thailand. It's easy to call for the death sentence, but this man is obviously very unwell and has been let down by the system. Lock him away for sure, but don't lose focus of where the real problems lie.

Does his family have enough influence/money for him to become a monk for a few months?

coffee1.gif

RIP little ones.

You`re sick.

A horrible tragedy.

I could be wrong but I took Happy Grumpy's "monk" reference to be a repeat in these forums of that "British Thai" celebrity some 8 weeks ago?

She attempted to get out of the seriousness of her killing the policeman in that car crash.

Didnt she become a "monk" for a while and so far (except for paying out the family) seems to have got off scott free legally?

Didnt Grumpy's lament about "RIP little ones" duly display his compassion? and he would surely agree with you that yes;- "a horrible tragedy"

Mental treatment it is a problem in many countries, and getting worst.

Abuse, kidnapping, rape, and murder of children in the US, is a very big problem from very long time.

Abusers with mental problems, cannot be jailed or treated forever, even knowing that probably its will do it again.

When I was selling real estate in California in 2007, the City just launched an online search system, to find out where convicted and released child molesters where living. A new buyer with small children, buying a house in Spring Valley, a mid class area of San Diego (The 'Finest" City in America), asked to look in that before making a decision. Just around the house he was buying were 3 ex convicts.

Death penality only

Death penalty? The guy is mentally ill and what he did was terrible beyond comprehension. Yet I would question your knee-jerk reaction. Should not the ultimate blame lay within the Thai mental health services? Should he, as a known schizo, not have been released from the mental hospital? Sadly, the world has many people who are seriously unstable - and therefore dangerous - in this and similar ways. Do you propose that we hang them all?

Death penality only

I know what you're saying, but because someone is sick, still does not make the crimes less than they are since ppl have died by his actions. This sick person needs to be put away.

Death penality only

Of course this is heinous but the guy has a mental illness.

Are you suggesting the death penalty is correct for mentally sick people who are convicted of such crimes?

It is certainly not going to be a deterrent and only about revenge.

Revenge you have no association with.

If the death penalty is not a deterrent then you must agree that nothing will deter them ,neither custodial sentence nor incarceration in a mental health institute.Therefore do you want these people on the face of the planet so that they may be released and slay five children or more?

Archived