Foreign tourist drowns off Chaweng beach, Koh Samui

webfact

Foreign tourist drowns off Chaweng beach, Koh Samui

ks.jpg

Source: Khaosod

KOH SAMUI:-- An elderly Frenchman has died after drowning in waters off Chaweng beach.

Mr Spengler, 79, is thought to have died after getting into difficulty in shallow water on Sunday.

According to a waiter at the Relax Resort, the man had been staying in a bungalow at the resort since 22 September, reports Khaosod.

The waiter said he saw Mr Spengler drinking at the restaurant of the resort before walking to the beach to presumably go swimming.

A short time later, the waiter said he pulled the man from water after he saw him laying face down and motionless.

The elderly man was taken to the Thai International Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

After searching the man’s room, officers from Bophut police station found medication used to treat asthma and therefore believe the man had an asthma attack in the sea before drowning.

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-28

Why the hostile reactions, I have used Relax Resort and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. If they thought he was in difficulty I'm sure they would have helped.

Needless comments, such as "they won't lose sleep "

I'm sure no one was expecting somebody to drown in such shallow water.

I agree fully with the comment about the photo. Unnecessarily, could cause some distress to the family.

R.I.P.

^^ Agree totally.

There is no axiomatic link to asthma because of an inhaler found in the room. In fact the contrary is true for most asthmatics and swimming. And 'attack' is a misleading word re the condition. Almost always allergy related in auspices.

This is the logic that leaves many faithless in journalism and/or police work.

Why is that uniform posed pointing at the pixelated body?

If a photo is deemed necessary why not a picture of the man in happier times?

Have to agree but normally the only photo they can get is copied from passport or ID cards, not the best images to use.

Archived