New Zealand man missing in Thailand after trip to Koh Samui

webfact

Teen's plea for Wellington dad Andrew Missen, missing in Thailand

nz.jpg
Andrew Missen hasn't been heard from in 10 days.

WELLINGTON: -- The teen daughter of a Wellington man missing in Thailand is pleading for help to find him.

Andrew Missen, a designer who has created furniture for iconic Wellington eateries, failed to return to New Zealand after a trip to the Thai island of Ko Samui.

His family hasn't heard from him for more than 10 days.

His 15-year-old daughter, Teal Edwards-Missen, has made a public plea for information on Facebook:

"My dad, Andrew Missen, has gone missing in Ko Samui an island off Bangkok in Thailand. No one in our family has heard from him in over 10 days," she wrote.

"He's supposed to have arrived back in New Zealand but he never arrived at the airport in Thailand. Attached is a photo of him, please please please share this for me, he's my best friend and we're all so worried."

Full story: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/72542385/teens-plea-for-wellington-dad-andrew-missen-missing-in-thailand

-- STUFF 2015-09-30

When travelers arrive in Thailand, they need to complete an arrival card which gives the address of where the person is staying. His Daughter should ask the New Zealand Embassy, to request the Thai Royal Police in the first instance to check out that address and from there start a trace to try and locate him. Furthermore, the place wherever he stayed is required to report arrivals to the local Immigration Office and that is also worth a try to start a trace. Hopefully, he is just too busy enjoying Thailand and all that it has to offer and will appear very soon and put his Daughters understandable concerns to rest.

Yes ask the Police they may get off their backsides and do something and as for reporting foreigners well we all know this is Thailand so anything MIGHT NOT happen.

Hope he is safe and sound for his daughters sake. But after 10 days one does begin to wonder another missing person lost without a trace and NO-ONE knows anything ....strange do you not think.

"he never arrived at the airport in Thailand."

Has this been confirmed with the airlines? If so maybe he was never in Thailand.

The family should in any file a missing persons report with NZ authorities and contact NZ consulate in Thailand who in turn can contact Thai Immigration to check on entry and stay information.

Has this been confirmed with the airlines? If so maybe he was never in Thailand.

The family should in any file a missing persons report with NZ authorities and contact NZ consulate in Thailand who in turn can contact Thai Immigration to check on entry and stay information.

I believe somebody - the newspaper or daughter, wanted to write

"never arrived at the airport, -from- Thailand."

or "never arrived at the airport in -Australia-"

She was clear writing "gone missing, on the island of Koh Samui..."

Did he call home while he was in Koh Samui ? where was he staying, what day did he check out of the hotel ? was his ATM used after his check out date and if so what branch .... then get BIB to review cctv at that branch. The hotel may know what bar he frequented ... contact the bar.

I hope he is found safe and well , hope he was just partying with new friends.

So zero information on where he was meant to be staying??

I thought all resorts etc had to inform immigration of new arrivals within 24 hours or they recieve a fine?

In some smaller cheaper sleeping places, I do nor fill anything out, give a Passport in present time.

Are not asked for that. rolleyes.gif

When travelers arrive in Thailand, they need to complete an arrival card which gives the address of where the person is staying.

A lot of people special these on a tight budget or long timers, choose their Hotel or sleeping place in Thailand after arriving in their destination.

No chance to write something with substance on your arrival card. wink.png

Well updated news is he arrived back in auckland this morning safe and well. Bit rude to not tell his daughter or family if he was dead or alive for 10 days. He must have some issues going on in his life.

oh good news, but not good he had family worried.

so we can probably say he'll be moving to Thailand soon to get married and build the house in Isaan.

Thats how I read it at first but I think she meant he never arrived at the airport in Thailand for his flight back home

Well updated news is he arrived back in auckland this morning safe and well. Bit rude to not tell his daughter or family if he was dead or alive for 10 days. He must have some issues going on in his life.

oh good news, but not good he had family worried.

so we can probably say he'll be moving to Thailand soon to get married and build the house in Isaan.

I hope it is Isaan and not down South where it seems too many foreigners are losing all property and cash to black widow wives, like Ian Rance did.

Archived