BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nocturnalK

Where to buy a passport cover?

I have a passport that has some damage, and I've been warned by the US consulate about it. They recommended getting a passport cover to protect my passport.

Does anyone know where I can find a passport cover?

My bank passbook covers are like pouches. They cannot be opened. I'm looking for a solution where I don't have to remove the passport from the cover each time I hand it over.

How many times do you need to show passport? I have been using bank pouch for over 3 decades and find them great - book covers do not offer rain protection that a pouch does. Indeed that is why banks give them out.

A lot of Immigration Officers will remove a passport from its cover before reviewing it. This would expedite your problem.

You are aware that you can buy a new passport at any time? Not really that costly to replace if you are using it a lot. And if you already have damage in the microchip area probably a good idea. Expect damage more due to carry/bending than from reading if that is the case.

I think your request was for a simnple plastic passport cover into which you could slip the front abd rear pages, allowing you to open it while still protecting the passport.

If so, tuk over to the Thai Passport Office at CM Government Centyer (any tuk driver would know) and buy the plastic cover Thai Immigration has available for their citizens.

There's also a pseudo leather passport jacket for Thai passports (stamped with the words Thai passport) that I've been using for several years, sturdy and available from Robinsons/Central gift dept.