Where to buy a passport cover?

nocturnalK

How many times do you need to show passport? I have been using bank pouch for over 3 decades and find them great - book covers do not offer rain protection that a pouch does. Indeed that is why banks give them out.

You are aware that you can buy a new passport at any time? Not really that costly to replace if you are using it a lot. And if you already have damage in the microchip area probably a good idea. Expect damage more due to carry/bending than from reading if that is the case.

I think your request was for a simnple plastic passport cover into which you could slip the front abd rear pages, allowing you to open it while still protecting the passport.

If so, tuk over to the Thai Passport Office at CM Government Centyer (any tuk driver would know) and buy the plastic cover Thai Immigration has available for their citizens.

I bought my leathery passport holder at a dollar store in Canada, paid it $2 or $3 and am very pleased with it. However, I do believe I saw some on sale at a "dollar store" in Chiang Mai. It was either the chain store at the Festival mall (don't remember the name) or the Nim City dollar store near the Airport mall. It's worth a visit anyway. I bought some paper coffee filters at the latter store for much less than those "premium" ones sold at Tops or Rimping.

I bought my leathery passport holder at a dollar store in Canada, paid it $2 or $3 and am very pleased with it. However, I do believe I saw some on sale at a "dollar store" in Chiang Mai. It was either the chain store at the Festival mall (don't remember the name) or the Nim City dollar store near the Airport mall. It's worth a visit anyway. I bought some paper coffee filters at the latter store for much less than those "premium" ones sold at Tops or Rimping.

That sounds like the Japanese chain store, 'Daiso,' a 100 Yen shop with branches in Maya, Airport Plaza, and Kad Farang. The one in Nim City has just shut down.

That sounds like the Japanese chain store, 'Daiso,' a 100 Yen shop with branches in Maya, Airport Plaza, and Kad Farang. The one in Nim City has just shut down.

Yes, it's Daiso. Thx for the update on the Nim City store.

Next up... make one. We're not talking about making violin. Three pieces of vinyl (from Chiang Mai Plastics or Robinson's 3rd fl at Kad Suan Kaew,) and a few drops of glue will get the job done. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes start to finish... 10 if you need help with the scissors work.

Next up... make one. We're not talking about making violin. Three pieces of vinyl (from Chiang Mai Plastics or Robinson's 3rd fl at Kad Suan Kaew,) and a few drops of glue will get the job done. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes start to finish... 10 if you need help with the scissors work.

Can't find one, ain't gonna be able to make one.

Archived