''O.S. Thai Visa Express Service ''Chiang Mai cost ?

JD66

Herre in CM. on a 60 day tourist visa. only a few weeks into it. Am over 55 yrs .would like to convert into a ''retirement '' visa. I realize that it needs to be converted into a non immigrant O first. I want to use a visa agency for the process. Contacted Assist Thai Visa . They emailed me very quickly and quoted me a price of about 15,000B which includes all fees.

Consultation is free,

O.S. took days to get back to me and would not give me a price/estimate without setting up a consultation first. Which costs 1000B. I heard good things about O.S. but spending 1000B just to get an total cost ,which could be ,well anything seems a little shady to me. But as I said I heard that they are very good.

(And yes I know doing it myself is an option ..but it seems a bit of a hassle to convert the TR Into the nonimmigrat O.And teh new immigration is no picnic,,from what I've read here.. so I 'll go with the agency.)

so my question is would anyone know the cost of using O.S. for the process

60 day TR-

NON ''O'' -

RETIREMENT

thanks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, for that money you get a flight to Malaysia or Singapore. There they may issue a correct 1 year retirement O-A visa. You have a nice time being there and the bloodsuckers can cheat someone else :). 15k? Ridiculous.

I was in almost exactly the same situation a short while ago.

To get a non-immigrant "O" visa I flew to Udon Thani and then on to Vientaine where I got what I wanted without any problems.

That's the way I did it. However you do it, I wish you good luck.

Trust me it's a lot less than 15k, about half of that and they take care of all your 90 day reports for the year as well.

Excellent company of fine people....take the worry away and see them...the reason they charge 1000 baht, and I agree it is an impediment to them and probably not a good idea is the never ending stream of morons seeking free advice.

They are not blood suckers and do not charge excessively.

Well I don't know all the costs involved. But if Assist Thai Visa says 15,000 baht I am sure it includes the flight accommodations and transportation to where ever they send you. They are a quality company who have been around and have all the information on hand. If you are looking to do it a certain way go ahead. If you want to pay some one 1,000 baht to just talk about it go ahead. I do know that my initial retirement Visa was in Vancouver Canada at the Thai conciliate there and it cost me $200 Canadian which would be a part of your full package deal.

To me it sounds like one company knows all the facts and the other country is not sure of it or looking to see what they can get out of you.

Appears to be apples/oranges discussion as post was about conversion which is a fee of 2,000 baht at Thai immigration and does not involve 90 day reports or non O-A visas (which are not issued to non residents by Consulates). After conversion extensions of stay are available at cost of 1,900 baht from immigration (but these do not allow travel without additional stamps/fees).

Trust me it's a lot less than 15k, about half of that and they take care of all your 90 day reports for the year as well.

Excellent company of fine people....take the worry away and see them...the reason they charge 1000 baht, and I agree it is an impediment to them and probably not a good idea is the never ending stream of morons seeking free advice.

They are not blood suckers and do not charge excessively.

Yeah as far as the consultation fee ...I can understand it when you put it that way...I'll take your advice and giveém a try..

Indeed. The OP understands what needs to be done but is asked for a "consultation" so they can repeat it to him before quoting the cost.

A consultant is one who says, "Give me your watch and I'll tell you what time it is".

I recently used OS Visa for a retirement extension renewal and multi entry permit and was very happy with their service. For me, the extra cost is well worth the expenditure. I try to avoid unnecessary stress--much better for my health. And I can understand their charge for consultation although 1000 does seem steep.

Several years ago Assist Thai Visa arranged my conversion from tourist visa to Non O & retirement extension. I don't remember the cost but the process was smooth.

My recent switch from ATV to OS is due to location since the latter office is much closer to my apartment. In my experiences, both agencies are excellent.

Indeed. The OP understands what needs to be done but is asked for a "consultation" so they can repeat it to him before quoting the cost.

A consultant is one who says, "Give me your watch and I'll tell you what time it is".

My view on it is the one company has all the knowledge and a package while the other company is feeling their way around. I am sure that all the paper work will be done correctly by either one of them.

It is just a matter of what the companies offer. Sounds to me like the one company has it well in hand and is probably going to fly a person in and put them up at a decent hotel plus arrange transportation for them. The other one has probably never done it before and are not sure what to do offer a bus ride or an airplane ride a good hotel or a so so one.

For myself before I forked over the 1,000 baht for a discussion I would find out what the 15,000 baht price included.

I have used Assist Thai Visa for 4 years and i am very satisfied with the service all the fees they charge are competitive with the other companies .

I cannot comment about this new company as i have never used them.

giddday J.D.66, sorry do not know the costs but

E/S has been a very happy client at OS THAI VISA for several yrs and have found all their services outstandingsmile.png

as namatjira correctly pointed out ,the consulation fee was put into place, because there was endless enquirys from farangs, trying to pick their brain for nicks on visa work etc etc

go for it JD66, you will be a winnerbiggrin.png

BTW have a good cobber ,who is presently using pom.s services in setting up his company business ,which requires leases drawn up,company registered ,work permit etc etc etc

and is thrilled to bits on her impeccable work so far, at a price which is chicken feed when compared to lawyers fees, for the same work

pom is a very astute operator,and ably assisted by her daughter dar, both speak perfect englishsmile.png

a lovely morning to allbiggrin.png

giddday J.D.66, sorry do not know the costs but

E/S has been a very happy client at OS THAI VISA for several yrs and have found all their services outstandingsmile.png

as namatjira correctly pointed out ,the consulation fee was put into place, because there was endless enquirys from farangs, trying to pick their brain for nicks on visa work etc etc

go for it JD66, you will be a winnerbiggrin.png

BTW have a good cobber ,who is presently using pom.s services in setting up his company business ,which requires leases drawn up,company registered ,work permit etc etc etc

and is thrilled to bits on her impeccable work so far, at a price which is chicken feed when compared to lawyers fees, for the same work

pom is a very astute operator,and ably assisted by her daughter dar, both speak perfect englishsmile.png

a lovely morning to allbiggrin.png

Thanks ..appreciated

Post and response to it removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

The 1000 baht consultation fee is not an actual fee as such, if you use their services then that is used as part of them,

I.e., if you decide to let them handle your 90 day reports at then that is totally covered by the consultation fee.

This is a good company and they turn the whole process of immigration from a nightmare into a pleasure,

And their fees are more than reasonable.....

Well I don't know all the costs involved. But if Assist Thai Visa says 15,000 baht I am sure it includes the flight accommodations and transportation to where ever they send you. They are a quality company who have been around and have all the information on hand. If you are looking to do it a certain way go ahead. If you want to pay some one 1,000 baht to just talk about it go ahead. I do know that my initial retirement Visa was in Vancouver Canada at the Thai conciliate there and it cost me $200 Canadian which would be a part of your full package deal.

To me it sounds like one company knows all the facts and the other country is not sure of it or looking to see what they can get out of you.

Assist Thai Visa says 15,000 baht I am sure it includes the flight accommodations and transportation to where ever they send you.cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Imagine if you had a company with a small staff, spending many hours on the road to and from IMM, serving your serious paying clients, and then having to deal with people coming in and out of your office all day seeking free advice, leading to nothing.

I have surrendered - no more pain desired.

Pay up - smooth - I hope.

This year will be my first using a "hand holder".

When the only other option is a nightmarish all day wait in a yard, it seems I too will take the lesser of two evils, use an agent and pay whatever they see fit to charge.for a slot in the system for the pleasure of living another 12 months in Chiang Mai

It means once started you can never stop......so....once started.

My last word on this matter , quite frankly immigration and the 90 day reports plus the yearly

Renewal soon becomes ones greatest nightmare.....months of needless worry.

These people do the 90 day reports for 300 baht a time, you just need to sign the papers in their office

2 days before, they will contact you when it is due, in short, they do everything....you do not even have to

Think about it, so even if you totally forget, they will contact you and remind you.

No need for you to even think at all......what a relief, just throw the calendar away.

Quite frankly, for me, doing it with them was such a pleasure I wish it happened every week instead of once a year.

It went from nightmare to sweet dream..........simple as that.

I know some of you like torture and something to moan about, and you can enjoy going out to promenade

At 5 o'clock in the morning and filling your day with uncertainty and stress.

But if you have come to Chiangmai to retire and have a relaxing time, take this path.

You can then forget about the whole process.....up to you...

Perhaps a reminder that 90 day reporting is now available on-line for most (not all but most) and need not take long at all and with today's computers/phones there really is no excuse for needing additional reminder. But I know some of us ignore them so no one size fits all.

If unable to file on-line there is also the option to send someone with the report to immigration to do for you. Am sure most domestic workers would welcome the chance to get out of house for awhile and get paid for it.

If, like me, you actually do yourself it can be combined with a shopping trip or such (although I do understand my using Bangkok is not the same conditions as Chiang Mai now faces).

For some a fee paid service will make sense. There are options.

The 1000 baht consultation fee is not an actual fee as such, if you use their services then that is used as part of them,

I.e., if you decide to let them handle your 90 day reports at then that is totally covered by the consultation fee.

This is a good company and they turn the whole process of immigration from a nightmare into a pleasure,

And their fees are more than reasonable.....

Well since O.S refuses to quote a price either on their website or via email when asked, who knows how they use the 1000B fee and if it's deducted from an invisible price that no one knows to about begin with..So that ''perk'' is useless.

And as far as them charging a fee to begin with because as another poster said ,,''they were tired of being asked alot of visa questions''..Well Assist Thai visa I'm sure. gets the same aggravation and thier consultation is free.

Assist Thai charges 12,500 for the coversion of a TR visa to a non ''O'' and then to the ''retirement''.2500B are immigration/government fees.

I don't have to leave Chiang Mai for any reason. They set up an appoitment with immigration .All I have to do is show up at the scheduled time .(.NOT at dawn.)

This was all sent to me thru email.

O.S..?? A mystery

Archived