''O.S. Thai Visa Express Service ''Chiang Mai cost ?

JD66

The 1000 baht consultation fee is not an actual fee as such, if you use their services then that is used as part of them,

I.e., if you decide to let them handle your 90 day reports at then that is totally covered by the consultation fee.

This is a good company and they turn the whole process of immigration from a nightmare into a pleasure,

And their fees are more than reasonable.....

Well since O.S refuses to quote a price either on their website or via email when asked, who knows how they use the 1000B fee and if it's deducted from an invisible price that no one knows to about begin with..So that ''perk'' is useless.

And as far as them charging a fee to begin with because as another poster said ,,''they were tired of being asked alot of visa questions''..Well Assist Thai visa I'm sure. gets the same aggravation and thier consultation is free.

Assist Thai charges 12,500 for the coversion of a TR visa to a non ''O'' and then to the ''retirement''.2500B are immigration/government fees.

I don't have to leave Chiang Mai for any reason. They set up an appoitment with immigration .All I have to do is show up at the scheduled time .(.NOT at dawn.)

This was all sent to me thru email.

O.S..?? A mystery

Well said.

I hope you have a successful end to this endeavor of yours. It would be nice if when it is all completed we could hear your experience. Maybe OS will have some thing. I highly doubt any of them get many questions for this particular item and as I said Assist Thai all ready has the answers and don't need to consult with you.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine if you had a company with a small staff, spending many hours on the road to and from IMM, serving your serious paying clients, and then having to deal with people coming in and out of your office all day seeking free advice, leading to nothing.

From what I understand, the OP asked for a quote to convert a tourist visa to a retirement visa, not for free advice. Seems like a simple question with a simple answer, not something that would require the charging of a 'consultation' fee.

[RANT]I guess some people's expectations get lower and lower the longer they live in Thailand, until the point where they think that being asked to pay the equivalent of $27 to be told how much they will have to pay for a service is a reasonable request. I think it's ridiculous. You provide twenty quotes and get one paying customer (for example) - that's the nature of doing business. You don't insult prospective customers by not only charging them a fee to tell them how much you are going to charge them but also by insinuating it is their fault because they might be wasting your time.[/RANT]

Maybe OS will have some thing. I highly doubt any of them get many questions for this particular item and as I said Assist Thai all ready has the answers and don't need to consult with you.

how can u comment on either visa agent services????

when u have recently engaged the sevices of the v/agent next to the zoo, and have never used the excellent sevices of THAI ASSIST or O/S THAI VISA

O/S are sponsors of your cherished CEC,and u cannot support your own people,says a lot about u

both THAI ASSIST and O/S THAI VISA are excellent visa companys to deal with

and the proof of the pudding are members of this board always, strongly recommend both visa companys and rightly so

BTW

good luck with your next three 90 day reports,O/S visa do them for nicks, just a pop into their office and bingo ,job done

three visits to promenada for u ,but u cannot help bad luck,can u???

a beautiful arvo to all

Some of you make this sound acceptable as if the agents are doing us a favour.

Over the months there has been very little information forwarded from immigration, had to filter through the rumours and read about other peoples experiences to find out what is going on. One door slams in our faces and then try to find other means of fulfilling our 90 day and visa obligations. 2 options, pay on demand or suffer stress and inconvenience. This is nothing more then a disgrace and none of it is worthy of praise.

We have to deal with this is in our own ways the best we can, but doesn`t mean everyone has to like it. I will probably go the agent route next time for my visa extension to avoid the hanging about in a yard alternative, but I won`t be promoting them.

Maybe OS will have some thing. I highly doubt any of them get many questions for this particular item and as I said Assist Thai all ready has the answers and don't need to consult with you.

when u have recently engaged the sevices of the v/agent next to the zoo, and have never used the excellent sevices of THAI ASSIST or O/S THAI VISA

O/S are sponsors of your cherished CEC,and u cannot support your own people,says a lot about u

and the proof of the pudding are members of this board always, strongly recommend both visa companys and rightly so

BTW

good luck with your next three 90 day reports,O/S visa do them for nicks, just a pop into their office and bingo ,job done

a beautiful arvo to all

Any chance of getting an explanation of what you are talking about? If you want to attack me go for it but do try to make sense. What has the Chiang Mai Ex Pats Club got to do with it or for that matter the agent next to a place you have never been to yet choose to call a Zoo. Many long years ago I learned to not trust people who are always using superlatives. I have yet to meet a person to prove me wrong.

Edit

Have they changed the 90 day. I know at one tie you just went in once a year then they changed it so you had to have your passport so every one took their passport into their agent then went back again to pick it up. Are they back to no need for the passport?

Cyber farang says "

We have to deal with this is in our own ways the best we can, but doesn`t mean everyone has to like it. I will probably go the agent route next time for my visa extension to avoid the hanging about in a yard alternative, but I won`t be promoting them."

That would have been my way of thinking as well, however, cyber farang might well

Promote them after he has used them , like me...........

I am merely a satisfied customer, fully aware I have not been ripped by " bloodsuckers ".

And over the moon about how it all worked out.....................

Some may like sweating out there I promenade and the stress of the whole deal deal,

For me , the nightmare is over..............thanks to OS VISA......

The 1000 baht consultation fee is not an actual fee as such, if you use their services then that is used as part of them,

I.e., if you decide to let them handle your 90 day reports at then that is totally covered by the consultation fee.

This is a good company and they turn the whole process of immigration from a nightmare into a pleasure,

Well since O.S refuses to quote a price either on their website or via email when asked, who knows how they use the 1000B fee and if it's deducted from an invisible price that no one knows to about begin with..So that ''perk'' is useless.

And as far as them charging a fee to begin with because as another poster said ,,''they were tired of being asked alot of visa questions''..Well Assist Thai visa I'm sure. gets the same aggravation and thier consultation is free.

Assist Thai charges 12,500 for the coversion of a TR visa to a non ''O'' and then to the ''retirement''.2500B are immigration/government fees.

I don't have to leave Chiang Mai for any reason. They set up an appoitment with immigration .All I have to do is show up at the scheduled time .(.NOT at dawn.)

O.S..?? A mystery

You might want to double check that in the visa sub-forum. IIRC, Immigration changed procedures in the past few months (shocking, I know!) so that conversions have to be done in Bangkok - and it takes two trips to Bangkok two weeks apart to complete the process.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm remembering this incorrectly but I'd be surprised if you don't have to leave Chiang Mai to get this done.

Chiang Mai expats are fortunate to have visa services like O.S. Thai Visa Express and Assist Thai Visa, that make Thailand's immigration requirements easy to comply with. Actually, complying with immigration requirements yourself is really easy if you have a scheduled appointment (online queue). Talking about the discontinued online queue, has anyone heard of immigration's plan on when this vital service will be reinstated?

"On-line queue system" died.

Cremation activities commence in 3 days time.

Its death benefited who?,lets just hope it is resurrected,

its a service that is needed.just like been able to post in

90 days reporting, which I am pleased was not curtailed.

regards Worgeordie

"On-line queue system" died.

Cremation activities commence in 3 days time.

Its death benefited who?,lets just hope it is resurrected,

its a service that is needed.just like been able to post in

90 days reporting, which I am pleased was not curtailed.

regards Worgeordie

One of the best services provided by immigration and expansion would have solved a lot of problems.

Closure is just one of the many backward steps the country is taking in general.

Supply of quality services to farangs is not permitted!

One step forward & 2 steps back is the preferred route.

From what I've been reading here and esewhere online that's a pretty accurate description.

O.S..?? A mystery

Well said.

I hope you have a successful end to this endeavor of yours. It would be nice if when it is all completed we could hear your experience. Maybe OS will have some thing. I highly doubt any of them get many questions for this particular item and as I said Assist Thai all ready has the answers and don't need to consult with you.

I have an appointment with Assist Thai on Tuesday...I'll let you know what happens.

BTW I politely responded to O.S.after them telling me absolutely nothing except that thier fee to talk was 1000B and again just asked for a price quote for the conversion and went on to explain that once I get a quote I'll make an appointment and pay for thier consultation...that was 5 days ago and they haven't responded..If they can't or won''t even respond to an email how can you depend on them for anything else. Unprofessional, arrogant and rude.To he11 with them.

Imagine if you had a company with a small staff, spending many hours on the road to and from IMM, serving your serious paying clients, and then having to deal with people coming in and out of your office all day seeking free advice, leading to nothing.

From what I understand, the OP asked for a quote to convert a tourist visa to a retirement visa, not for free advice. Seems like a simple question with a simple answer, not something that would require the charging of a 'consultation' fee.

[RANT]I guess some people's expectations get lower and lower the longer they live in Thailand, until the point where they think that being asked to pay the equivalent of $27 to be told how much they will have to pay for a service is a reasonable request. I think it's ridiculous. You provide twenty quotes and get one paying customer (for example) - that's the nature of doing business. You don't insult prospective customers by not only charging them a fee to tell them how much you are going to charge them but also by insinuating it is their fault because they might be wasting your time.[/RANT]

Thankyou..my feeelings exactly.. And they take forever to return an email...if at all.

It means once started you can never stop......so....once started.

My last word on this matter , quite frankly immigration and the 90 day reports plus the yearly

Renewal soon becomes ones greatest nightmare.....months of needless worry.

These people do the 90 day reports for 300 baht a time, you just need to sign the papers in their office

2 days before, they will contact you when it is due, in short, they do everything....you do not even have to

Think about it, so even if you totally forget, they will contact you and remind you.

No need for you to even think at all......what a relief, just throw the calendar away.

Quite frankly, for me, doing it with them was such a pleasure I wish it happened every week instead of once a year.

It went from nightmare to sweet dream..........simple as that.

I know some of you like torture and something to moan about, and you can enjoy going out to promenade

At 5 o'clock in the morning and filling your day with uncertainty and stress.

But if you have come to Chiangmai to retire and have a relaxing time, take this path.

You can then forget about the whole process.....up to you...

You really do go on and on about O.S. It seems like you're thier personal spokesman??..I don't know the extent of your affiliation with them but the fact is I had to email them at least three times to get an initial response. Until they finally gave me thier ridiculous rhetoric about ''you pay then we talk'' . I politely wrote back and asked just for a quote and then I'd go to thier office give them thier money and get things started...that was almost a week ago ..they never bothered to respond. SO if they can't be professional or at least have the common courtesy to answer an email pertaining to servicing potential clients a person would have to be a moron to depend on them for taking care of anything else , including the 90 day report. Thai Assist got back to me within ten minutes.

I doubt very much that any visa agency will put too much in writing, except something like "come in and talk to us".

To leave paper trails stating "we can do this that or the other in order to make an easy path for you stay here", probably won't happen and if the agencies are working in conjunction with immigration, they have probably been ordered not to put too much in writing.

Phone them, go and see them and talk to them, anyone living long enough in Thailand knows emails are pointless anyway!

O.S..?? A mystery

Well said.

I have an appointment with Assist Thai on Tuesday...I'll let you know what happens.

BTW I politely responded to O.S.after them telling me absolutely nothing except that thier fee to talk was 1000B and again just asked for a price quote for the conversion and went on to explain that once I get a quote I'll make an appointment and pay for thier consultation...that was 5 days ago and they haven't responded..If they can't or won''t even respond to an email how can you depend on them for anything else. Unprofessional, arrogant and rude.To he11 with them.

Well said. I had a brief encounter with them and all though they did not know me they were very professional. As I turned out I got lucky beyond comparison. I had y proof of income and was going to Makro in Hong Dong and decided to stop by on my way at immigration at about 10:00 in the morning. They told me to come back at 3:30. I had already been in contact with Assist and given a price along with the assurance that there would be no problem. It is apparent that they know what is involved and do not need you to tell them such as the other outfit wanted.

BTW

a beautiful arvo to all

Any chance of getting an explanation of what you are talking about? If you want to attack me go for it but do try to make sense. What has the Chiang Mai Ex Pats Club got to do with it or for that matter the agent next to a place you have never been to yet choose to call a Zoo. Many long years ago I learned to not trust people who are always using superlatives. I have yet to meet a person to prove me wrong.

Edit

Have they changed the 90 day. I know at one tie you just went in once a year then they changed it so you had to have your passport so every one took their passport into their agent then went back again to pick it up. Are they back to no need for the passport?

The most accurate and truest comment yet but you don't have to trust me on that.

I doubt very much that any visa agency will put too much in writing, except something like "come in and talk to us".

To leave paper trails stating "we can do this that or the other in order to make an easy path for you stay here", probably won't happen and if the agencies are working in conjunction with immigration, they have probably been ordered not to put too much in writing.

Phone them, go and see them and talk to them, anyone living long enough in Thailand knows emails are pointless anyway!

Seems to be true with many places how ever Assist was prompt with an answer. No paper trails or in depth conversation needed. The OP said this is what I want and they said this is what it will cost. No let's talk it over. Then ignore you.

In early September family circumstances pushed us in to having to use an agent, very quickly.

Against our limited principles we used G4T. We called them late morning and were told to visit their office ASAP.We did not even have to go in to immigration offices,photos taken by mobile,they completed our paperwork and we received our passports back the same afternoon complete with "retirement" visas and re-entry visas which were complimentary.

They charged us THB3000 plus immigration fees of THB1900 (retirement visa) THB1000 ( re-entry). Association or not they got the job done very quickly,efficiently, and cheaply in comparison to the other agencies.

In early September family circumstances pushed us in to having to use an agent, very quickly.

Against our limited principles we used G4T. We called them late morning and were told to visit their office ASAP.We did not even have to go in to immigration offices,photos taken by mobile,they completed our paperwork and we received our passports back the same afternoon complete with "retirement" visas and re-entry visas which were complimentary.

They charged us THB3000 plus immigration fees of THB1900 (retirement visa) THB1000 ( re-entry). Association or not they got the job done very quickly,efficiently, and cheaply in comparison to the other agencies.

god luv u thailand ,great to see u join the visa agents clubsmile.png

on and off over a long period of time, we have had a tussle between agents and D.I.Y

thats what forums such as T.V. are about ,open to discussionclap2.gif

a lovely evening to all my readersbiggrin.png

god luv u thailand ,great to see u join the visa agents clubsmile.png

on and off over a long period of time, we have had a tussle between agents and D.I.Y

thats what forums such as T.V. are about ,open to discussionclap2.gif

a lovely evening to all my readersbiggrin.png

Purely needs must. Even had to give away two online appointments.

If immigration provide the services they should, including a compassionate service then the services of an agent would not have been required.

I had less than 1 day to get done what had to be done. In fact only G4T was able to do what was required in the timescale.

Sometimes your principles have to be thrown out of the window.

I can understand G4T telling you to get into their office ASAP in the late morning. They needed to get you processed before the supervisor arrived in the early afternoon to sign the morning's work so you'd get your passport back that afternoon.

The part I don't understand is how you can get a retirement extension without going into the office for the photo they have to take with the camera mounted on the desk at Immigration. That's suppose to be proof that you actually visited the Immigration office. Surely you were in the office briefly, at least for the photo?

Are you saying that somehow Immigration downloaded the photo from the G4T mobile into their computer? They don't do this with other agents. Other agents take you to the Imm. office for the photo with the Imm. camera as proof you were actually in CM province at the time.

Yes, it's very strange G4T did not have to take him to Immigration.

And, there's this strange post ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/857589-g4-agency-closed/#entry9882190

Nothing strange about the post. This occurrence was after we had used their services. First hand info from a friend who went in to their office that day and they were not taking any business. The following day it was business as normal.

The "arrests" we're second hand info.

And my post was simply asking for confirmation or otherwise from other members. The post was reported as hearsay by a member.The first part most certainly was not.

As for not having to go to immigration for photo, neither my wife nor myself had to, as I said G4T staff took them on a mobile. I am not the only person to have reported this as happening.

So is G4T still there and doing visa's and extensions,?,

as Thailand has reported,they are cheaper and it seems

quicker and easier than what is provided by the other Visa

agents.if they are still in business and offering the same

level of service,AND if the on-line booking has not been

resurrected by the middle of next year,they are the agents,

i will begrudgingly use.

regards Worgeordie

Archived