''O.S. Thai Visa Express Service ''Chiang Mai cost ?

JD66

This is the 1st time in 13yrs that I have contemplated using an agent.

ThaiVisaAssist & G4 (?) seem to be the favourites.

Which one?

Why?

Based on recent experience I would choose Thai Visa Assist.

I found them to be very efficient. Answered all my questions with ease .On the whole a very professional outfit.

When I visited G4 to make an enquiry I found them to be the exactly the opposite to the above, whilst they were considerably cheaper (especially for two people) they did not inspire any confidence whatsoever,.

It was our first time to renew , so really needed some one who inspired confidence not just based on price. The cost is now part of our budget.

I hope this helps in making your decision.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which one?

Why?

I found them to be very efficient. Answered all my questions with ease .On the whole a very professional outfit.

When I visited G4 to make an enquiry I found them to be the exactly the opposite to the above, whilst they were considerably cheaper (especially for two people) they did not inspire any confidence whatsoever,.

It was our first time to renew , so really needed some one who inspired confidence not just based on price. The cost is now part of our budget.

I agree that they did not seem very professional to me either. Never the less from the time I walked into their office to the time I walked out of immigration with the deal all done. Was less than 45 minutes. I still had to wait until later in the day to get my passport back went to a movie and had a meal then collected it from them at 6:30.

Total all in cost 4,900 baht. 3,000 to them and 1,900 to immigration. Had they not been there I would have gone to Assist and got treated professionally and paid more money in addition to more travel time. But I would certainly have gone to them rather than the early morning line up. Those days are gone getting on in years and not interested in going to bed at 7:00 at night so I can get up in the middle of the night when I generally go to bed.

Edit

A friend of mine did his 90 day there this morning. He was under the impression that it is the same as the airport so he got there at 6:15 and said that there was only three people there. He said over all it was far better than the airport. The only thing wrong was they did not hand out forms until after 8:30 for those who needed them and they opened at 9:00. On the positive side the photo shop was open early enough to get the photo copies made. I forgot to ask him if they have facilities there to take your picture.

I doubt very much that any visa agency will put too much in writing, except something like "come in and talk to us".

To leave paper trails stating "we can do this that or the other in order to make an easy path for you stay here", probably won't happen and if the agencies are working in conjunction with immigration, they have probably been ordered not to put too much in writing.

Phone them, go and see them and talk to them, anyone living long enough in Thailand knows emails are pointless anyway!

''everyone living long enough in Thailand knows emails are pointless anyway''.

Well all I can tell you is that Thai Assist had no problem giving infomation,giving the quote for service ,clarifying any questions I had and setting up a scheduled appointment all via email within about an hour.

Which one?

Why?

I agree that they did not seem very professional to me either. Never the less from the time I walked into their office to the time I walked out of immigration with the deal all done. Was less than 45 minutes. I still had to wait until later in the day to get my passport back went to a movie and had a meal then collected it from them at 6:30.

Total all in cost 4,900 baht. 3,000 to them and 1,900 to immigration. Had they not been there I would have gone to Assist and got treated professionally and paid more money in addition to more travel time. But I would certainly have gone to them rather than the early morning line up. Those days are gone getting on in years and not interested in going to bed at 7:00 at night so I can get up in the middle of the night when I generally go to bed.

Edit

A friend of mine did his 90 day there this morning. He was under the impression that it is the same as the airport so he got there at 6:15 and said that there was only three people there. He said over all it was far better than the airport. The only thing wrong was they did not hand out forms until after 8:30 for those who needed them and they opened at 9:00. On the positive side the photo shop was open early enough to get the photo copies made. I forgot to ask him if they have facilities there to take your picture.

What was the 4900B for/ was that a renewal on your retirement visa ? Or 90 day reporting?

Which one?

Why?

Edit

What was the 4900B for/ was that a renewal on your retirement visa ? Or 90 day reporting?

Same as mine, post 52.

THB3000 agency fee. THB1900 immigration "retirement" visa application fee.

Which one?

Why?

Edit

A permission to stay for 365 more days. Not sure but I believe you were looking to get the original retirement Visa. That is a completely different animal.

90 days are free if you do them yourself. Thai Assist charges I believe 1,000 baht to do 4 if you do your renewal with them and 1,500 baht if that is all they do for you. I believe OS is 300 baht for each.

They can be mailed in or if you are lucky done on line. I choose to go in as they are easily done and it gives me an outing. Chance to do a little shopping or see a move plus a nice meal. There are several nice restaurants there. At the worst the longest time I ever spent doing a 90 day was an hour and a half.

I have met some interesting people there while waiting. Do not advise it for anti social people or the Hi So who think they are better than others.

Edit

I am retired that means I have time to do it. Not all are retired. I have a couple of friends who every 90 days have to leave the country and only I believe report in to immigration every 450 days. different situations but for the retired who is physically able to do it not a bad deal. How ever immigration would rather you mail them in.

just for clarafication purposes O/S THAI VISA fees are as follows

retirement visa is 7000 BAHT ( agency 5100 baht...immgr 1900baht)

your 90 days reports are included in the 7000 baht feesmile.pngclap2.gif

so if u do your maths O/S VISAS prices are very favourable to other agents in town, and u will receive 5 star personal service to bootbiggrin.png

a solo 90 day report ,fees are 300 baht

a lovely late afternoon to allsmile.png

If the lunacy continues at CM Immigration, especially after they merge and all services end up at the Promenade, I'm simply going to stop playing the "Wait in Line Kwai Farang" game and go with a Visa Service. Both OS and Thai Assist are on my list. I've heard nothing to indicate they are both anything except professional. I've contacted both, understand the pricing and services they render. I'll make a choice prior to my next extension.

<I'll stop here due to the fact that anything else I say may be construed as potentially libelous.>

Chuckamuck: That's self-censorship Lol

The prices for visa services by these companies as suggested by TV members is astonishing.

They are consistent re G4.

Thai Visa Assist - one should get daily quotes?

I see from the motoring forum that you have just paid 1.5 million cash for a new Pajero, so you obviously are not short of funds.coffee1.gif

What's with all the nickel and diming posts about the cost of a visa agent, just to save a couple of hundred baht. Beggars belief. whistling.gif

your 90 days reports are included in the 7000 baht fee:) clap2.gif

so if u do your maths O/S VISAS prices are very favourable to other agents in town, and u will receive 5 star personal service to boot:D

a lovely late afternoon to all:)

and that has what to do with the OP

"Herre in CM. on a 60 day tourist visa. only a few weeks into it. Am over 55 yrs .would like to convert into a ''retirement '' visa. I realize that it needs to be converted into a non immigrant O first. I want to use a visa agency for the process"

The prices for visa services by these companies as suggested by TV members is astonishing.

I see from the motoring forum that you have just paid 1.5 million cash for a new Pajero, so you obviously are not short of funds.coffee1.gif

What's with all the nickel and diming posts about the cost of a visa agent, just to save a couple of hundred baht. Beggars belief. whistling.gif

I am but a poor man from a humble background. Parents had 14 kids & we all slept in 1 room on 1 mattress. Life was not easy.

I was looking for the better life.

A member of a well-known Hi-So family had pity on me. She gave me a job as a handyman. Now life is good. One meal/day - 1 shower/week.

Soon, my BOSS will take ownership of a Pajero - I will wash it!

Choice of agency - really up to boss.

I am just a research assistant.

On her birthday, she demands that I muff dive - an income supplement!

Thank you to all members of this forum. You are my dearest friends & dearest enemies.

I guess he was able to pay cash for the new Pajero because he makes sensible decisions regarding how to spend his money. Fact is in this case,he can save around THB2000 by using one agent as opposed to another, around 30% saving give or take a few baht.

Seems logical to me?

May be because of the increase of Farangs coming to Chiang Mai and staying that immigration are conducting a Farang cull to keep the numbers down by making the city as undesirable and as inconvenient as possible.

With the closing down of bars and other places where Farangs like to hang out and the stressful immigration procedures, this has crossed my mind. Because if we were wanted here immigration would lay on proper facilities for us and the TAT would maintain a happy balance of places to entice us here, but it seems the exact opposite on the surface.

I much prefer to be treated less than a soi dog!

I refuse quality amenities & service.

I prefer arriving at 3am & leaving at 4pm.

This is exactly why I relocated to LOS. CNX I/O is the BEST. Change nothing, please.

May be because of the increase of Farangs coming to Chiang Mai and staying that immigration are conducting a Farang cull to keep the numbers down by making the city as undesirable and as inconvenient as possible.

With the closing down of bars and other places where Farangs like to hang out and the stressful immigration procedures, this has crossed my mind. Because if we were wanted here immigration would lay on proper facilities for us and the TAT would maintain a happy balance of places to entice us here, but it seems the exact opposite on the surface.

Nonsense. People have been saying that for years for one reason or another but the proof is in the pudding. The amount of people going to immigration is still growing.

If people think it is so horrible now wait until they get all their services moved over there. The way it is set up now the only big draw back is the girls out front. They won't give out more than 20 queue tickets a day even if they are dome by 3:00 and they don't always get the paper work rite. Last time I was there I had them check it and they said it was good. Turned out I had forgot to fill in a line. I used the agent next door and that was the first thing they spotted.

crossed my mind that a few months ago,something has really stirred the hornets nest up,and immigration are certinally not making things easy,for farrang old folk.

Nonsense. People have been saying that for years for one reason or another but the proof is in the pudding. The amount of people going to immigration is still growing.

If people think it is so horrible now wait until they get all their services moved over there. The way it is set up now the only big draw back is the girls out front. They won't give out more than 20 queue tickets a day even if they are dome by 3:00 and they don't always get the paper work rite. Last time I was there I had them check it and they said it was good. Turned out I had forgot to fill in a line. I used the agent next door and that was the first thing they spotted.

If people are considered of status and a valuable resource in a society then they are treated with respect accordingly. What`s going on now is how people claiming welfare and refugees are treated, that is second rate. Retirees are encouraged to come and invest in Thailand, and once here are now finding that what should be straight forward immigration procedures is a stressful experience, with not enough facilities to accommodate all of them.

More people are coming into Chiang Mai, and immigration tackle this by reducing the amount of visa application slots from 40 to 20 a day. Where is the logic in that?

No problems using an agency if these agencies are going to be regulated and ceilings placed on what they can charge that is not happening as far as I can see, this is my main concern.

It doesn`t take rocket science to see that the Chiang Mai immigration procedures are a complete shambles at the moment and retirees have not a clue what awaits them next time they apply for their visa extensions, no one knows which way this is heading.

Hardly any information coming out of immigration, Thai Visa has been my main means of finding out anything and why I joined, that in my mind is far from a satisfactory.

The big draw back is not only the girls out front, it is not them that make the rules, they are only doing what they are paid and told to do.

Us on retierment visas or extensions think we are big fish and the the Thai government should be grateful we are here , but we are mere minnows in the scheme of things, The government like al the governments throughout the world are looking for the big money and as retirees we don't have it .

Restrictions are being placed on governments throughout the world how and when we can recieve our pensions . I would think unless you can show considerable private means in the future you may not be welcome here. I hope that it will not become the case I for one do not originate from an AEAN community and that may be the stumbling block in the future.

Don't knock the guys and girls at immigration no matter how far they are up the food chain they only do what government dictates, and that information non of us are privy to.

If people are considered of status and a valuable resource in a society then they are treated with respect accordingly. What`s going on now is how people claiming welfare and refugees are treated, that is second rate. Retirees are encouraged to come and invest in Thailand, and once here are now finding that what should be straight forward immigration procedures is a stressful experience, with not enough facilities to accommodate all of them.

More people are coming into Chiang Mai, and immigration tackle this by reducing the amount of visa application slots from 40 to 20 a day. Where is the logic in that?

No problems using an agency if these agencies are going to be regulated and ceilings placed on what they can charge that is not happening as far as I can see, this is my main concern.

It doesn`t take rocket science to see that the Chiang Mai immigration procedures are a complete shambles at the moment and retirees have not a clue what awaits them next time they apply for their visa extensions, no one knows which way this is heading.

Hardly any information coming out of immigration, Thai Visa has been my main means of finding out anything and why I joined, that in my mind is far from a satisfactory.

The big draw back is not only the girls out front, it is not them that make the rules, they are only doing what they are paid and told to do.

this has been an ongoing problem even worse for the last 4 or 5 years. Now at least you have parking.

As for retires coming here to invest I don't think so. You can invest in Thailand from your home country. I think they come here to retire.

They were doing 40 plus a day before the move. The one fellow told me they were shooting for 50. How ever only half that 40 was retiree. The rest were other type visa's which are still at the airport. But they tell us they are coming. That is scary.

According to Nancy they officially did 5,200 give or take retires last year the others were a different type visa. I see no change in the system. The same forms and the same photocopies. Just a different location and not every one in the same building.

True we don't know what is coming but I suspect it will become a little easier in the future due to this upcoming uniting of Asian countries. All ready there are RUMORS of a better initial Visa.

this has been an ongoing problem even worse for the last 4 or 5 years. Now at least you have parking.

As for retires coming here to invest I don't think so. You can invest in Thailand from your home country. I think they come here to retire.

They were doing 40 plus a day before the move. The one fellow told me they were shooting for 50. How ever only half that 40 was retiree. The rest were other type visa's which are still at the airport. But they tell us they are coming. That is scary.

According to Nancy they officially did 5,200 give or take retires last year the others were a different type visa. I see no change in the system. The same forms and the same photocopies. Just a different location and not every one in the same building.

True we don't know what is coming but I suspect it will become a little easier in the future due to this upcoming uniting of Asian countries. All ready there are RUMORS of a better initial Visa.

I can understand that the system has become over loaded and I think the agencies are a great idea, highly beneficial, they help those that get confused with their paperwork, the selfish people that instead of making sure they get it right, end up throwing spanners in the works by holding up the process thinking it`s the duty of immigration officers to assist them filling in forms when it is not.

No problems with that, providing that whoever are the people running the agencies don`t see this as gaining a monopoly to charge what they see fit and can get away with. This not happening are the assurances I want to see, some type of regulated system.

If Thai Visa Assist would like to make a comment on this concern, it would be most welcome.

so if u do your maths O/S VISAS prices are very favourable to other agents in town, and u will receive 5 star personal service to bootbiggrin.png

Good clear information..Assistthai charges about 700B more for same service.Not sure if the 90 day reports are included tho.

The question I have is what does O/S charge to convert the 60 day tourist visa into the NON''O''? For that service I've heard that assistthai charges aprrox. 12500B, visa included in the price as are all fees. I think the visa for that is 3000B which gives the remainder ,9700B for assistthai.

Us on retierment visas or extensions think we are big fish and the the Thai government should be grateful we are here , but we are mere minnows in the scheme of things, The government like al the governments throughout the world are looking for the big money and as retirees we don't have it .

Restrictions are being placed on governments throughout the world how and when we can recieve our pensions . I would think unless you can show considerable private means in the future you may not be welcome here. I hope that it will not become the case I for one do not originate from an AEAN community and that may be the stumbling block in the future.

Don't knock the guys and girls at immigration no matter how far they are up the food chain they only do what government dictates, and that information non of us are privy to.

Recently spent some time in the States and Canada. Being a United States citizen and for many years a landed immigrant in Canada I crossed the border many many times. I noticed that it was still fairly easy for me just showing my passport but now they demand it where they never did before on entry to Canada. Also having it was not enough they also asked where I lived. Got a smile when I told them Thailand.

What I am saying is it is getting harder in other countries also. The world is becoming a distrustful lot. Been to Mexico several times the first time they didn't ask for any thing the next time I showed them my birth certificate and the last time they had to see my passport. Not that I am sure they bothered to see if it was valid which of course it was. But the progression was obvious. So far here in Thailand it has been the same for many years no change. Just takes longer because there is more of us today coming for the good life. A sad world to live in when the yearly report and 90 day ruin it for some one.

As for us on retirement being small fish you are right the big fish are the ones who create work and invest money in the Thai companies or have positions of power in the various industries. They personally don't spend much more than us but they do create a lot of income for Thai's.

Good clear information..Assistthai charges about 700B more for same service.Not sure if the 90 day reports are included tho.

The question I have is what does O/S charge to convert the 60 day tourist visa into the NON''O''? For that service I've heard that assistthai charges aprrox. 12500B, visa included in the price as are all fees. I think the visa for that is 3000B which gives the remainder ,9700B for assistthai.

What ever they charge you for that conversion is too much as it happens in Bangkok and it takes two trips to have it done. Just go to Laos and get a non o visa there much easier than the conversion unless you live in Bangkok.

Archived