Young Australian attacked in Koh Samui by American millionaires son's charged with assault

webfact

Young Australian Attacked in Koh Samui by American Millionaires Son's Charged with Assault

KOH SAMUI – Jack Hansen-Bartel a young Australian who suffered serious facial injuries when he was bashed by two Americans in Thailand is facing assault charges — and his family believe he is being unfairly targeted.

A Thai court held a young Aussie Jack Hansen-Bartel in custody today on a trivial misdemeanor charge concocted by a Chinese-American millionaire whose son and one other are accused of a vicious attack on him last year in Koh Samui.

The same police force which has been involved in the investigation of the murder of Britons Hannah Witheridge.

Jack Hansen-Bartel has required three operations after he had teeth knocked out and his jaw bone shattered in an altercation in a nightclub while on a holiday on Koh Samui.

The two Americans involved, Raymond Chang and Ryan Wang, walked away from the fight unscathed.

“I just remember bleeding profusely — my gum bone [being] all shattered,” Mr Hansen-Bartel told ABC’s Reporters.

He said it started when he met Tiffany Mariko Turner at the beach earlier that day in June last year.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/young-australian-attacked-in-koh-samui-by-american-millionaires-sons-charged-with-assault.html

-- CHIANGRAI TIMES 2015-10-02

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have followed this case from the start and the two that assaulted Jack should be locked up they are just animals.

Its obvious the Millionaire father has paid big money for this.

More injustice in Thailand, make me sick.coffee1.gif

This has been getting some time on ABC TV in Australia over the last couple of days. I don't know which side is telling the truth, but it seems odd that one guy can end up with serious injuries and the other two walk away apparently unscathed. Those in Australia that have talked with me about the case find it incredible that the police can charge someone then "change their minds" and charge the former "victim". As another poster has said the only winners here are the police.

I always advise young Australians proposing to visit Thailand that they can have an enjoyable holiday but don't get involved in bar fights but if you do don't expect the police to support you even if you are in the "right".

I have followed this case from the start and the two that assaulted Jack should be locked up they are just animals.

"More injustice in Thailand, make me sick"

Hardly unique to Thailand. Celebrities and the uber-wealthy usually get different treatment even in Farangland. Do you really think everyone is treated equally in the US or Europe or anywhere else.

That said, I assume when you say you've "followed this case," that you've read about it in the news. Trial by media and he-said-she-said, is rarely reliable. Bar fights fueled by alcohol, testosterone and other stimulants is seldom easy to analyze and being rich doesn't automatically mean someone is an "animal," just as being not-so-rich doesn't make one a blameless innocent.

RGR10.jpg

Hardly unique to Thailand. Celebrities and the uber-wealthy usually get different treatment even in Farangland. Do you really think everyone is treated equally in the US or Europe or anywhere else.

That said, I assume when you say you've "followed this case," that you've read about it in the news. Trial by media and he-said-she-said, is rarely reliable. Bar fights fueled by alcohol, testosterone and other stimulants is seldom easy to analyze and being rich doesn't automatically mean someone is an "animal," just as being not-so-rich doesn't make one a blameless innocent.

RGR10.jpg

This is a Thailand forum and we are talking about an assualt in Thailand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Why do you always try & bring other country's into the discussion. You do it all the time & takes it off topic.

You dont know me or what I do or how I followed this case, you just make up your own mind.coffee1.gif

RGR10.jpg

From your post it is very obvious you have not followed this case at all.

never any winners in a fight when the police are involved in any country, winner goes to jail loser looser to hospital, no matter who started it.

in my opinion better to be tried by 12 than nursed by 1

Except that in this case the likely outcome is loser goes to jail, loser goes to hospital. The American boys and the girl are lying.

i

Money can buy you every thing in Thailand, the country is rotten to the core.

Didn't do O J Simpson much harm either the first time around now did it?

Simpson's acquittal had nothing to do with money. He was set free by a majority African-American jury who were hostile to the police establishment.

"Everybody have fun tonight, everybody Wang Chang tonight"

Sorry guys, but ThaiWai's post reminds me of the how cultural misunderstandings can occur.

In the late 1970s, Wang, the American computer company could not understand why its British branches were refusing to use its latest motto "Wang Cares”!

For those who can’t see the problem, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvtjWhz9OtU

If you still don’t get it (you’re at risk of being called one), see http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/<deleted>

On a more serious side, the British interpretation pretty much sums up the Wang and Chang clans involved in this article.

post-209291-0-50743600-1443751835_thumb.

My advice to any Australian coming to Thailand, if you don't have a shitload of money, don't come

Pretty solid advice to anyone going anywhere I thought?

I happen to be Australian but when visiting any country influenced by money you are always best off walking away. White knighting isn't going to work out well.

Having seen the CTV from the club, the girl is definately lying.

In the article it states she is now refusing to give evidence after her previous statement was shown to be a load of lies.

Maybe she should be sued as well?

Suing has become the new Thai national pastime.

Money can buy you every thing in Thailand, the country is rotten to the core.

So Ms Hansen thought too, 10,000,000 baht compensation to drop the case?

Any chance of any links?

I have to admit that this forum's good in that it's got lots of stories, but the amount of <deleted>, speculating on things and the pass remarkable approach about abslutely anything on any subject is what lets it down.

The best example of this is the threads on people overstaying their visas and wanting to know what best to do, only to get a wankathon of <deleted> having a go at them and not giving them any advice.

Back to this story. Am I right in understanding that the Ozzy's been in prison all this time, awaiting a trial?

Thailand's not actually any more bent than any country, it's just they're shit at hiding it, and they'll let themselves get corrupted over the amount of money most people would let blow in the wind. I am still trying to give them some info. on something quite massive, which involves a large British firm totally raping them to the tune of tens of millions of dollars a month, and it goes straight over their heads.

I don't think this "don't get into fights" 'advice' is totally childish. People don't always want to get into fights. I don't know what happened here but a lot of rich peoples' children are psychopaths as it's intergenerational. More rich people are psychopaths than average or poor people. This is just science. Rich people are more likely to break the law by a long stretch---mainly as a result of this. I'm not saying that having a million dollars makes anyone rich, having said that. You would struggle to buy a house in many parts of the UK with only that much.

Archived