Young Australian attacked in Koh Samui by American millionaires son's charged with assault

webfact

Money can buy you every thing in Thailand, the country is rotten to the core.

So Ms Hansen thought too, 10,000,000 baht compensation to drop the case?

Any chance of any links?

I have to admit that this forum's good in that it's got lots of stories, but the amount of <deleted>, speculating on things and the pass remarkable approach about abslutely anything on any subject is what lets it down.

The best example of this is the threads on people overstaying their visas and wanting to know what best to do, only to get a wankathon of <deleted> having a go at them and not giving them any advice.

Back to this story. Am I right in understanding that the Ozzy's been in prison all this time, awaiting a trial?

Thailand's not actually any more bent than any country, it's just they're shit at hiding it, and they'll let themselves get corrupted over the amount of money most people would let blow in the wind. I am still trying to give them some info. on something quite massive, which involves a large British firm totally raping them to the tune of tens of millions of dollars a month, and it goes straight over their heads.

I don't think this "don't get into fights" 'advice' is totally childish. People don't always want to get into fights. I don't know what happened here but a lot of rich peoples' children are psychopaths as it's intergenerational. More rich people are psychopaths than average or poor people. This is just science. Rich people are more likely to break the law by a long stretch---mainly as a result of this. I'm not saying that having a million dollars makes anyone rich, having said that. You would struggle to buy a house in many parts of the UK with only that much.

Rich people literally get away with murder in China, though--I mean the attitude in the culture is entrenched that they run over children with their flashy cars and think nothing of it.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been getting some time on ABC TV in Australia over the last couple of days. I don't know which side is telling the truth, but it seems odd that one guy can end up with serious injuries and the other two walk away apparently unscathed. Those in Australia that have talked with me about the case find it incredible that the police can charge someone then "change their minds" and charge the former "victim". As another poster has said the only winners here are the police.

I always advise young Australians proposing to visit Thailand that they can have an enjoyable holiday but don't get involved in bar fights but if you do don't expect the police to support you even if you are in the "right".

Well your up against the best police force in the world,the only way to get justice here is for Media to splash the CCTV footage across the international arena, the best police force in the world tha rewards themselves for crimes without a conviction it is obvious a bribe has been paid here and a sad day for the best bribed police in the world.

Are they really American? From Raymond Chang's father's bio, he seems to be mainland Chinese, educated in the USA:

http://raymond-nobu-chang.blogspot.com

Just more rich Chinese mafia kids. I would hardly call them Americans just because they live in America part time. They will get away with it just like the Thai mafia kids that murdered the British couple in Koh Tao.

Whenever there are young white girls in Thailand some rich corrupt Asian hoodlums who are used to getting their way, get all hot and bothered and start some shit. They all want to score the white prize since they are all obsessed with white skin. White girls don't belong in Thailand anyway. I wouldn't even recommend that anyone under 40 or maybe even 35 at the youngest even go to Thailand in the first place.

Nothing like whelps of the elites; silver spoon inserted in their posterior and an overblown sense of status and entitlement in their heads.

Seem the Wang Bro' use Bangkok rules instead of Queensberry rules. Lol

Sorry for the Australian who is the victim. I guess this is more good publicity for Thailand's tourist industry. Soon tourists will get the message which is "no matter what you do it is your fault." Moving in the direction of Saudi Arabia which can only be a bad thing

"Everybody have fun tonight, everybody Wang Chang tonight"

Sorry guys, but ThaiWai's post reminds me of the how cultural misunderstandings can occur.

In the late 1970s, Wang, the American computer company could not understand why its British branches were refusing to use its latest motto "Wang Cares”!

For those who can’t see the problem, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvtjWhz9OtU

If you still don’t get it (you’re at risk of being called one), see http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/&lt;deleted&gt;

On a more serious side, the British interpretation pretty much sums up the Wang and Chang clans involved in this article.

The place I worked used to have a team of "input clerks", all women. They used Wang computers and were know as the "Wang team". They were managed by a Mr. King...who was affectionately known as the "Wang King".

Sorry for the Australian who is the victim. I guess this is more good publicity for Thailand's tourist industry. Soon tourists will get the message which is "no matter what you do it is your fault." Moving in the direction of Saudi Arabia which can only be a bad thing

Probably has more to do with alcohol and egos. My last venture into a Night Club ended with some idiot foreigner sucker punching me out of the blue (I never saw where he came from or why he hit me) and ended with the bouncers pulling me off the guy while I was trying my best to separate his head from his body in a choke hold. I ended up making a trip to the hospital has the A'hole demolished my glasses and damaged my retina.

That ended my Night Club days. I've gotten too old for that silly-assed nonsense.

Samui is so corrupt it is unreal a couple of months ago I went to the government offices in Nathon and requested a house registration yellow book which should cost no more than 200 baht . After a discussion with a colleague the girl on the counter told me that I had to pay 30,000 baht, I had taken along a Thai friend who acted as a translator she could not believe what they told her and even though she questioned the price they insisted that if I wanted the yellow book I had to pay the 30,000 baht she gave them a piece of her mind and we left . The whole island is full of corruption and it will never change maybe the PM should come and sort it out !!!!!

Having seen the CTV from the club, the girl is definately lying.

Correct. It was a cowardly attack. The girl lied, was caught out in the lies and now refuses to cooperate knowing full well she will be in trouble.

Having seen the CTV from the club, the girl is definately lying.

Do you have a link to this footage?

She claimed she was in the night club with the 2 Americans whereas CCTV footage clearly shows her entering hand in hand with the young Australian. The Americans claim the Australian guy began molesting her and then they stepped in and defended her honour. They claimed that the Australian started the fight.The footage also shows the young Americans going up to the Australian and speaking to him after he had entered with the girl. There is no way that she was already inside with the Americans as she told police.

again we have the power of money influencing this case and the same police who made a mess of the backpack murders on koh tao the result the victim has been charged with assault although he is still having treatment for his injuries his two assailants walked away uninjured the cctv footage clearly shows who is to blame the police should act on it .

"Everybody have fun tonight, everybody Wang Chang tonight"

Sorry guys, but ThaiWai's post reminds me of the how cultural misunderstandings can occur.

In the late 1970s, Wang, the American computer company could not understand why its British branches were refusing to use its latest motto "Wang Cares”!

For those who can’t see the problem, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvtjWhz9OtU

If you still don’t get it (you’re at risk of being called one), see http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/&lt;deleted&gt;

On a more serious side, the British interpretation pretty much sums up the Wang and Chang clans involved in this article.

And we all know what WANG stands for. We Are No Good.

the aussie kid and his family as millionaires also. he was studying at the most expensive international school in Bangkok and balling it up in Koh Samui.

No doubt he had enjoyed the benefit of corruption and significant wealth in Thailand, whether that was simple stuff like avoiding motorbike fines or more.

Now the boot is on another foot and it is all "young aussie with promising future as student/model" vs "super rich chinese bad guys" , when it is really just two silver spoon kids who got into a bar fight and one guy ended up a lot worse for wear.

I have followed this case from the start and the two that assaulted Jack should be locked up they are just animals.

Its obvious the Millionaire father has paid big money for this.

More injustice in Thailand, make me sick.coffee1.gif

"More injustice in Thailand, make me sick"

Hardly unique to Thailand. Celebrities and the uber-wealthy usually get different treatment even in Farangland. Do you really think everyone is treated equally in the US or Europe or anywhere else.

That said, I assume when you say you've "followed this case," that you've read about it in the news. Trial by media and he-said-she-said, is rarely reliable. Bar fights fueled by alcohol, testosterone and other stimulants is seldom easy to analyze and being rich doesn't automatically mean someone is an "animal," just as being not-so-rich doesn't make one a blameless innocent.

RGR10.jpg

This is a Thailand forum and we are talking about an assualt in Thailand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Why do you always try & bring other country's into the discussion. You do it all the time & takes it off topic.

You dont know me or what I do or how I followed this case, you just make up your own mind.coffee1.gif

probably because you make it sound like its something specific to thailand

the aussie kid and his family as millionaires also. he was studying at the most expensive international school in Bangkok and balling it up in Koh Samui.

No doubt he had enjoyed the benefit of corruption and significant wealth in Thailand, whether that was simple stuff like avoiding motorbike fines or more.

Now the boot is on another foot and it is all "young aussie with promising future as student/model" vs "super rich chinese bad guys" , when it is really just two silver spoon kids who got into a bar fight and one guy ended up a lot worse for wear.

Obviously you know nothing about the case

Sounds like the only winners iun this case will be Thai police and court officials who will get the money for standing in the middle.

Same as always when rich people are involved.

This is insane, what about witnesses and cctv footage, are they bribed too?

I have followed this case from the start and the two that assaulted Jack should be locked up they are just animals.

Hardly unique to Thailand. Celebrities and the uber-wealthy usually get different treatment even in Farangland. Do you really think everyone is treated equally in the US or Europe or anywhere else.

That said, I assume when you say you've "followed this case," that you've read about it in the news. Trial by media and he-said-she-said, is rarely reliable. Bar fights fueled by alcohol, testosterone and other stimulants is seldom easy to analyze and being rich doesn't automatically mean someone is an "animal," just as being not-so-rich doesn't make one a blameless innocent.

RGR10.jpg

This is a Thailand forum and we are talking about an assualt in Thailand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Why do you always try & bring other country's into the discussion. You do it all the time & takes it off topic.

You dont know me or what I do or how I followed this case, you just make up your own mind.coffee1.gif

Although sometimes it may appear that way, but Thailand does not exist in a vacuum. Generalized statements like " . . . More injustice in Thailand . . ." beg a comparison to other countries. He said he assumed you followed the case in the media. Well, how did you follow the case?

Just another story, of the hundreds, if not thousands we have heard about the Koh Samui police. Best solution would be to lock up every single officer on Samui, without a trial. Why would a trial be required? Is there any doubt of their guilt? Reform is long overdue. But, sadly the RCO (revenue collection officers) continue to swindle the public, and earn a fortune in the process. Does anyone care?

RGR10.jpg

From your post it is very obvious you have not followed this case at all.

I don't know how anyone could read his post and come to that conclusion. coffee1.gif

Archived