Young Australian attacked in Koh Samui by American millionaires son's charged with assault

webfact

This has been getting some time on ABC TV in Australia over the last couple of days. I don't know which side is telling the truth, but it seems odd that one guy can end up with serious injuries and the other two walk away apparently unscathed. Those in Australia that have talked with me about the case find it incredible that the police can charge someone then "change their minds" and charge the former "victim". As another poster has said the only winners here are the police.

I always advise young Australians proposing to visit Thailand that they can have an enjoyable holiday but don't get involved in bar fights but if you do don't expect the police to support you even if you are in the "right".

Read the stuff properly. The second time he walked in the bar he says someone just started hitting him. Good looking guy, nice girl who liked him two other jealous guys bammo.

You cannot always know what's happening. Especially with the girl. Then she gets paid to lie, then sees the original footage, then doesn't want to testify because she has already purjured herself. . . . I feel sorry for this young Aussie. He didn't see it coming. Sometimes you just don't. I really hope he gets the justice he deserves. A lot of us complain about camera surveillance but sometimes, it can assist in the truth of outright crimes of violence.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Jack is due back in court in November, when are the two American-Chinese thugs due back in court?

You could see the way this was going as soon as daddy the millionaire arrived, and met with the RTP and his lawyers. Remember he assaulted a Aussie press crew, and it's a pity they didn't press charges too.

Thailand will never progress beyond what it is today until the justice system and jokers who enforce the law are totally reformed. Until then, it will simply be about who can afford to buy the verdict they want.

My advice to any Australian coming to Thailand, if you don't have a shitload of money, don't come

Not just money, I'm betting the Chinese have connections in Thailand. Many more Thai with Chinese DNA than there is with Australian DNA. Australian mom wants 10,000,000 baht for medical expenses, it probably takes a lot less than that tol buy a lot of consideration in Thailand.

I have followed this case from the start and the two that assaulted Jack should be locked up they are just animals.

Its obvious the Millionaire father has paid big money for this.

More injustice in Thailand, make me sick.coffee1.gif

I have been attacked by a few looneys on the forum for making this post.

Corruption in Thailand = Injustice.

"The amount of likes I received seems to speak volumes."

Lots of people do seem to enjoy troll posts!

I suspect the amount of likes you received has little to do with the fact that your post contained any deep insightful content, but everything to do with the fact that it was number 4 in the thread on the first page and comes across as just another typical narrow minded 'let's single out Thailand for some bashing' post.

Further confirmed by your latest inflammatory offering "Corruption in Thailand = Injustice"........

Actually corruption anywhere is likely to equal injustice, and hey newsflash! there is plenty of corruption all over the world.

Money can buy you every thing in Thailand, the country is rotten to the core.

It's the same in any country - look at OJ Simpson etc.

Time for you to leave this beautiful Kingdom that has been my home for 30 years.

Comments like this are unwelcome and untrue.

When will people ever learn not to have a holiday in Thailand. I mean what does it take.

It's just as stupid as the American populace continuing to preserve their "right" to bear arms. Meanwhile there is mass shooting after mass shooting. Clearly the population as a whole couldn't give a rats ass how many innocent people die (as long as it isn't them…right?)

Spend your holiday money where you are treated with respect and welcomed happily by the locals. And, importantly, your rights as a human being are upheld and you do receive justice.

You don't get justice in Thailand! So, stop going to Thailand!

Go to almost anywhere in Europe, U.K., Canada, N.Z., South Sea islands etc etc

Thailand does not deserve your hard earned money and it definitely does not deserve your life.

Wake up and don't continue to be so dumb.

Having seen the CTV from the club, the girl is definately lying.

She is lieing because she was either paid off or threatened with death. And the Thai police were clearly paid off or just need new eye glasses. Mr PM do your job!

My Advice Stay well clear of Thailand it is not what it was ^years or more ago there are so ny better places to holiday

My thoughts exactly! Just stop visiting. Oh I know your thinking "it will never happen to me".

Then go ahead, but don't say you weren't warned:-)

Having seen the CTV from the club, the girl is definately lying.

She is lieing because she was either paid off or threatened with death. And the Thai police were clearly paid off or just need new eye glasses. Mr PM do your job!

You're kidding right? expecting, or even hoping that the so called PM will do anything that is appropriate, fair and just.

again we have the power of money influencing this case and the same police who made a mess of the backpack murders on koh tao the result the victim has been charged with assault although he is still having treatment for his injuries his two assailants walked away uninjured the cctv footage clearly shows who is to blame the police should act on it .

cctv footage is gone like always when rich people pull strings and RTP puppets do what their told to do.

RTP police criminals and what a nice thing to do

Hey Prayut is this your global message to Mr Obama... Do not think this goes unoticed. This is a disgrace and is this part of your ROAD MAP

Oh I forget the other scum bags are little Chinese the super race NOT

A Shame on YOU

Rich Yanks think they rule the world, either collectively as a nation or in gangs or pairs who by way of their culture think that might is always right.

More American bashing? I would be more concerned with how a sober strapping Aussie lad couldn't even get enough of a lick in on two Chinese lads to hurt them--if there were two.

The article quotes the Aussie as saying ""I just turn around and I see punches coming, from one guy,” Mr Hansen-Bartel said." The Aussie had a big brave brother and friends too--if they let two guys beat up on poor Jack.

Then there's the girl who denies her "tenderness" toward Jack, of course, that must be the rich American part. I have actually seen fights in which the rich were the victims.

Perhaps there is more to this story than is revealed in the article--another case of trial by media me thinks.

"The two Americans involved, Raymond Chang and Ryan Wang"...Americans?..Don't think so. I would never call them anything but Chinese..Asians the very least.

Now there's a comment which belies reality. You never knew some Chinese immigrated to the States and became Americans? The only true Americans are the Native American Indians, all the rest are immigrants. From which tribe do you claim heritage?

the aussie kid and his family as millionaires also. he was studying at the most expensive international school in Bangkok and balling it up in Koh Samui.

No doubt he had enjoyed the benefit of corruption and significant wealth in Thailand, whether that was simple stuff like avoiding motorbike fines or more.

Now the boot is on another foot and it is all "young aussie with promising future as student/model" vs "super rich chinese bad guys" , when it is really just two silver spoon kids who got into a bar fight and one guy ended up a lot worse for wear.

Rubbish. You're an armchair judge with little apparent access to the evidence against the American boys. When you are a bit more informed, you're welcome to voice your opinion again.

I have followed this case from the start and the two that assaulted Jack should be locked up they are just animals.

Its obvious the Millionaire father has paid big money for this.

More injustice in Thailand, make me sick.coffee1.gif

take a couple of asprin.

the aussie kid and his family as millionaires also. he was studying at the most expensive international school in Bangkok and balling it up in Koh Samui.

No doubt he had enjoyed the benefit of corruption and significant wealth in Thailand, whether that was simple stuff like avoiding motorbike fines or more.

Now the boot is on another foot and it is all "young aussie with promising future as student/model" vs "super rich chinese bad guys" , when it is really just two silver spoon kids who got into a bar fight and one guy ended up a lot worse for wear.

Rubbish. You're an armchair judge with little apparent access to the evidence against the American boys. When you are a bit more informed, you're welcome to voice your opinion again.

Well I have asked him who paid the boys school fees and what jobs and how much money the parents have and he refused to provide the details.

That should tell you enough about the veracity of his posts.

This the nature of modern mainland Chinese and Singaporean "immigrants", they are like slave master's children, and the bad kind of slave master, corrupt to the core and murderers at heart.

Are they really American? From Raymond Chang's father's bio, he seems to be mainland Chinese, educated in the USA:

http://raymond-nobu-chang.blogspot.com

that's what i thought too.

Anyone with enough money can gain American citizenship and passport. Nothing strange here.

Anyone can apply for naturalization after 5 years. My wife did. This guy was clearly in the US longer than that just with his academic pursuits.

When will people ever learn not to have a holiday in Thailand. I mean what does it take.

It's just as stupid as the American populace continuing to preserve their "right" to bear arms. Meanwhile there is mass shooting after mass shooting. Clearly the population as a whole couldn't give a rats ass how many innocent people die (as long as it isn't them…right?)

Spend your holiday money where you are treated with respect and welcomed happily by the locals. And, importantly, your rights as a human being are upheld and you do receive justice.

You don't get justice in Thailand! So, stop going to Thailand!

Go to almost anywhere in Europe, U.K., Canada, N.Z., South Sea islands etc etc

Thailand does not deserve your hard earned money and it definitely does not deserve your life.

Wake up and don't continue to be so dumb.

Not sure about the need for the non sequitur regarding the 2nd amendment but, if you needed to get that off your chest...

My advice to any Australian coming to Thailand, if you don't have a shitload of money, don't come

Not just money, I'm betting the Chinese have connections in Thailand. Many more Thai with Chinese DNA than there is with Australian DNA. Australian mom wants 10,000,000 baht for medical expenses, it probably takes a lot less than that tol buy a lot of consideration in Thailand.

australian dna?? lol

RTP police criminals and what a nice thing to do

Hey Prayut is this your global message to Mr Obama... Do not think this goes unoticed. This is a disgrace and is this part of your ROAD MAP

Oh I forget the other scum bags are little Chinese the super race NOT

A Shame on YOU

The sad FACT is… western governments don't care what happens in Thailand and they certainly don't care about their citizens here. That's why these things happen all the time because Thais know instinctively that nothing will ever happen. Western governments are all show and no substance (just like the Thai govt.)

If any western govt. had any guts at all or even a modicum of decency they could solve these kinds of problems with a phone call. These are the kinds of problems Putin would fix in a second.

Archived