bars closing at 12 am

DanceAllNight

For the past month or so all the bars have been closing at 12 am...and this is all bars, not just in the tourist areas. From the nimman places to Zoe in Yellow.

So, will this continue or will the bars eventually start closing at their regular times once again?

How can bars survive with these laws? 12 am? C'mon...

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP has also a thread going in the Marriage & Divorce sub forum. There, his worries seem to concentrate on the "sin sod" issue. Here. he is worried about the opening hours of bars.

Surely, he will make for a nice husband.

Cheers.

OP has also a thread going in the Marriage & Divorce sub forum. There, his worries seem to concentrate on the "sin sod" issue. Here. he is worried about the opening hours of bars.

Cheers.

hahaha.... but im not getting married anytime soon.

I am a person in my 20's who likes to drink beer past midnight, so what?

smile.png

surely, no married or otherwise taken thai men or western go to bars, right?

Cheers.

hahaha.... but im not getting married anytime soon.

I am a person in my 20's who likes to drink beer past midnight, so what?

smile.png

surely, no married or otherwise taken thai men or western go to bars, right?

I am happy to hear, that you don't intend to get married soon in Thailand. Good for you biggrin.png

Cheers.

When I went to bars there was no need to stay past midnight, I usually got 'pulled' by 10 and we were well at it by 12.wink.png

easy enough to do if you're paying for it. Were you? smile.png

Nah, if you read it again I said that I was 'pulled'......they were fighting to go with me.

Actually TBH I have paid for it, what bloke in Thailand hasn't?

Sometimes it cost blood!!

As I recall, and maybe it's the same as in CM, a lot of the hotties don't even get to the bar until 10pm. That doesn't give so much time for ogling the eye-candy, now does it?

exactly... i usually just get the party started at 12 am...

if you've ever been to Buenos Aires, the clubs don't open until 12 am and get going around 2 am...

and Korea is popping all night.

I love Thailand, but this Gov't is killing all the fun.

Anyone remember for a very shot period in 2004 when an 11 pm closing time was being enforced. Talk about complaining.laugh.png

Give the kid a break. In my youth they used to bring the party to me. The bars closed and every one came to my place even if I hadn't gone out that night.

I think the real test of the midnight closings will be Loi Krathong--if they still enforce midnight closings over that period then I think we may assume it will not end until Chiang Mai has only "respectable", i.e. Chinese, tourists.

Until then, get an early start and have some emergency provisions in your room.

Anyone remember for a very shot period in 2004 when an 11 pm closing time was being enforced. Talk about complaining.laugh.png

Give the kid a break. In my youth they used to bring the party to me. The bars closed and every one came to my place even if I hadn't gone out that night.

Where did they park their horses?

I love Thailand, but this Gov't is killing all the fun.

If you want to party until the early morning then there are many places in Thailand where you can still do that.

Chiang Mai is a small city with a population of 2-300k people and have never been known for its vibrant nightlife, comparing it to Buenos Aires is ludicrous.

I think this may be a case of depending where you go - after a couple of weeks of strict midnight closing at the beginning of last month or maybe a bit earlier, things seem to be returning to normal.

(I'm assessing this purely on the time Mr K comes home after a big night).

Bars in the night bazaar/gallare area were open past midnight last night/this morning showing the EPL

I also notice the Chang Dolly birds are back in their uniforms serving drinks etc in the Anusan market bar(s) and that Loi Kroh bars are all open and serving between 2-5pm with drinks on display.

They seem to be relaxing the rules again!

Bars in the night bazaar/gallare area were open past midnight last night/this morning showing the EPL

I also notice the Chang Dolly birds are back in their uniforms serving drinks etc in the Anusan market bar(s) and that Loi Kroh bars are all open and serving between 2-5pm with drinks on display.

They seem to be relaxing the rules again!

Relaxing the rules gives them time to regroup and hit hard again........it's a game.

Cynical of me I know but I always think everything is a bit more relaxed at the start of the month so that those with a fresh pay (Thai and locally engaged expats) including BIB and the powers that be can spend their baht on booze, massage, girls, gambling and remit monies made from same to families....then back to the close down after first real weekend.

Most young blokes wouldn't be bothered with bars after 12am. More likely to opt for nightclubs. Say in bkk climax. On the islands always parties on the beach. Lot of bars in the main are already mostly empty. Plenty of alternatives after 12

Archived