bars closing at 12 am

DanceAllNight

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do the girls do ? Stand there . Drink leo. eat some food, talk to their friends, dance a bit, that kind of thing.

Yeah, pretty much. And serve you stuff. If you're lucky you get one pretty much dedicated to your table and you can chat and flirt a bit.

Personally I think it's okay when you're with a group of guys. But by yourself (or even you and a buddy) I think there's more fun to be had around Loy Kroh.

Worth mentioning (for the wanna-be monger) that the beer promotion girls are not allowed to sit with customers, so it is not Loy Kroh-style beer bars where the purpose of the girls is to sit or go with customers.

5555...they only tell that to farang with tattoos. I've had several join me for some food and/or chat before....in nice short Tiger or Heineken dresses, too.

Theres a small soi of beer bars, just down from oxide to the east.. Some (limited) english spoken by some girls there but that street aside I wouldnt think santhitham is a western solo guy looking for (cough) friendly girls location at all.. Theres lots of bars with eye candy, staff you can chat to (in Thai usually) and possibly grab a phone number, similar chance of success as say warm up..

I like a few bars around there, but its definitely going out, with a group, for a night out.. Not a hookup type setup..

Theres some good bars.. But just bars.. How you do in them will be down to you, and that will need at least some Thai ability.. Theres a mini zone (one place called muen buri cafe) which has some dodgier looking bars further back, unsure if any are even karaoke style, but the front ones friendly locals without being (cough) friendly girls in quotes..

If your looking for an undiscovered LK.. This isnt it.

The CFNM bars on Loi Kroh Soi 3 and Khampangdin roads are still going strong with no police interference. It's a lady's night out place but great for a guy who wants to be the 'NM" - closes at 11pm - pays well.

You learn something new every day, lol.

I love hookers, and they are found in bars, not bothered about drinking myself, but happy to buy them drinks while they rub against me.

That is quite good value.

Get a feel and a grope for the price of a drink.

How much is a ladies drink , 120B ?

Could you just give then 120 B for a grope ?

I usually buy them two drinks then a 200bht tip when I leave.

Depending on their entertainment value.

So thats two ladies drinks for 300 Baht and 200 Baht depending on how far she will let you go .

500 Baht for a grope ?

You could get av all in short time for that price .

The mood of various bar owners is getting uglier I think, in the last few weeks, with high season coming, I get a feeing that things are boiling over a bit, one owner I was talking to was flat out angry and stressed.. Told me that at a meeting recently with the police the police told them "dont compare Chiang Mai with Bangkok or Phuket, they are not the same" and she was spitting feathers saying "why the is it not the same.. Pattaya 4 o clock no problem" etc.. Theres been 2 or 3 meetings in the last month with angry bar owners pushing back at the police enforcement, and I hear from another bar owner they are intending to go and protest at 12:30 tonight.

So far they havent really formed a group to push back but I get the vibe they are starting to try that. Clearly the mood is getting more tense.

any info on the bar open till 2oclock on huay kaew,by central,is it the hotel??? not discovery,thai man told me but did not explain very well,just said huay kaew

Theres plenty of hidey holes.. Came out of zomboi or whatever its real name is at almost daylight a few weeks back (and boy did I pay the wages of sin for that one.. Not getting any younger it seems).

Heres a new trick I saw happening recently which was confirmed by someone I know who was tempted by it who I then met up with the next day. Just as Lucky Bar was being closed down around midnight, we were approached by a quite attractive young lady who said, come with me, I know a bar where you can drink as late as you like....Me being the suspicious type and past my bedtime anyway went home. My friend, always up for a challenge, took off in a tuktuk with the young lady.

She simply took him to a Changklan karaoke with the lights off on the outside but a backroom bar open inside and charging 300 baht for a small beer! My friend made his apologies and left immediately, no harm done to him or his pocket....be warned !!

any info on the bar open till 2oclock on huay kaew,by central,is it the hotel??? not discovery,thai man told me but did not explain very well,just said huay kaew

Its the old club fashion , reopened i heard.( basement Lotus Hotel )

Not had time to check it out but my friend went there last weekend and went home at 3 am.

Cheers,

I have no Problems last night I went too a bar at 6:00 pm by 10:00 pm I had 12 bottles to drink was feeling drunk and left with 2 Thai Girls why would stay pass 10;00 pm even if they were open to 3pm

Just drinking early it is the beer and the same ladies or guys

I have no Problems last night I went too a bar at 6:00 pm by 10:00 pm I had 12 bottles to drink was feeling drunk and left with 2 Thai Girls why would stay pass 10;00 pm even if they were open to 3pm

I went out at 5 PM last night, drunk 15 bottles of beer and left with THREE ladies and a ladyboy at 11.00 PM , I didnt want to stay out past that time

I went out at 5 PM last night, drunk 15 bottles of beer and left with THREE ladies and a ladyboy at 11.00 PM , I didnt want to stay out past that time

I went out at Noon, drunk 30 bottles of beer and woke up with a sore ar$e.

Last night midnight meeting resulted in today a group is going to city hall at 10am.. presenting paperwork and petitions for fair treatment.. Claim news cameras and tv etc will be there..

Are they going to request being allowed to not obey the laws of the Country ?

It's been very very thin on the ground tourist wise in Loi Kroh and Thapae and massage joints the last two nights I have been about.....and not just he bars are hurting.

In one bar came across two late 20s I know from the Night Market, no one buying so closed up their stalls at 10.00pm and off to the bars to try and supplement from lady drinks.

A lot of Thais are short at the end of the month baht wise but for these two ladies to knock off early is a first and they can see this becoming a regular practice for them. They are not making more money, just clutching at straws to keep themselves and stalls afloat in the hope of some improvement in tourist numbers, but I think they were pretty well shattered when they saw empty bars as well.

It's been very very thin on the ground tourist wise in Loi Kroh and Thapae and massage joints the last two nights I have been about.....and not just he bars are hurting.

Yeah about 3 weeks ago (??) I remember seeing a pretty busy niman on a friday and thinking OK its starting to turn, high season might be coming.. But since then really quite empty all around.. Places like the back of soi boxing are just tumbleweed (some of those bars dont get a customer all night on a friday I think).. And Moat end of LK is hardly jumping.

That said, little trendy spots, charging 300 plus for a beer, and I could barely find a seat on a tuesday night.. Its odd in ways that are hard to fathom.

Archived