bars closing at 12 am

DanceAllNight

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since they closed No.1 and left the opposite side open, I haven't bothered going down there.

But it was hardly what I would call noisy and I don't see anything near that banner.

Which is why if I asked if it is simply a git, or to put it another way, a moralistic curtain twitcher who would press his head against a speaker before declaring it to be too loud.

There is an outdoor bar to the side of the banner and they used to have loud music playing until the early hours and the girls in bikinis dancing on the bar if full view of passers by, didnt go down very well with neighbors who have young families either

bit of a porkys that son,or a vivid wet dream you were having,ive been here 12years and never seen what your talking about even in its hey day it was never a unruly soi that number 1,in fact it was the most popular bar in cnx for expats at the time,

The bar in question only opened recently , so your 12 years counts for nothing

It did happen just the once, onOne of the bars opening nights .

There were many complaints from locals. and it didnt happen again

Care to apologise for calling me a liar ?

what your talking about even in its hey day it was never a unruly soi that number 1,in fact it was the most popular bar in cnx for expats at the time,

Eh, are you talking about Number 1 bar OR Soi 1?

How can a whole street be the most popular bar in CM ? :)

Well since they closed No.1 and left the opposite side open, I haven't bothered going down there.

But it was hardly what I would call noisy and I don't see anything near that banner.

Which is why if I asked if it is simply a git, or to put it another way, a moralistic curtain twitcher who would press his head against a speaker before declaring it to be too loud.

There is an outdoor bar to the side of the banner and they used to have loud music playing until the early hours and the girls in bikinis dancing on the bar if full view of passers by, didnt go down very well with neighbors who have young families either

bit of a porkys that son,or a vivid wet dream you were having,ive been here 12years and never seen what your talking about even in its hey day it was never a unruly soi that number 1,in fact it was the most popular bar in cnx for expats at the time,

Last week at my local temple, next to MaeJo Golf Club, filmed on my phone.

You need to get out to the Thai events more often.

This happens randomly all over the place.

i booked a lion air flight to bangkok this morning and i could get a a seat on any plane at any time on thursday or friday

[…] tourists have heard about 12 am lock down city chiang mai

high season here ... yeah right

I’m going to Chiang Mai today (Friday the 4th) and want to get a plane as late as possible, definitely later than 2 p.m.

My options:

Air Asia have only a single flight with available seats: leaves at 14.50 and costs ฿3,389.18.

Nok Air have three flights. 14.30 for ฿3,076.64 or ฿3,543.93 for the plane at 19.00 or 20.25.

Lion Air have four flights. 15.05 for ฿3,325.00 or ฿3,725.00 for one of the evening flights.

Thai Airways have two seats left on their flight at 17.20 for ฿3,680.00.

I’m used to paying ฿1,500-1,800 for a ticket.

I'm not sure of what your post is requesting?

Perhaps you don't realize that this forum is often dominated by "circle jerkers" with high posting numbers and declining intellectual skills. That's understandable and forgivable.

I hope that you get the flight that you can afford.

i booked a lion air flight to bangkok this morning and i could get a a seat on any plane at any time on thursday or friday

I’m going to Chiang Mai today (Friday the 4th) and want to get a plane as late as possible, definitely later than 2 p.m.

My options:

Air Asia have only a single flight with available seats: leaves at 14.50 and costs ฿3,389.18.

Nok Air have three flights. 14.30 for ฿3,076.64 or ฿3,543.93 for the plane at 19.00 or 20.25.

Lion Air have four flights. 15.05 for ฿3,325.00 or ฿3,725.00 for one of the evening flights.

Airlines increase the prices as the date of travel approaches.

If you book on the same day as you fly then you pay much more than someone who books in advance.

Of course they have restrictions. It is regulated. But not on some miserable sods whim.

what country has a miserable sod saying when to close. Here in Thailand we have laws that say when to close. Care to name the country with no laws just a miserable sod making the decisions.

Thai bashing in a sneaky way again I see.

I am bashing an individual. There are no such restrictions in other Thai cities. Stop with the irrelevant bleating.

Bashers of the miserable sods must repent! No sod regardless of degree of misery is fair game to those who bash! (sic le)

My options:

You do understand we are going into an extended week of holidays.. Your trying to last minute book flights the afternoon prior to the kings birthday and long weekend celebrations..

And theres still seats left.. I am shocked.

Airlines increase the prices as the date of travel approaches.

If you book on the same day as you fly then you pay much more than someone who books in advance.

They increase based on demand. For domestic planes in Thailand I generally book the day before and occasionally the same day, I have even bought tickets in the airport for “next available flight” (฿1,800 for CNX → BKK incl. the 300 baht “counter fee”). I don’t recall ever having paid more than ฿2,400 for the CNX to/from BKK route.

As for those who missed the point of my post, it was simply to counter dave2’s post with a more data-heavy anecdote showing a different picture of the tourist demand in Chiang Mai.

Airlines do not actually increase ticket prices .

They have a price structure in batches .

For example : The first 50 tickets will be 1000 Baht , the next 50 will be 1500 Baht, then next 50 will be 2000 Baht and so on .

That is really splitting hairs, because the effect of such pricing model is that when demand is high, the price goes up.

And the starting price is probably also variable. For example, buy a ticket to Thailand half a year in advance, and the 20th of December will still be more expensive than the 20th of June (because the former is in “peak season” where demand is expected to be higher).

Almost every airline uses an automated yield management system that matches price to sales rates. Slow sale releases more cheap seats, high demand automatically ups the price. It is the only way to optimise revenue. And if demand is too low they consolidate flights to save on cost. In a high cost low margin business like airlines they can incur huge losses very quickly. Hence the plight of TG.

I thought this thread was abour bar closing times not the price of flights? The thread has been hijacked!

He wants to get a flight so that he can go to the bars which close at 12PM

now they are closing at noon? I'll have to start drinking before I get out of bed.

Last week at my local temple, next to MaeJo Golf Club, filmed on my phone.

You need to get out to the Thai events more often.

This happens randomly all over the place.

You often get the girls dancing at the temple fairs. Pay money for a ticket to dance on the stage.

It seems that there is no mandatory ban but some will be closed. The owner of my favourite bar could not get anything definitive from the Booze Nazis earlier in the week so has closed and gone to Pattaya to have fun. The restrictions might not affect things this year but judging from tourist reactions that I have heard there will be an effect next year. And there will be no winners in this crack down, only losers of jobs. One bar that has been here for two decades near Nimman has lost so much revenue that it will close in a matter of weeks. And the essential effect will be Thai job losses. Nice one Booze Nazis.

It seems that there is no mandatory ban but some will be closed. The owner of my favourite bar could not get anything definitive from the Booze Nazis earlier in the week so has closed and gone to Pattaya to have fun. The restrictions might not affect things this year but judging from tourist reactions that I have heard there will be an effect next year. And there will be no winners in this crack down, only losers of jobs. One bar that has been here for two decades near Nimman has lost so much revenue that it will close in a matter of weeks. And the essential effect will be Thai job losses. Nice one Booze Nazis.

"One bar that has been here for two decades near Nimman has lost so much revenue that it will close in a matter of weeks. And the essential effect will be Thai job losses."

I hope you don't mean Blar Blar. I'm not a hardcore regular, but I like going there on occasion. And they do employ a lot of people.

Of course they have restrictions. It is regulated. But not on some miserable sods whim.

what country has a miserable sod saying when to close. Here in Thailand we have laws that say when to close. Care to name the country with no laws just a miserable sod making the decisions.

Thai bashing in a sneaky way again I see.

I am bashing an individual. There are no such restrictions in other Thai cities. Stop with the irrelevant bleating.

Bashers of the miserable sods must repent! No sod regardless of degree of misery is fair game to those who bash! (sic le)

there was a thread on the General forum about the closing down at 12:00. Apparently much to some peoples need to feel persecuted there are other provinces with the law being enforced.

CityNews – The junta has warned that it intends to enforce harsh measures regulating the advertising and promotion of alcohol, in a move that will affect thousands of businesses throughout the country.

Details of the law, which is vague and open to interpretation, are provided below. The following guidelines were given to CityNews along with around 30 hoteliers and members of the media who were invited to a meeting at the Tarin Hotel yesterday by the Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office. The aim of the meeting was to clarify the nuances of the law and give warning as to their immediate enforcement.

“I am only here to help you, the media and relevant businesses to understand the law,” said Second Lieutenant Taweesak Jintajiranan. “This law was put into effect due to the rapidly growing costs of alcohol to this nation. Alcohol-related accidents have increased significantly in recent years. While the government makes 70 billion baht income per year from alcohol tax, the cost to the government is upwards of 150 billion baht.”

He went on to expand on the written law as follows:

<snip see above link for more>

there was a thread on the General forum about the closing down at 12:00. Apparently much to some peoples need to feel persecuted there are other provinces with the law being enforced.

Really ?? Exactly where ??

Closest would be Udon Thani or Khon Khen but even there its usually around 1 and the larger clubs left alone a bit after the bars.

Really ?? Exactly where ??

Closest would be Udon Thani or Khon Khen but even there its usually around 1 and the larger clubs left alone a bit after the bars.

I don't remember it was in the General forum. The name I believe was are we being persecuted. It asked about Bar closing times and immigration.

CityNews – The junta has warned that it intends to enforce harsh measures regulating the advertising and promotion of alcohol, in a move that will affect thousands of businesses throughout the country.

Details of the law, which is vague and open to interpretation, are provided below. The following guidelines were given to CityNews along with around 30 hoteliers and members of the media who were invited to a meeting at the Tarin Hotel yesterday by the Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office. The aim of the meeting was to clarify the nuances of the law and give warning as to their immediate enforcement.

“I am only here to help you, the media and relevant businesses to understand the law,” said Second Lieutenant Taweesak Jintajiranan. “This law was put into effect due to the rapidly growing costs of alcohol to this nation. Alcohol-related accidents have increased significantly in recent years. While the government makes 70 billion baht income per year from alcohol tax, the cost to the government is upwards of 150 billion baht.”

He went on to expand on the written law as follows:

<snip see above link for more>

Just read the entire article and it is a serious crock of ****. I suspect these new rules will be enforced briefly or not at all in most of Thailand, but strictly and for long enough to kill the high season in Chiang Mai. I feel sorry for those in the bar business.

Archived