bars closing at 12 am

DanceAllNight

looks like Dayli is doing AYCD Singha Lights for 109 THB....maybe someone can get the specifics....usually a fun place to watch EPL.

A very good deal if you can handle Singha Light. Personally I prefer the three large Tigers for 200 baht at Club Cafe. I'm not putting down Singha or Singha drinkers, it's just not to my liking.

I haven't been to Bob's Garage, where Neighborhood used to be on Nimman soi 17, for many months. I wasn't impressed the last time, but they were new then, maybe they've improved. Has anyone checked them out, or the collection of food places next to them? The food place seems popular.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like Dayli is doing AYCD Singha Lights for 109 THB....maybe someone can get the specifics....usually a fun place to watch EPL.

A very good deal if you can handle Singha Light. Personally I prefer the three large Tigers for 200 baht at Club Cafe. I'm not putting down Singha or Singha drinkers, it's just not to my liking.

I haven't been to Bob's Garage, where Neighborhood used to be on Nimman soi 17, for many months. I wasn't impressed the last time, but they were new then, maybe they've improved. Has anyone checked them out, or the collection of food places next to them? The food place seems popular.

sorry but poor bobs garage is just bascical poor,not even have epl. Thai restaurant across the road is good value hamburgh place next door but one,well up to you.

sorry but poor bobs garage is just bascical poor,not even have epl. Thai restaurant across the road is good value hamburgh place next door but one,well up to you.

I was afraid of that. I liked Neighborhood. I guess it will be Club Cafe, OMG, and Dayli for the foreseeable future. Not bad options, I just wish there was a little more quality variety.

With the possible exception of Warm-Up, bars on Nimmanhamin stop serving by midnight. Some will allow people to buy up to midnight and stick around a little while after to finish them. I haven't checked out the sois for a while, maybe they're quietly pushing the limits.

Speaking of soi bars, does anyone know the status of the new Blar Blar? According to true blue they were going to re-open somewhere near tawan dang, but I haven't seen anything in the soi 6 area that looks promising.

you tried the bar tong go next door to the Victoria hotel,its a mini version of blar blar bar bit phang but its okay,and t bar in santit ham wow must go just for the ladies amazing

Thanks, I'll look for bar tong go. I've been to the place next to (or part of) Victoria that I think is called 5C--they serve slushy beer right at the freezing point. Not a bad thing in this heat.

re: t bar in santit ham wow must go just for the ladies amazing

hes having you on !

half of the .. waitress ladies .. in t bar were not born as girls sad.png

If the other half are, then what actually is the problem?

Also I looked at their Facebook page and they all look perfectly female to me.

T-Bar is another 'sudden' failure.

It went from 'rocking with pretty girls and beer promotions' to 'let's go to Oxide opposite because the girls are all dressed as French Maids and Nurses' in the last 6 months.

FRENCH MAIDS AND NURSES!!?

Now I know you're all just messing with me; it sounds like the best bar ever! ;)

re

Just wondering how the Basic (and SAS Bob) and Tony's Pub aka Lanna Rentals are doing on Loi Kroh Soi 1.

gordon .... basic bars cat .... is alive and well thank you :)

tony of lanna rentals has been working in england for about a month

but tam ... his lovely girlfriend

still manages to serve up one of the best

small breakfasts including tea and toast in chiang mai for 130 baht :)

enjoy .. dave2

post-42592-0-11195600-1461804613_thumb.j

post-42592-0-98578000-1461804645_thumb.j

post-42592-0-04495800-1461804685_thumb.p

Haven't been to town centre in 6 months.

Just wondering how the Basic (and SAS Bob) and Tony's Pub aka Lanna Rentals are doing on Loi Kroh Soi 1.

Used to love going to Tony's place until Mr.Noisey took him to the cleaners!

I read a lot about Mr Noisy. Who is he or is he just a fictional character like Mr Bump that Roger Hargreaves dreamed up?

I was afraid of that. I liked Neighborhood. I guess it will be Club Cafe, OMG, and Dayli for the foreseeable future. Not bad options, I just wish there was a little more quality variety.

you tried the harbour beer garden,many many small bars there,Get youself fitted in to one,lots of variety there,good for eye candy.chang 60bht big one.in big bar on the corner.Not my tipple but.

you tried the harbour beer garden,many many small bars there,Get youself fitted in to one,lots of variety there,good for eye candy.chang 60bht big one.in big bar on the corner.Not my tipple but.

I went to the Harbor a few years ago and wasn't impressed, but things can change a lot in a few years. I'll look into it.

I went to Muy Thai in Loi Kroh last night .

Absolutely horrendous

Endless stream of people selling things tapping you on the shoulder and sticking their goods in your face

you obviously don't get out much, Tell me a bar were they don't, I end up buying more peanuts garlands grape fruit, roses and the latest I see a type of French fries,than I do beer.

Absolutely horrendous

Endless stream of people selling things tapping you on the shoulder and sticking their goods in your face

you obviously don't get out much, Tell me a bar were they don't, I end up buying more peanuts garlands grape fruit, roses and the latest I see a type of French fries,than I do beer.

I wouldn't buy anything from dirty street beggars.

Absolutely horrendous

That is the reason why I dont go out much .Spending all night saying no thank you . trying to speak to friends and getting flowers stuck inbetween your faces really isnt my idea of a good night out

That is the reason why I dont go out much .Spending all night saying no thank you . trying to speak to friends and getting flowers stuck inbetween your faces really isnt my idea of a good night out

Beggars aren't a problem in Thai bars, you need to get out of Loi Kroh.

Beggars aren't a problem in Thai bars, you need to get out of Loi Kroh.

There are some children and old women selling food and flowers in the open air places around Nimmanhamin, and a small number of beggars, but they aren't pushy. I tell then no and they move on. I feel bad about the children out late at night, but I know that the more money they make the more they will be sent out to make more.

At least the door to door flower and trinket vendors haven't resorted to beating up farangs who say "no thank you" to their sales pitch. Not like what happens when ladyboys are turned down in other parts of the country!

Or is that coming?

Doesn't take much to start a hate frenzy.

Thirst, hunger, unemployment, no hope, relegation to the slime and grime of the sidewalks, disenfranchisement by one's own people.

Not in CM?

Interesting!

Absolutely horrendous

Som nam na for visiting such a place. I have seen the shiny black Fortuner these "poor foundlings" alight from. An exploitative scam.

Other than the charming "tribal women scratching wooden frogs", who always make me smile I ignore them as completely as possible.

No greetings , no "no thank you", no aversion of gaze and no reaction to taps on the arm.

Similarly when hearing a sudden hand clap I do not turn my head. A tuk-tuk driver or tout trying to make a farnung look foolish.

At least the door to door flower and trinket vendors haven't resorted to beating up farangs who say "no thank you" to their sales pitch. Not like what happens when ladyboys are turned down in other parts of the country!

Or is that coming?

Doesn't take much to start a hate frenzy.

Thirst, hunger, unemployment, no hope, relegation to the slime and grime of the sidewalks, disenfranchisement by one's own people.

Not in CM?

Interesting!

The relative tranquility of Chiang Mai is a mixed blessing. Soldiers were on the streets and curfews strictly enforced much longer in Chiang Mai than in other parts of Thailand. After the curfew was lifted the police, sometimes with accompanying soldiers, made themselves very visible at night to ensure people didn't have too much fun and closing times were observed.

There aren't as many uniforms out in Chiang Mai as before, but, from what I recall, the police presence in Chiang Mai is much more obvious than in Bangkok, Samui, and Phuket. As has been noted, the city shuts down at midnight.

In summary, far fewer threats and hassles, but much less fun. How badly do you want a safe environment?

I'd just like to say that I don't mind sellers. (Especially the ones who manage not to drag someone's baby along for some stupid reason.)

They're just making a living, and I tend to mostly decline, politely.

They mostly leave me along actually now as they know I'm not buying.. except... when... for some reason I have a temporary spell of insanity, typically alcohol induced, and I do buy something.. A week or two ago I bought lots of those woven wristbands, the ones in hilltribe style, not the rude/lewd text ones although the girl who sells those is very nice too, and she'll actually make so order anything you like, right on the spot.

I'd say it's part of the scenery, the sights and sounds.. Remember the wooden frog ladies? Don't see them too often these days. And I actually see fewer child flower sellers which is also a very good thing.

In summary they're people too, and if they suddenly all disappeared in some insane crackdown then I do think I might actually miss them.

I'd just like to say that I don't mind sellers. (Especially the ones who manage not to drag someone's baby along for some stupid reason.)

They're just making a living, and I tend to mostly decline, politely.

They mostly leave me along actually now as they know I'm not buying.. except... when... for some reason I have a temporary spell of insanity, typically alcohol induced, and I do buy something.. A week or two ago I bought lots of those woven wristbands, the ones in hilltribe style, not the rude/lewd text ones although the girl who sells those is very nice too, and she'll actually make so order anything you like, right on the spot.

I'd say it's part of the scenery, the sights and sounds.. Remember the wooden frog ladies? Don't see them too often these days. And I actually see fewer child flower sellers which is also a very good thing.

In summary they're people too, and if they suddenly all disappeared in some insane crackdown then I do think I might actually miss them.

just thinking wtk not seen any hill tribe ladies selling goods for ages,propaly moved on to pastures greener some were in los.

Archived