"Radar" and "Noi", or should we all have our last will?

lostinisaan

Sawasdee khrap,

. I've seen quite a few foreigners in LOS who suffered a long time, hanging on machines 24/7, before "god" ( became atheist) decided to let him/her go.

Let's see. There's Radar, Gerhard......don't want to write down all the names, but some of you might know what I'm on about.

A little operation, then in a coma for a few months, a lungs infection that gets out of control in an ICU care room with 20 + very sick patients, carrying all sorts of diseases, etc..

Nobody checked Radar's liver ( isn't that the usual procedure, before you operate to have all needed blood tests done?), but they gave him a ,lot of nasty medicine, where even a healthy liver would have some problems with.

But Radar once told me that he'd rather like to die, before he'd quit drinking.

He was damn right about it. He's often sick and couldn't go to school, because his liver was already a fat liver, the cirrhosis had already started....

Radar's "lovely"Harley was given to somebody who didn't deserve it and he only promised to pay for it, his ex girl friend went back to Pattaya after his goodbye and not too many remember him.

He always wore black at school. He started to write a book, " my biking life", but it never made it to a bookshelf.

But Radar % Co are not the only ones. It already happened 13 years ago, when Noi had a little urinal tract infection, which is pretty much painful, but usually harmless. My wife couldn't see it anymore, took our bike and brought her to the nearest hospital.

Unfortunately, did the nurse ( they said it was a doctor, but I couldn't find out the whole truth) inject the whole dose, that should have been given on three following days, in one single IV shut.

An anaphylactic shock was the result. Instead of immediately injecting her some Adrenaline IV, they threw her in an ambulance, drove her to the Sisaket hospital, where she died. ( But it seems that she's already dead when they left the hospital)

When my wife informed me and I drove to the hospital to find out what really happened, a nurse told me that I shouldn't worry, because she had AIDS. Neither her husband, nor any of her daughters were/are HIV positive, or developed AIDS.

Even until now, nobody knows if she's HIV positive. But my visit to the hospital helped that all the docs and nurses showed up, when we cremated Noi. She's only 21 and left two lovely daughters. Killed by a doc,or a nurse?

I think that I will write my last will that I won't hang on some dirty machines 24/7.

post-158336-0-88773300-1443935234_thumb.

As far as I know, any form of Euthanasia is against the law in Thailand. So, keeping a patient alive 24/7 on life support is a MUST for any hospital.

And not to forget: It's far more lucrative for a hospital to keep a guy on life support for months, than allowing for a "quick exit".

Let's be honest. Every Farang living in the "sticks" would rather drop death on the spot, instead of undergoing a lengthy treatment in a provincial hospital.

Having no functioning medical Air-Evac system in place, this is usually the time when people realize, how far away Bangkok's hospitals are.

Cheers.

Medical mistakes are a peril everywhere, including here in Japan where the doctors and nurses are severely overworked for a salary of between $6,000 to $8,500 per month. Life is indeed risky!

One you forget in this post about Radar. He got transfered from Siskaet Hospital to Ubon with a letter fronm the doctor in Sisaket where he pointed out that Radar has some allergies to some kind of medicine, After the surgory in the wakeup room a doctor came in to give him an injecktion where Radars girl pointed out not to give him that because he will have an allergic reaction. This stupid arrogant <deleted> of doctor told her to shut up and the doctor in Sisaket has no idea what he is doing because he only works in a goverment hospital. After Radar passed away his brothers and his girlfriend tried to take them to curt. The case is not finished yet. Because the brothers are living in England and Australia. The girl will see nothing because they not been married.

One you forget in this post about Radar. He got transfered from Siskaet Hospital to Ubon with a letter fronm the doctor in Sisaket where he pointed out that Radar has some allergies to some kind of medicine, After the surgory in the wakeup room a doctor came in to give him an injecktion where Radars girl pointed out not to give him that because he will have an allergic reaction. This stupid arrogant <deleted> of doctor told her to shut up and the doctor in Sisaket has no idea what he is doing because he only works in a goverment hospital. After Radar passed away his brothers and his girlfriend tried to take them to curt. The case is not finished yet. Because the brothers are living in England and Australia. The girl will see nothing because they not been married.

Thanks for posting that. It's really scary how bad some of these docs are. Also in this case two units of Adrenaline IV would have saved Radar's life and the shock would have been gone.

It was really strange when he was in a coma for so long.( A few months!!) His gf had no access to his bank account, the uni he worked for, paid his salary until his death.

"Mr.Green" then found a way to get his nice Harley for almost nothing. No idea if more payments followed after the first 10 K, but i doubt it.

The bike's still around in Sisaket. When your liver is so messed up, pretty much all medicine can be dangerous. Met his girl a few months ago, she seemed to have found a few new guys since then and was planning to get married.

Even if they win the case, it won't bring him back. I truly hope there's enough beer where Radar went to........thumbsup.gif

As far as I know, any form of Euthanasia is against the law in Thailand. So, keeping a patient alive 24/7 on life support is a MUST for any hospital.

Okay, I realize that it is the local definition that counts, but by most definitions, including that of the Catholic church, the withdrawal of extraordinary life support is not euthanasia.

And not to forget: It's far more lucrative for a hospital to keep a guy on life support for months, than allowing for a "quick exit".

Let's be honest. Every Farang living in the "sticks" would rather drop death on the spot, instead of undergoing a lengthy treatment in a provincial hospital.

Having no functioning medical Air-Evac system in place, this is usually the time when people realize, how far away Bangkok's hospitals are.

Cheers.

Why would you need to worry about how far away Bangkok hospitals are? There are many very good hospitals around. People come on here with one example of an error in a hospital and every one goes mad. Just think about it. If Doctors outside of Bangkok were that bad then the locals would be dropping like flies. There must be thousands of people who walk out of hospital in great health for every one that doesn't make it.

Archived