NCPO's fury over Thai Rath cartoon

webfact

Sad thing about all this is that the smartest Thai's are the ones in the most danger.

No worries. The smart ones have moved to other countries. Those that haven't are smart enough to know that they need to keep quiet and cower in fear.

Don't forget that the Military Junta already banned the "3-finger salute", eating sandwiches in public and reading controversial books in public, and this was in the early days of the Military Coup.

Yeah, what happened to Voranai just one day after the coup? Poof!

it just goes to show that the PM has very thin skin

I recently stumbled on an article on Emotional Intelligence as opposed to mere Intelligence Quotient. One of the higher scoring qualities was that those more emotionally intelligent were not easily offended. Their intellect outweighs their ego.

This was the cartoon 1 day before his detention.

Note the boxes on Attitude Adjustment (how prophetic) and Boycotts.

Thank goodness Private Eye does not exist in Thailand.

attachicon.gifThaiRathCartoonTrans.jpg

Is that it? Blimey if thats caused the PM to get his panties in a twist how on earth is he coping with running a country with so many challenges? Don't answer that,,,,

They're cartoons, nobody is bombing, shooting or instigating violence. When people take cartoons too seriously events like the Charlie Hebdo killings in France happen, Something like 11 people died because of cartoons, is that sane? I think someone needs to lighten up, a little light humour is no reason to lose your cool.

I believe this is a common trait of all people in power: they absolutely hate being made fun of and looking ridiculous, especially when it's done on a national, or even global level. It's when they lose credibility, when no one takes them serious anymore and ultimately people lose their fear of these governments. That's why they are preempting so vigorously, it's a serious business.

To be in politics you have to be able to roll with the punches and that includes public ridicule. If you fall at the first sign of attack then you should not be in politics.

Sometimes politicians do or say something that is irreparable for their careers its true (anyone remember Edwina Curry and all eggs have salmonella?) but most things get forgotten pretty quickly.

Political cartoonist Sakda Sae-Iew, aka Sia, will be sued if he continues to publish work that distorts the truth, he was told yesterday by the National Council for Peace an Order

sue him for what he DID [if you can] not for what he WILL do

OK I give in. The Junta is evil!

I have always stood up for Prayuth and his vision for Thailand, but this is one step too far, and coming on top of single gateway, this reeks of paranoia.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I believed that the General started out with good intentions, but starting losing his way early on when he probably realised that running a country wasnt quite as easy as running an Army, where people did what they were told.

He quickly stifled any dissent and didn't like criticism, whether it was nasty and vindictive, or constructive, The Army is as autocratic as it comes, and there he would never have had his commands questioned, stepping up to the big chair and running the country where the people are not conditioned to follow his commands is a big big big reality check.. And he doesn't like it.

The economy is in tatters. Along with many other countries, but the constant referrals that "Thailand " is different or that people don't understand is old and boring, they understand just fine, it's burying your head in the sand and habit the wrong people at your side that hasn't helped.

Don't make promises that you can't keep, and he's doing this now, instead of listening to the voices of the people, he's silencing these voices, he has a "how dare they speak to me in that tone? How dare they question me? "

A great leader opens his heart to people, accepts their criticism, and does what he can to resolve thier concerns and their issues, a great leader is tolerant of fools, but is firm, but fair and friendly in how he deals with them.

A great leader reaches out and helps, and puts themselves in the shoes of the poorest person, and tries to see things from their perspective.

A great leader allows opinions both good and bad, a great leader should be strong enough to debate with confidence, without making threats about "shooting people" or have them whisked off in the small hours for a week of Army bullshit to have their attitudes adjusted.

A great leader doesn't suppress information, he encourage people to see the good and the bad. A great leader tells the truth.

Prayuth doesn't fall into a great leader category, neither did Thaksin by a long shot. Both let power corrupt them, more so Thaksin, as he skimmed and scammed the country blind.

Thailand needs a mans man, one who understand the people, and puts their needs before his own, and it needs someone that the entire country looks up to, admires and respects.

Perhaps that person hasn't been born yet? ;)

OK I give in. The Junta is evil!

I have always stood up for Prayuth and his vision for Thailand, but this is one step too far, and coming on top of single gateway, this reeks of paranoia.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I believed that the General started out with good intentions, but starting losing his way early on when he probably realised that running a country wasnt quite as easy as running an Army, where people did what they were told.

He quickly stifled any dissent and didn't like criticism, whether it was nasty and vindictive, or constructive, The Army is as autocratic as it comes, and there he would never have had his commands questioned, stepping up to the big chair and running the country where the people are not conditioned to follow his commands is a big big big reality check.. And he doesn't like it.

The economy is in tatters. Along with many other countries, but the constant referrals that "Thailand " is different or that people don't understand is old and boring, they understand just fine, it's burying your head in the sand and habit the wrong people at your side that hasn't helped.

Don't make promises that you can't keep, and he's doing this now, instead of listening to the voices of the people, he's silencing these voices, he has a "how dare they speak to me in that tone? How dare they question me? "

A great leader opens his heart to people, accepts their criticism, and does what he can to resolve thier concerns and their issues, a great leader is tolerant of fools, but is firm, but fair and friendly in how he deals with them.

A great leader reaches out and helps, and puts themselves in the shoes of the poorest person, and tries to see things from their perspective.

A great leader allows opinions both good and bad, a great leader should be strong enough to debate with confidence, without making threats about "shooting people" or have them whisked off in the small hours for a week of Army bullshit to have their attitudes adjusted.

A great leader doesn't suppress information, he encourage people to see the good and the bad. A great leader tells the truth.

Prayuth doesn't fall into a great leader category, neither did Thaksin by a long shot. Both let power corrupt them, more so Thaksin, as he skimmed and scammed the country blind.

Thailand needs a mans man, one who understand the people, and puts their needs before his own, and it needs someone that the entire country looks up to, admires and respects.

Perhaps that person hasn't been born yet? wink.png

Or just not yet elected.

They're cartoons, nobody is bombing, shooting or instigating violence. When people take cartoons too seriously events like the Charlie Hebdo killings in France happen, Something like 11 people died because of cartoons, is that sane? I think someone needs to lighten up, a little light humour is no reason to lose your cool.

I believe this is a common trait of all people in power: they absolutely hate being made fun of and looking ridiculous, especially when it's done on a national, or even global level. It's when they lose credibility, when no one takes them serious anymore and ultimately people lose their fear of these governments. That's why they are preempting so vigorously, it's a serious business.

Have to disagree with you on common traits.

Take a look at the annual White House Correspondents' Association dinner roasts. Some of the world's billionaires are the most self demeaning people. On the other hand take Putin....please. wai2.gif

so does anybody still believe that this one is the "good coup"?

coffee1.gif

Apparently, many Thai people do, as the various "polls" claim.

Plus the "many leaders" whom Prayut met in New York and who now understood (Prayut's words) his intentions.

Oh, and that Monk who led a demonstration (comprising 50 pods of no more than 4 individuals per pod) outside the US Embassy last week.

Archived