Sheffield United

soihok

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Blades well and truely thrashed Spurs at Sheffield.

Note that Sheff U have a team worth a fraction of the price of that of Spurs,as well as most teams in the Premiership.

United are not in the same league as Reading, who they followed up last year, but have firmly put a foot in the door in a place that they belong in.

Its not over ,but to the septics who belived we would do a Sunderland of last year, I say.

SHEFFIELD UNITED

Edited by soihok

• 2 weeks later...

On Saturday, Sheff U will travel West and take on the mighty Liverpool!

Everyone says that Liverpool will crush the Blades.

I say.....Sheff U have every chance of a result...not quite a European giant , but still the Blades.

I hope that Mr Gerrard wont display any more of the ,I cant stand up alone in the box ,tactics that he employed in the first 1-1 game last year at Sheffield.

May the best team win.

Cheers

Thanks for the support.

Sad to say that the Blades were on a different level to that of Liverpool,,,totally out classed.

The best team won .....by 4 goals

Not impressed by the shocking first penalty award, but the guy did score a great goal in the second half .

Have to say...Well done Liverpool and well done in Blades.....Have to do better.

Thanks for the support.

Sad to say that the Blades were on a different level to that of Liverpool,,,totally out classed.

The best team won .....by 4 goals

Not impressed by the shocking first penalty award, but the guy did score a great goal in the second half .

Have to say...Well done Liverpool and well done in Blades.....Have to do better.

Well after Westa Ham's performance yesterday it would appear that there is only one relegation place that is not already spoken for...I think your home form will see you alright.

Everyone looses at Liverpool....just depends on by how many...dont be to downhearted, at least you dont have to go there again this year!

• 2 weeks later...

Warnock: Jose's been great

Neil Warnock insists Jose Mourinho has been 'great' for English football.

Since pitching up at Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2004, Mourinho has brought unprecedented success to Chelsea.

He has won the Premiership for the past two seasons and is hunting down Manchester United this time around.

Mourinho welcomes Warnock's Sheffield United side to the capital on Saturday and has been given a glowing commendation from his counterpart.

Warnock, who was once offered the chance to manage Chelsea, is full of praise for the Portuguese's impact in the Premiership.

"No disrespect to Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger, but I think it was a two-horse race in the years before Mourinho came," said Warnock.

"He has ruffled a few feathers and I think it has been great for English football.

"Yes he is a bit too good looking, but other than that there is nothing much wrong with him."

• 4 weeks later...

Well its all going pear shaped for the Blades now.

Listening to the radio in the middle of the night again ,it sounded as if Sheff were playing like a Sunday side.

The second half was nail biting and its obviuos that Sheff U are sorely missing lead striker Rob Hulse.

Charlton-under-dog are now above on goal difference and Wesht Am are 2 behind.

The Blades take on the Hammers next Saturday.

Well done Newcastle

• 3 weeks later...

I know that the massive support for the Blades in Thailand will wonder where I have been at this crucial time of the season.

But dont worry,,,,I,m still here,,,,We are in the thick of it now,,,the next game is a must for Utd ,,who face Watford in Sheffield...if the Blades dont win that....I,ll eat my hat and post the pics here.

UNITED

Just been listening to Sheffield Uniteds victory over Watford, on the radio.

This win gives the Blades a great boost to staying up in the premiership,although the game is not over yet.

I,m happy I dont have to eat my hat also..

All looks grim for Charlton,,where as Wesht Am are putting up a great fight,

Great innit(unless you are a Watford or Charlton fan)

Listening to the radio in the middle of the night again ,it sounded as if Sheff were playing like a Sunday side.

The second half was nail biting and its obviuos that Sheff U are sorely missing lead striker Rob Hulse.

Well done Newcastle

I was at the Newcastle game and we were pants from start to finish. The Toon army were noisy and from where I was in the Westfield Health Stand you couldn't hear the Halam Kop. I came away v. depressed. But I also saw the West Ham match and we were awsome. Tongies free kick was a belter, Steads goal was magic and it's always great when Jags get on the score sheet. Was back in Thailand for the Watford game doesn't sound a clasic but 3 points is 3 points.

It aint over yet but I'd rather be us than Charlton, West Ham, Fulham and Wigan.

Keep up the good work Soihok and COME ON BLADES lets keep get the Lane rockin.

Well done Newcastle

I was at the Newcastle game and we were pants from start to finish. The Toon army were noisy and from where I was in the Westfield Health Stand you couldn't hear the Halam Kop. I came away v. depressed. But I also saw the West Ham match and we were awsome. Tongies free kick was a belter, Steads goal was magic and it's always great when Jags get on the score sheet. Was back in Thailand for the Watford game doesn't sound a clasic but 3 points is 3 points.

It aint over yet but I'd rather be us than Charlton, West Ham, Fulham and Wigan.

Reckon the hard work has been done now for the blades and with an away game against villa and a home game against wigan left you should be very confident of staying up lads.

Nice to have the good half of Sheffield in the premiership :o:D .

Cheers for the support.

I agree it was all doom and gloom , going six games without a win is sad.

The boys have almost turned it around,,,I cant tell you how happy I am (other than I,m very happy) to see the Blades in 15th at this time.

As you say Steve.

COME ON YOU BLADES

Ok people , I have decided that if you want to have a pop at your least favourite teams you can now do so using a new thread thread

Those of you that continue to slag off other teams on their dedicated thread will be treated in a vulgar fashion..

You are still welcome to add sensible critique but try to be intelligient in your chocie of words.

Chon

Well done Newcastle

Nar Den Dee

you will have cheered up a few advertising managers with a post like that.

would the westfield health stand be John street, main stand or bramall lane and what about the hallam kop ...used to be the shoreham when i was a lad!

"

^ When you were a lad. That must be a fair few year back. Does tha still call it 1st Division and all? I was trying to speak so the nippers would understand but for old codgers like thee, I was sat in Bramall Lane end (no standing these days).

:o

^ When you were a lad. That must be a fair few year back. Does tha still call it 1st Division and all? I was trying to speak so the nippers would understand but for old codgers like thee, I was sat in Bramall Lane end (no standing these days).

Im still a lad according to some.

Im assuming you were in upper part of the stand...no good for vertigo sufferers.

Suprisingly I wont qualify until im 66 for my pension...so not so old!

However when I first went, there were only 3 stands.

This Sunday will the turning point of one of three teams avoiding to go down into the abyss.

Wigan look favorites,,,then Wesht Am(Old Trafford :o ) and Sheff U.

If The Blades play like they did last Saturday and dont beat Wigan I would say that they deseve to go,but I cant see that happening....they have worked too hard.

Monty wont be in the team sadly, but the guys still out there are great bunch of players.

I cant see me having any finger nails left on Sunday!

COME ON YOU BLADES

Blade Ace Phil Jagielka will be in the England B team , along with Michael Owen, when they meet Albania later this month.

Nice one Phil !

For your info,,,,,If Phil lasts the whole game this Sunday against Wigan,,,he will have played every second of every match in the Premiership this season, a claim not many (if any) player can call.

GO FOR IT JAGS.

Well so long Premiership.

Who would have thought that it would have come down to one goal in the last game ,,,I have no finger nails left.

It was good while it lasted but it is evident that The Blades deserved to go down.

Total sadness,,,could,nt beat a 10 man Wigan at home.

Thanks for your words people...I was sure that we would have done the job right but as you all know "its a funny old game".

I,m still in shock ,seeing Danny Webber miss two great chances. That has been Sheff Utds season though. Sometimes blinding (3-0) against Wesht Am and other times appauling(0-3) against Aston Villa.

Have to give Wigan a cheer cos they did it and we did,nt....and they did it with ten men.

So ,as you say Taxexile,we can look forward to two games with Wednesday next season.

Cheers for the support guys and I,m so sad that we wont be in the Prem next year.

:o:D

sorry to see them drop , its been a bad year for yorkshire clubs , what with bradford and rotherham dropping to league 2 as well.

but at least you'll have some good derbies with the owls.

I can see you Blades bouncing back next year. Just look at the sides who went down last year. You will have the advantage of the parachute money and should be up there challanging. Remember how bad Sunderland and Birmingham were last year and look at them now. Maybe the problem, yesterday, was thinking you had done enough already after the Watford result. Anyway you don't need a Hammer to tell you this but chin up and the best of luck for next season. :o

Thanks for your words people...I was sure that we would have done the job right but as you all know "its a funny old game".

I,m still in shock ,seeing Danny Webber miss two great chances. That has been Sheff Utds season though. Sometimes blinding (3-0) against Wesht Am and other times appauling(0-3) against Aston Villa.

Have to give Wigan a cheer cos they did it and we did,nt....and they did it with ten men.

So ,as you say Taxexile,we can look forward to two games with Wednesday next season.

Cheers for the support guys and I,m so sad that we wont be in the Prem next year.

:o:D

You could start a championship thread soihok , I reckon we need one and the championship is one of the best leagues in europe , in-fact its the 6th richest in europe and has the richest game the play-off final.

So it could be worse for the blades , they could be in the scottish premiership !!!! :D:D ( only joking jockstar :D:bah: ).

Unlucky Sheffield United. Couldn't have been much closer. A lick of paint making all the difference in the end.

I don't think the Blades will win their legal challenge with the FA over West Ham's illegal acitivities, but I don't blame them for trying and I do think it is in the interests of the league for teams to demand stricter and clearer rulings on this kind of decision in the future. The FA could also do with improving its PR skills which border on 'shocking' in a multi-million pound industry.

Sad to say that the Premier League have looked like a bunch of amateurs in the way they have dealt with this situation.

I have some sympathy for West Ham fans too. Perhaps it's those in charge of the Premier League who should be demoted instead of the Blades or the Hammers! :o