non-0

I am sure this has been talked about, can someone tell me the scoop.

I had a retirement visa here for years. I let it lapse and traveled some.

Now I want to get a new one.

The question is. Do I have to leave the country to get a non-0 visa?

Can I get one in Thailand?

I am currently here on a two month tourist visa.

Thanks

You can convert that tourist-VISA you have got to a non imm O for reason of later applying for a retirement extension (IT IS NOT A VISA mind you).

Better educated people in this will soon come and assist you more in detail... But it can be done without you leaving Thailand.

Glegolo

You can upgrade to a Non Imm O Visa at Bangkok Immigration if you qualify for the retirement extension and you have at least 15 days left on your stay.

It will probably mean a couple of trips to Bangkok so might actually be easier to get a Non Imm O Visa in a neighbouring country.

You can do a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. Bangkok immigration is the only office that can approve the application. They have authorized a few nearby offices (Jomtien is one) to accept the application for it.

If not living in or near Bangkok it would be easier to get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane or Penang.

Thanks allot guys. A big help.

I may go to Penang, I like Malaysia. I would of stayed there but the smoke from Indonesia was killing me. I had to leave.