Aged care homes

luckydog1

Anyone know anything about aged care homes for farangs in Isaan? Am in my 70s with a caring Thai family, but feel the time eventually will come when I'll need to get myself off their hands

Have checked Nongkhai, Udon and KK, but doesn't seem to be anything around.

Any ideas or suggestions?

As custom is for family to take care of family they are in short supply even for Thai - do not believe there are any limited to foreigners but there are a few in major cities such as Chiang Mai/Bangkok and expect Southern islands and perhaps coast. Most discussion I believe has been in the health forum.

If I remember right there is a Wat in Ratchaburi south of Bangkok,Was there a few times about 2 years ago

they had home for expats,just asked the wife she said that it was still there,should be easy to fine,

ok the wat is "Wat Nong Hoi",hope this helps

if you are british go back to the uk and get everything for free

Only free if you don't have money (and even then they will take some of your pension so it's rarely actually free).

Those who saved all their lives get it taken off them to help finance the people who pi$$ed their money against a wall. It's known on both sides of the political divide to be totally unfair, but nobody knows how to solve the conundrum of how to provide fairly for the aged.

Full cost of a old people's home in the UK is typically between 1,250 and 2,500 per month btw, depending on quality/location/room sharing & facilities. Upmarket homes for genteel folks even more.

You should have an open conversation with your folks about using some money you have earmarked (and which would otherwise be spent on a home) to get some paid help into their home to do the dirty work.

As you will know Thai culture is that families take care. If you've taken care of them it's pay back time and you should not feel the same sense of guilt that falang culture seems to bestow on its elderly as a way of reinforcing the isolationist exploded family culture of the west.

You're joking aren't you?

Free if you're a council rat

Own your property & have savings & it's all gone

Meant to be a cap being brought in of £85k max contribution but nothing yet

Free my butt -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Father Giovanni that started this orphanage ....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camillian_social_center_in_Rayong

Was building an aged care unit in Korat, I was informed of this over a year ago so it should be completed.

Im not sure where in Korat it is but if you contact the Camillian centre in Rayong they should be able to tell you.

You're joking aren't you?

Free if you're a council rat

Own your property & have savings & it's all gone

Meant to be a cap being brought in of £85k max contribution but nothing yet

Free my butt -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, it is annoying but with some careful planning you can still get into a 'Free OAP Home' , and still have a bit of dosh ......but hear what you are saying, so so annoying if you have worked hard all your life , with property and savings, hence the reason i put my property in my familys name..., so on paper i have nothing.. well to the UK Government...

Shrewd for sure... Tax man aint getting any of mines..

Archived